The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at everyone getting mad and saying Mike ruined the song or the song is bad when WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD IT YET. These are random snippets from it! It will sound different when everything is put together. Sometimes I really hate LP fans....

On a lighter note: NEW FUCKING LINKIN PARK. This shit is gonna be epic.

What the fuck is this shit, i mean seriously i can't work with this.

I can't believe mike isn't doing anything about this contest, he knows this site is a piece of shit.

What the hell mike...

Lol.

Maybe they should make the next release ten minutes of blue whale sounds so that you can complain that it's not the dolphins you wanted.

well, I guess I have to blow the dust off of my Logic Studio and bang some sexy out. I wish they would have like mastered the stems a lil, it's gunna be a mess trying to mix this bad boy down.

LOL at everyone getting mad and saying Mike ruined the song or the song is bad when WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD IT YET. These are random snippets from it! It will sound different when everything is put together. Sometimes I really hate LP fans....

On a lighter note: NEW FUCKING LINKIN PARK. This shit is gonna be epic.

i agree

lp fans somtimes r realy stubid

sorry but it just 30 sec of the song why u guys Judge on the hole song?

God why are you guys bitching SO MUCH about Mike's vocals when we hear them in a snippet of a song, for like 30 seconds? Come on.

I FOR ONE LIKE THEM VERY MUCH AND HOPE THAT THERE IS PLENTY OF MIKE SINGING ALL OVER THE ALBUM

I think ya'll need to use a little common sense hear. Clearly there is too much going on with Mike's vox. But maybe in a relationship with the rest of the track mixed down properly it plays out well. These guys are professionals, so clearly if they had effect on it there would be some justification behind it. I wouldn't freak just yet.

EDIT: Oh yea, and if mike thought his VOX were complete garbage he wouldn't have edited them in that way, because they don't in anyway enhance his sound vocally, so there has to be a point for it. Wether it's just for style or whatever, it's not to hide his supposed lack of singing talent.

Like someone said earlier, they put the stems on the shitty site like that, to help the people without editing software to remix. Obviously we would rip the stems off the site anyways, and once you're done just upload it back to the site. Simple as that. Plus the music has been up for like 10 hours. I'm sure the minute Mike put it up he wasn't just staring at the screen like us fans trying to figure out solutions. He was probably like "did it get uploaded? sweet, i'm going to bed later." I think the fans get a little to comfortable with this assumption that Linkin Park must cater to our every need and complaint. Just be glad they are still churning out music for us and attempting to do something sick like this remix contest.

Btw, the song clip to me sounds like an intro almost, and it sounds almost as if they edited things around to fit the clip so that people couldn't tell if it was the chorus or not. I sounds like it "could" be the chorus but it also sounds like it could be anything else.

Edited by praya

It's hard to say anything about the song until now but I think it will be a good single. Nothing really crazy, just something to have airplay on the radio stations but that's ok. The vocal effect on Mike's voice isn't that terrible, T-Pain and Kanye West's auto-tune stuff is terrible :P The piano line sounds like the New Divide Demo...

There's a "save locally" option next to the solo button. This leads me to believe you can save them to your PC, I just can't get it to work or figure out how. "Load Local Track" takes a audio file from your computer, wouldn't "save locally" do the opposite?

Well then I'm going to give this a go. It's a shame the site is so slow, the clips don't play fully and it crashes my browser every 10 mins but what can I say.

Hey why are you wasting your time on that shitty site!! Here are all the stems, posted a few pages ago here only. Get to work!! People have high hopes from you....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGMUMS30

I don't think that's an accurate snippet. In fact, I don't think all those are meant to be played at the same time.

It sounds to me as if those are just stems from different segments of the song, or atleast at different lengths so if all played at one time it misrepresents the proper layering of the track.

I don't think this is what we'll hear August 2nd.

mike ruined the song. he should stick to fucking rapping and not singing

Stop fucking bitching, you haven't even heard the song yet. Good god damn if this isn't the most ignorant post I've ever seen, god save me. Holy shit. You are an idiot.

The site is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen. Won't work in Firefox and I just tried AGAIN in IE...plays like 10 seconds of Mike then it pauses but says it's still playing. SUPER LAG. Then crashes. How can you mix in this? Make the stems available for download FFS.

God why are you guys bitching SO MUCH about Mike's vocals when we hear them in a snippet of a song, for like 30 seconds? Come on.

I FOR ONE LIKE THEM VERY MUCH AND HOPE THAT THERE IS PLENTY OF MIKE SINGING ALL OVER THE ALBUM

I would love to hear Mike sing more. He did an amazing job on NRL and I think that NRL is one of LP's best songs. This snippet, though, is way over-produced. He sounds like a robot. If he has a chorus of people singing behind him in the full version or just him with no layers, it'll sound a thousand times better. Other than that, Mike's snippet sounds horrible. Chester is top-notch, though.

Edited by LPFreak64