The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

While I will admit ATL is the first thing I thought of when I thought of my favorite vocals from MTM era but I'm really digging the way this thing sounds. Hopefully the music matches the vocals in terms of good material. In terms of Minutes to Midnight, the actual album, this easily blows every vocal thing they did on that album to smitherines. Chester sounds feminine in the studio version of TLTGYA.

MTM had some great vocals. I'm going to go against you on this post, even though I don't particularly want to. Given Up had some really strong vocals, especially the 18 second scream. The Little Things had some beautiful vocals. In Pieces had great vocals, just not live, same goes for Leave Out All The Rest. He did the whole raspy old school style on Bleed It Out that he never uses anymore. I won't say that MTM had the best vocal performances, but some of them were pretty good. I agree that The Catalyst's vocals are really fucking good though, probably better than most of MTM. They are very strong, they're stronger than MTM vocals. I'm not disagreeing with you on that, I'm just disagreeing with you on the fact that MTM did have some decent vocals.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out our cover of "The Catalyst" by Linkin Park. We hope you enjoy it. We re-wrote the entire song to their stems! Let us know what you think!

The Video of our cover is here -

Our band - www.MySpace.com/DangerSilent

THIS!!! THIS!!

Check out our cover of "The Catalyst" by Linkin Park. We hope you enjoy it. We re-wrote the entire song to their stems! Let us know what you think!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! we really appreciate it. hope you vote for us! where do we upload it for the contest?

You guys in general are

VERY

FUCKING

AWESOME

that is all

hey im trying to find out the BPM and like anything obvious I can't seem to find it. lol HELP :[

btw, mike said there are no rap remixes?

http://twitter.com/m_shinoda/status/18179255542

A bunch of people are asking about key and tempo for their remixes of #THECATALYST. It’s in D minor, and the BPM is 135.

and nope mike said there was none yet. Go for it!

WOW! That was fantastic! This contest is turning out way better than I thought it would be

that was awesome!! i wish u the best :D

DangerSilent.. i think you have the full 50% for commercial appeal lol

jk i think its genuinely good (if not the best so far)

How epic it would be if chester cam in and sang your original vocal parts with you in the last part. maybe better than the original.

The only problem is that with the current snippets we have available no one can really tell if your piece would fit the song at all

ALSO.. do you think you might do a remix of the actual song when its out (even if you don't win the contest)

Edited by Wayne2kx

wow.

Edited by GraDoN

Holy shit :o This is amazing!

I'm currently taking notes of the remix i did, and bout to adjust some more things and couple of more sounds and variations to keep it interesting. After that the most fun part begins, MIXING haha.

Can't wait to let you guys hear what i've made.