The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, you should stop spamming... That's at least the third time you're posting this link here and I've seen you doing exactly the same thing at LPA.

We've had many others posting several works in progress. If I went through and deleted duplicated posts or consolidated submissions by user into just one of their posts, this thread would be nowhere near the length it is.

We've had many others posting several works in progress. If I went through and deleted duplicated posts or consolidated submissions by user into just one of their posts, this thread would be nowhere near the length it is.

Go Ahead. Give it a shot. LOL. It would take you HOURS!!

This whole thing about no original vocals is pretty lame. How do they expect people to be really creative with the song if we can't even arrange how we want with our own vocals, even using THEIR lyrics. They only gave us a minute of audio between mike and chester that don't even sound like verses...more like a chorus and background chant.

Mike Shinoda really does seem like he wants to hear people's original ideas and vocals for this song, but Warner won't let them. So I'm submitting our main version to the general public for everyone to hear, since they seem to dig it, and I guess we'll re-work their vocals in there for a new version to submit to Linkin Park. Sucks...I hope they hear our original.

This whole thing about no original vocals is pretty lame. How do they expect people to be really creative with the song if we can't even arrange how we want with our own vocals, even using THEIR lyrics. They only gave us a minute of audio between mike and chester that don't even sound like verses...more like a chorus and background chant.

Mike Shinoda really does seem like he wants to hear people's original ideas and vocals for this song, but Warner won't let them. So I'm submitting our main version to the general public for everyone to hear, since they seem to dig it, and I guess we'll re-work their vocals in there for a new version to submit to Linkin Park. Sucks...I hope they hear our original.

soo you will remove Chester... and Mike's vocal? Good. Because I think the tempo of Mike's rapping doesn't match with your badass remix. It ruins the outro IMO :)

soo you will remove Chester... and Mike's vocal? Good. Because I think the tempo of Mike's rapping doesn't match with your badass remix. It ruins the outro IMO :)

Well actually, we are going to have to remove my vocals. =[ We will have to remix their vocals in time with what I sang and Melodyne it in key and stuff. It will be hard, but we will see what happens. You can still download our version if you want, but we will probably submit the other one instead.

Well actually, we are going to have to remove my vocals. =[ We will have to remix their vocals in time with what I sang and Melodyne it in key and stuff. It will be hard, but we will see what happens. You can still download our version if you want, but we will probably submit the other one instead.

Why don't you just submit both of them? Make a different myspace account & submit the one with your original vocals through it. Period.

EDIT: @Alex Why don't you also do the same thing I said above. And please, even if you don't submit the one with the original vocals, atleast release them on your YT Channel.

Edited by Anjum_Agony.In.Disguise

I thought that "original vocal" refers to Mike and Chester's. sorry I didn't get that point :(

this really sucks. . .

I thought that "original vocal" refers to Mike and Chester's. sorry I didn't get that point :(

this really sucks. . .

Ya but we don't really care about winning, so whatever...maybe we'll submit it anyway. I just had a lot of fun doing it, and wanted all of you to hear it, because I thought you guys would dig it!

I'm glad you like it, that's all that matters. Hopefully our band will get some more recognition because of it. =]

Why don't you just submit both of them? Make a different myspace account & submit the one with your original vocals through it. Period.

EDIT: @Alex Why don't you also do the same thing I said above. And please, even if you don't submit the one with the original vocals, atleast release them on your YT Channel.

Ok, I think we can do that. I'll get back to you on it today or tomorrow. Nick, my bandmate, is working on fitting their original vocals to my mix of it, so we'll see what we can do! =]

I was going to make two versions; one with original vocals and one without but I'm going to stick with the one without original vox. Seems like a safer bet.

Ya I just checked out your stuff man. Some of your covers aren't bad at all. Your voice actually resembles a young Chester a lot. Good job man. Hope you liked our cover! =]

Edited by LPxDC
Triple Post Merged. - LPxDC

Hi I'm new here. and I came to tell you about how I'm gonna kick some ass in this contest :P

http://soundcloud.com/rocky-palos/linkin-p...-ft-rocky-palos

Iono how much ass though :lol:

I like this one the best because you didn't turn down the vocals like all the other remixes. Why in the hell would someone turn down the vocals anyways? But can you please make this available for download? This is the best remix I've heard so far.

@Danger Silent The remix is very good the only thing is the screamings at the end I think they are useless, it doesn't fit in the song and in LP's new ideology in my opinion. Still I like your remix a lot :)

Nice job dude. but like LPsoldier0303 said the intro does drag on a fair bit, maybe think about downsizing it.

i cant fukin wait for mike make some sounds with his synthesizers , in live version similar to new divide ;) Live version is always amazing and interesting you never know whats gonna come !!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Edited by aravind221

DangerSilent. Mike actually modified that rule about no vocals. He said that some of the posted rules would be taken out. In the ustream video he posted about the contest, he said that you can do ANYTHING and specifically mentioned vocals. He said they weren't NECESSARILY looking to do a duet but if it was amazing enough it could still win.

SO submit it, by all means.. (I'll post the link so you can see for yourself)

EDIT: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8197394

Start watching from 3:40

"Is singing allowed? I don't think we're necessarily looking for a duet, but if you do something and its awesome, awesome is awesome." -Mike

"Besides, like I said, if your a great vocalist and you want to make a song over the music, that's what its for too. I'm surprised we haven't already gotten a rap submission." -Mike

I'd say definitely submit both.

Edited by Wayne2kx