The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not listening to any of that.... i wanna wait until august 2 and check the full song out..... welll ill try anyway

Exactly what I said the day Blackbirds went to YouTube, and when Across the Line got on YouTube... It didn't work.

guysssss

i am confused !!!

we are given SNIPPETS of the Song ? or some Vocals and sound ?

??? Can anyone answer ? :P

plzzz

The band has released snippets of the song for us to completely reuse and remix the song. You can add your own tracks to it too such as guitar etc. You can do WHATEVER you like. You then submit it so it's entered into the competition and the winner gets their track featured on the new album.

The band has released snippets of the song for us to completely reuse and remix the song. You can add your own tracks to it too such as guitar etc. You can do WHATEVER you like. You then submit it so it's entered into the competition and the winner gets their track featured on the new album.

thanks ...

so it will the winer's song will be as o bonus track ? or just in the end of the record ?

I actually love Mikes part, too. I mean Chester is freaking awesome, but I don't think its right to say, that Mike would ruin the song. Not at least because I don't see his parts as "singing" at all, I think its more a mixture of rapping and singing, not comparable to what Chester does. I think the style is really absolutely not what Linkin Park sounded until now, but I love it. The style (not the song itself) reminds me a bit of Across the line.

thanks guys for checking it out.....i like mike's part...but with the samples we have...it doesn't really work....we needed more.

in fact....it would have been an idea that once you submit your mix and it's verfied...they sent you the track in lo res format.....but that will never happen....this is warner (money hungry cunts) we are talking about

The style (not the song itself) reminds me a bit of Across the line.

I can't see how it would be even close to Across the Line imo.

About Mike's vocals, I don't think they're bad (rythm is cool, lyrics are cool), but the way they are produced sounds horrible, at least for me.

Anyway, I wonder if it was really a good idea to give us the stems before the single comes out. The fact a fan can appear on the new album to show his/her musical abilities is without any doubt awesome, but maybe LP should have made this contest after the release of The Catalyst. Because now that we have all those little samples, the hype about the single is going to diminue over and more until the 2nd of august....How could it be possible to still be excited about a song you have heard all parts 100 times in 1000000 remix? I don't want to be pessimist, I'm just a little worried.

Edited by Qwerty18