The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

I like ALL kinds of music. but they said they wanted it to be like LINKIN PARK and be catchy, and give your own creative edge to it...they did not say make it a hiphop or techno song. they want a real live mainstream song.

You're out of the subject here. Mike said "The weirder, the better".

And about the rest of your post: please stop with all your "I'm the best, I did that and it sounds great, he did that and it sounds lame, we have 30000000000000000 millions of fans, listen to our music....and blablabla....and blablabla...". It sounds arrogant, nothing else.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry. but im sick of this. alex, sorry, but your mix isnt good. your other shit is pretty cool, for the most part. but your catalyst remix has terrible background chords, off-time vocals, and doesnt flow well at all. and stop cheating with fake e-mail accounts, its ridiculous. there is no way you can top 200,000 friends on myspace voting for us (which you don't have). it's making this contest lame to not see who the real winners are with all these little teenagers voting for themselves and getting their friends to make fake e-mails too.

if you want to hear a real mix, where there is no bs, just creativity, and passion...then listen to ours and vote for it if you dig it. if not vote for someone else. just hope you enjoy it.

oh and f*ck the rules of the contest. WE DONT CARE!

thank you.

<3

-chris

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22104 - VOTE FOR US HERE

- MUSIC VIDEO

First of all, I think your remix is none-too-great (better than I could do, but far from the best mix in the contest).

Second of all, where's your evidence that he is using fake e-mail accounts?

Thirdly, grow up.

First of all, I think your remix is none-too-great (better than I could do, but far from the best mix in the contest).

Second of all, where's your evidence that he is using fake e-mail accounts?

Thirdly, grow up.

Dude...I wasn't going to respond to you, but this is my last one. You are talking to someone who works with the producers of Jamie Foxx, Head from Korn, Flotsam and Jetsam, Primus, and more. I have engineered and produced for Disney and Warner with Nick, who is also in my band...so to claim that our "mix" is bad, is just out-and-out stupid. If you don't like our song, that's one thing...but don't talk shit about our mix lol. I mean, I know our song is good, but if you don't thats fine. I can tell you're probably like 16, and don't know what you're talking about.

What's the 3:1 Principle...? What's better a Neumann u87 or Rode NT1? Exactly. Now stop talking before you know what you are talking about. You are judging people's songwriting, not their "mixing". buhbye now

lol you guys are funny. re-read the post, i say we put all our passion and effort into it. we use chord structures that made sense...and the vocals ARE ON TIME! his mix, the vocals aren't even on time, the mix sounds terrible, and didn't really do anything creative. but it's whatever. i was making a point that it's funny with somewhere around 1,000 votes...these little kids are still coming back and winning with self-promotion by changing their e-mails and using bots. i agree with what someone said on the actual lp forums...they need to use the stormcloud way for contests where people can't cheat.

it's just lame. if you like that better, that's your opinion. but u have a few members of different bands, and producers in a studio right now watching me type this, that have listened to all these different remixes...laughing, at how idiotic the world can be, and how blind they can be to good music. i like ALL kinds of music. but they said they wanted it to be like LINKIN PARK and be catchy, and give your own creative edge to it...they did not say make it a hiphop or techno song. they want a real live mainstream song. thats what we did, and i put a lot of effort into those vocals, and it was great doing it.

i could give a crap less about winning. i just think you need wake up and listen to good music. if you love linkin park so much, how can let someone make a mockery of it??

i'm a terrible person? i make music for people who want to have better lives...to help people strive to be better people...not to shit on people's music lol. for instance, stop people from killing themselves. go listen to our music, and lyrics, you'll understand. and as for his subscribers....um...check our myspace, we have over 22,000 on ours, and Jambonie, who is backing us and promoting has way over 100,000 friends on theirs...plus i just deleted my myspace with over 3 million friends. so dont give me that. i know how online promoting works better than most. i also can detect e-mail phishers and when someone is using bots. if you want, i'll ip trace him to get his e-mails he is using...

and sorry about the double post, that was my bad..forgot to edit. won't happen again =X

You came into this contest a favorite of many, including mine. Before GigaScythe (Alex) even released his to the public, there were a few names everyone was waiting for to release their material. That was Alex, Astat, and Zwier.z. This was a DICK move, and if I could remove my vote that I placed for you (yes, I placed one for Alex aswell), I would. This was highly disrespectful and uncalled for.

I agree completely though. His mix sucks! Everyone that voted for him to make him in first place, they're all lying to themselves. </sarcasm>. Get over it man. He's in first. Just because you ASSUME you put more effort in yours, doesn't mean it's true. Maybe you did, who knows? When it comes down to it, your effort alone wasn't enough to make you in first... or second... or third...

