The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

All these fan made versions sound great, just imagine how the actual version will sound!

By the way: New signature, what do people think? And with this post, I magically become a ROADIE!

Edited by TripleXero

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, this is so confusing. I'm not allowed to download the tracks myself, make my mix, and then upload it as an audio file? I have to use this thing? Right.

The MySpace page broken for anyone else? Asks for a login but neither my MySpace nor MixParade logins work.

Haven't tried it yet to be honest.

If they're not allowing to download the tracks and give your twist to the song and use the site they gave us, i think it's really limiting for alot of musicians here, since we all used using our daws and know the in's and outs about it.

Haven't tried it yet to be honest.

If they're not allowing to download the tracks and give your twist to the song and use the site they gave us, i think it's really limiting for alot of musicians here, since we all used using our daws and know the in's and outs about it.

To be honest, if they're not going to allow me to download the tracks on their own, and then upload my own mix as an audio file, I'm not going to bother. The site is so slow and the tracks fail to play fully on either one of my browsers so at the moment, there isn't much point :/

i hated WID when I heard it

the same thing is happening right now

Mike's singing vocals are crap, he cant do lead vocals, we all know it.

I don't think it's fair to judge Mike's vocals on something that sounds just so horribly overproduced. What I love about Mike's vocals is that when he sings, there is a sense of vulnerability and emotion. No Roads Left was just so emotionally powerful and In Between had the vulnerability. You can't get either of these things when his vocals are so weird and overproduced. I was one of those people hoping to hear more of Mike's singing on this album. Just not in this way with this type of production. I could see myself loving this song if it's produced differently and I think it will be. I don't think the final release on August 2nd will sound like this, production wise. I honestly couldn't recognize Mike though the first time I heard it. To me, he doesn't sound like himself on this.

Anybody have the link for Chester's' vocals and not on Mediafire please? Are there 6 streams altogether?

if you want i can also upload the whole package + mike / chester acapella on megaupload

tell me where you want them to be :)

I dont know about everyone else but to me that sounded fucking epic! Well worth the wait from Not Alone (Last LP song released). This album is def new and going to be "busting" something when its released! Man i hope for a leak lol.

First of all I DO NOT like bojam at all :D I can't work with this!?I had to pause the stems like every 10 sec to hear the full thing because it would stop playing for some reason.As for the vocals-I got kinda shocked at the beginning with Mike's vocal but it's grown on me.Chester's vocal kick ass...and I really think that when the song comes out all pieced together it will sound amazing.So I'm really looking forward to that.In the meantime I gotta figure out a way to work with this piece of crap website or find a way to upload an audio file.

mike sounds effin terrible. chester sounds ok. ugh underwhelmed so far, but there just stems so im overreacting lol

No, Mike just sounds different to what you are use to him sounding like. It's good. And as for Chester.. Well he is just being Chester.

I'm more astonished at the Youtube comments regarding the clips, claiming they BECAME mainstream with this. :lol:

In all seriousness, I really like the vibe of this new album thus far. Minutes to Midnight was a major letdown for me but I think there is some potential with this A Thousand Suns specimen...

Edited by rav0k