The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner will definitely be a bonus track: "The Grand Prize Winner will be flown with a friend to meet Linkin Park, and will also have the his or her submission included as a bonus track on Linkin Park's new studio album, A Thousand Suns. "- from the Indaba site thing

I would just like to inform people that if you vote for Rocky Palos' remix submission you will help save abandoned puppies, starving children in poor countries, and you will create new jobs in the North American economy. Because Rocky wants change, and that change is to not focus on nu-metal, not to focus on the remixes you feel you can rock out to, but focus on....uh....mine, I guess.

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22090

I tried *shrugs*

Didn't know the winner will recieve some money as well oO

The Grand Prize Winner will be flown with a friend to meet Linkin Park, and will have the his or her submission included as a bonus track on Linkin Park's new studio album, A Thousand Suns.

The Winner will also recieve $1000 cash.

*Source*

im sorry. but im sick of this. alex, sorry, but your mix isnt good. your other shit is pretty cool, for the most part. but your catalyst remix has terrible background chords, off-time vocals, and doesnt flow well at all. and stop cheating with fake e-mail accounts, its ridiculous. there is no way you can top 200,000 friends on myspace voting for us (which you don't have). it's making this contest lame to not see who the real winners are with all these little teenagers voting for themselves and getting their friends to make fake e-mails too.

if you want to hear a real mix, where there is no bs, just creativity, and passion...then listen to ours and vote for it if you dig it. if not vote for someone else. just hope you enjoy it.

oh and f*ck the rules of the contest. WE DONT CARE!

thank you.

<3

-chris

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22104 - VOTE FOR US HERE

- MUSIC VIDEO

How was that speaking highly of ourselves...we were a huge band that broke up and is getting back together under a different name. LoL we have so many people backing us legitimately instead of fake voting for ourselves. We have huge myspaces and promotion companies telling our fans and their's to vote for us...but this little english kid and these tehcno remixing weirdos keep pulling ahead of us? If that's not rigged...I don't know what is. It would be nice to have a fair contest where anything goes. Sorry we thought the most outside the box and didn't put breakdowns throughout the whole song, or make it dubstep or techno, and actually made a melody with VOCALS ON TIME! OMG YOU CAN PUT VOCALS ON TIME!?!?!? That's unheard of...in this contest at least.

Love you too. bye.

OMG!! What was that?? Agreed your mix is good but PLEASE STOP promoting & speaking so highly of yourself in every post you make.

And better still...what is your signature? (that would be a better question)

rofl...looks like some retard scribbled a sharpie in blood.

Edited by LPxDC
Double Post Merged. Last Warning. - LPxDC

And better still...what is your signature? (that would be a better question)

rofl...looks like some retard scribbled a sharpie in blood.

you've already been warned about double posting. I've private messaged you about it. Plus you are way out of line in your posts sir. You are entitled to your opinion but you are just down putting alex now. Which isnt fair what has he done to you?

DangerSilent:

Gosh, it's just a contest, so chill. Your life ain't gonna end if you end up second (my mix is somewhere around 30th spot and I'm not whining). This rant against Alex's mix is just beyond me. But if you have some pieces of evidence that he's faking, then show it to everyone. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

Also:

Sorry we thought the most outside the box and didn't put breakdowns throughout the whole song, or make it dubstep or techno, and actually made a melody with VOCALS ON TIME!

What makes you better than dubstep or techno guys? The fact of being a rock band doesn't make you any better. Music is music. No better or worse, but different. Variety of entries in this contest is what makes it awesome.

And less seriously:

We have huge myspaces and promotion companies telling our fans and their's to vote for us

So...? I have an elephant and two cats.

(@staff: sorry, but I just couldn't resist it)

im sorry. but im sick of this. alex, sorry, but your mix isnt good. your other shit is pretty cool, for the most part. but your catalyst remix has terrible background chords, off-time vocals, and doesnt flow well at all. and stop cheating with fake e-mail accounts, its ridiculous. there is no way you can top 200,000 friends on myspace voting for us (which you don't have). it's making this contest lame to not see who the real winners are with all these little teenagers voting for themselves and getting their friends to make fake e-mails too.

if you want to hear a real mix, where there is no bs, just creativity, and passion...then listen to ours and vote for it if you dig it. if not vote for someone else. just hope you enjoy it.

oh and f*ck the rules of the contest. WE DONT CARE!

thank you.