I have been a hardcore Linkin Park fan for most of my life, and I may not be the best person to say this, but after all the fan versions of LP songs, or anything related to LP that involves a fan musically, I would say Alex pretty much hit the nail on the coffin as one of the best. Don't get me wrong, you have a great entry too, but it just goes to show me whos I like more... seeing for the past night, I've had Alex's on repeat for a few hours.

Everyone has their own reasons for making music. It doesn't make you a better person if you think your reason is better than theirs. You had so much respect from me and lost it ALL within a few posts. Congrats on being the LPL Douchebag of the year.

PS: If you want to get all technical, I am interested in seeing what IPs you can pull off. IP Trace him, pull all the info, and PM it to me. I'm calling you a bluff, my good sir.

EDIT: Some other names I remember now aswell are Jack and XefuzioNr.

Edited by Legend

and the vocals ARE ON TIME! his mix, the vocals aren't even on time, the mix sounds terrible, and didn't really do anything creative.

So I just listened to Alex's and I can't hear where his vocals are off. He has a better mix. Creativity? Who else decided to change up the vocals like that? Not you. And your not even gonna get picked in the final 5 anyways because your breaking the rules with your own vocals.

but they said they wanted it to be like LINKIN PARK and be catchy, and give your own creative edge to it...they did not say make it a hiphop or techno song. they want a real live mainstream song.

No. Mike said to make it sound like whatever you want. They don't want to hear themselves, they want to hear what the fans can create, not a shoddy attempt to sound like them. Over half of LP's songs consist of Hip Hop and Techno, so check yourself on that one. Also, they are not gonna release the remix on the radio, so they are not looking for a mainstream song.

i could give a crap less about winning. i just think you need wake up and listen to good music. if you love linkin park so much, how can let someone make a mockery of it??

Then why are you whining and complaining? You are the mockery, my good sir.

i'm a terrible person? i make music for people who want to have better lives...to help people strive to be better people...not to shit on people's music lol. for instance, stop people from killing themselves.

And just this quote right here makes me what to kill myself. Please, do us all a favor and leave these boards and don't come back until you have learned some manners, humility, and how to not sound like a whiny emo boy while singing. :)

Edited by LPFreak64

lol you guys are funny. re-read the post, i say we put all our passion and effort into it. we use chord structures that made sense...and the vocals ARE ON TIME! his mix, the vocals aren't even on time, the mix sounds terrible, and didn't really do anything creative. but it's whatever. i was making a point that it's funny with somewhere around 1,000 votes...these little kids are still coming back and winning with self-promotion by changing their e-mails and using bots. i agree with what someone said on the actual lp forums...they need to use the stormcloud way for contests where people can't cheat.

it's just lame. if you like that better, that's your opinion. but u have a few members of different bands, and producers in a studio right now watching me type this, that have listened to all these different remixes...laughing, at how idiotic the world can be, and how blind they can be to good music. i like ALL kinds of music. but they said they wanted it to be like LINKIN PARK and be catchy, and give your own creative edge to it...they did not say make it a hiphop or techno song. they want a real live mainstream song. thats what we did, and i put a lot of effort into those vocals, and it was great doing it.

i'm a terrible person? i make music for people who want to have better lives...to help people strive to be better people...not to shit on people's music lol. for instance, stop people from killing themselves. go listen to our music, and lyrics, you'll understand. and as for his subscribers....um...check our myspace, we have over 22,000 on ours, and Jambonie, who is backing us and promoting has way over 100,000 friends on theirs...plus i just deleted my myspace with over 3 million friends. so dont give me that. i know how online promoting works better than most. i also can detect e-mail phishers and when someone is using bots. if you want, i'll ip trace him to get his e-mails he is using...

and sorry about the double post, that was my bad..forgot to edit. won't happen again =X

Posted Image

Really though... when it comes down to it it doesn't matter who's in 1st place. All that matters is (How ever many submissions LP picks to go through. Example: top 10 maybe?) what LP feels is the best track.

i registered at that site and still cant listen to the mixes any link to a song redirects me to the home page. I want to hear them damnit

I got the same problem. I think it's because my country isn't avaiable for this contest... but I CAN listen them using proxy IP from other countries like UK/USA... try it too

How was that speaking highly of ourselves...we were a huge band that broke up and is getting back together under a different name. LoL we have so many people backing us legitimately instead of fake voting for ourselves. We have huge myspaces and promotion companies telling our fans and their's to vote for us...but this little english kid and these tehcno remixing weirdos keep pulling ahead of us? If that's not rigged...I don't know what is. It would be nice to have a fair contest where anything goes. Sorry we thought the most outside the box and didn't put breakdowns throughout the whole song, or make it dubstep or techno, and actually made a melody with VOCALS ON TIME! OMG YOU CAN PUT VOCALS ON TIME!?!?!? That's unheard of...in this contest at least.