<3

-chris

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22104 - VOTE FOR US HERE

- MUSIC VIDEO
Man...I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but what you're writing here is just sh*t. In a contest, you have to accept to loose. It seems like you are considering yourself the best band of all-time, and like you were sure to win the prize. Now that it isn't the case, you are putting down other contenders, when still promoting your music. It's just bad. Dude, I think you have to learn 2 things really important in life:

-modesty/humility

-fairplay

Anyway, even if I liked you remix, I think Alex's one is way way way better. No lying, no favoritism, only my opinion.

Man...I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but what you're writing here is just sh*t. In a contest, you have to accept to loose. It seems like you are considering yourself the best band of all-time, and like you were sure to win the prize. Now that it isn't the case, you are putting down other contenders, when still promoting your music. It's just bad. Dude, I think you have to learn 2 things really important in life:

-modesty/humility

-fairplay

Anyway, even if I liked you remix, I think Alex's one is way way way better. No lying, no favoritism, only my opinion.

this

-modesty/humility

-fairplay

I agree. I might have voted for them until I saw that little temper tantrum.

Dude, spamming with links to your remix was pretty lame, but THAT is just pathetic. Look how many subscribers Alex has on YouTube - 11936. And you? 75. Still can't belive that he has more votes than you?

Both of you did a very good job but now I hope that you won't win, because it seems like you're a horrible person.

lol you guys are funny. re-read the post, i say we put all our passion and effort into it. we use chord structures that made sense...and the vocals ARE ON TIME! his mix, the vocals aren't even on time, the mix sounds terrible, and didn't really do anything creative. but it's whatever. i was making a point that it's funny with somewhere around 1,000 votes...these little kids are still coming back and winning with self-promotion by changing their e-mails and using bots. i agree with what someone said on the actual lp forums...they need to use the stormcloud way for contests where people can't cheat.

it's just lame. if you like that better, that's your opinion. but u have a few members of different bands, and producers in a studio right now watching me type this, that have listened to all these different remixes...laughing, at how idiotic the world can be, and how blind they can be to good music. i like ALL kinds of music. but they said they wanted it to be like LINKIN PARK and be catchy, and give your own creative edge to it...they did not say make it a hiphop or techno song. they want a real live mainstream song. thats what we did, and i put a lot of effort into those vocals, and it was great doing it.

i could give a crap less about winning. i just think you need wake up and listen to good music. if you love linkin park so much, how can let someone make a mockery of it??

i'm a terrible person? i make music for people who want to have better lives...to help people strive to be better people...not to shit on people's music lol. for instance, stop people from killing themselves. go listen to our music, and lyrics, you'll understand. and as for his subscribers....um...check our myspace, we have over 22,000 on ours, and Jambonie, who is backing us and promoting has way over 100,000 friends on theirs...plus i just deleted my myspace with over 3 million friends. so dont give me that. i know how online promoting works better than most. i also can detect e-mail phishers and when someone is using bots. if you want, i'll ip trace him to get his e-mails he is using...

and sorry about the double post, that was my bad..forgot to edit. won't happen again =X

Edited by DangerSilent

DangerSilent, quit the bitching.

You guys both have damn cool songs that are getting plenty of commercial appeal so just stfu, really.

And stop complaining about how many votes Alex (GigaScythe) is getting since all the fanboys change their emails to vote again.

Voting doesn't mean shit for this competition, it only helps. Them "Lincoln Boys" get the final say.

Didn't mean to come off as an ass.

Edited by Jack

as for his subscribers....um...check our myspace, we have over 22,000 on ours, and Jambonie, who is backing us and promoting has way over 100,000 friends on theirs...plus i just deleted my myspace with over 3 million friends.

One thing - YouTube subscribers really want to hear you music and MySpace friends not necessarily.

but u have a few members of different bands, and producers in a studio right now watching me type this, that have listened to all these different remixes...laughing, at how idiotic the world can be, and how blind they can be to good music.

Cheers you guys ;)