Your vocals weren't in time, you just believe they are because that's how you interpreted it. Everyone else has interpreted it their way as well. Truth is, nobody knows where the vocals start because the final song hasn't been released. Nobody's heard the vocal lined up to a click track the way the band intended, so stop being a cock. I found your mix to be musically dismal, and your attitude sucks. You don't deserve to win.

Get a haircut and join the 21st Century.

DangerSilent, it isn't a good look being an ass, even if your mix is definitely good. And if what your saying is true some might consider it a bit unfair that you have promotion companies backing you etc. If I could have voted, you may have lost mine. The mainstream has enough arrogance as it is.

I find Alex's mix creative and I really enjoy the first minute. But I hate it beyond that. The timing isn't off, but the vocals don't fit in at all and there are too many abrupt changes on the track. In my opinion there are just too many things going on that don't work together.

Edited by Wayne2kx

I admit, I do agree with Dangersilent as far as that yes, some of Alex's mix clashes. I personally don't think he will win, and being a musician I'm like "How do people not hear the flaws in this mix?????". With that said, I wouldn't have posted something like that. In all honesty, I don't think any of the most popular ones sit well from a professional standpoint, which makes me wonder how many remixes will the band listen to. I'm fighting just to be listened to now, and I've actually done professional work, so it's a tad frustrating. No matter, I like that LP pick the winner, because I guarantee you that they won't pick anything that their fansites are fawning over. There will be plenty of disappointment, but Mike did say that they were looking for something "different". "The weirder, the better" "We already have a guitarist" and he said something like "Joe and I can make weird sounds"... and the one Mike said he really liked was damn creative and borderline weird, but where is it??? I'm not here to diss or put anything down per se, but when I was 18 and had a chance to mingle with other teenage musicians, we were considered awesome and few people considered us over-rated. We grew up and realized we were pretty over-rated...not saying that we (or Alex) were/aren't talented, because the talent is obviously there, but it isn't THERE where you would put it in Linkin Park's face and they wouldn't hear which key is off and where the timing falls.

Real talk

Wow. Okay, so there's a lot of controversy here apparently.

First of all, I'd like to state that I'm not cheating. What reason do I have to cheat? Being in first place doesn't even matter, considering that Linkin Park is choosing the winner. I've been promoting my mix on sites where I have presence... my MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and so on. Is that not what I'm supposed to do? I must have missed the section in the rules prohibiting me from promoting myself.

Secondly, if you don't like my mix, that's cool! Seriously, that doesn't bother me. I know people have different opinions on things like this, and that's great. There'd be something wrong if everyone liked it! I just did the style I think I do best... not everyone is a fan of that, which is okay. I'm no stranger to harsh criticism.

I know I don't have a great chance of winning - there are some astounding remixes up there - but I'm glad to have tried. To be given the opportunity to do something like this is quite amazing and I'm happy to have taken part.

DangerSilent... having voted for you myself it's quite disheartening for you to accuse me of cheating and generally slandering my mix. But that's your opinion, of course. I liked yours. The vocal melody in particular is way catchy.

...but this little english kid...

Scottish.

Thanks to everyone who's supporting me and best of luck in the contest to all involved.

finally heard alex's remix, on youtube..., and i really didn't find it nearly as good as the hype. The first minute really didn't do it for me. But that's me. Good luck to everyone

edit* and i did also like danger's mix more but damn he has one bad attitude while alex is modest and that goes a long way.

Edited by GraDoN

First of all, I'd like to state that I'm not cheating. What reason do I have to cheat? Being in first place doesn't even matter, considering that Linkin Park is choosing the winner. I've been promoting my mix on sites where I have presence... my MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and so on. Is that not what I'm supposed to do? I must have missed the section in the rules prohibiting me from promoting myself.

Secondly, if you don't like my mix, that's cool! Seriously, that doesn't bother me. I know people have different opinions on things like this, and that's great. There'd be something wrong if everyone liked it! I just did the style I think I do best... not everyone is a fan of that, which is okay. I'm no stranger to harsh criticism.

I know I don't have a great chance of winning - there are some astounding remixes up there - but I'm glad to have tried. To be given the opportunity to do something like this is quite amazing and I'm happy to have taken part.

Thanks to everyone who's supporting me and best of luck in the contest to all involved.

I like your attitude! And I hope this gains you plenty of fans. I don't know if you are an aspiring artist, but if you are, I'd like to think this contest will help you alot!

Edited by Rocky

In all honesty, I don't think any of the most popular ones sit well from a professional standpoint, which makes me wonder how many remixes will the band listen to. I'm fighting just to be listened to now, and I've actually done professional work, so it's a tad frustrating. No matter, I like that LP pick the winner, because I guarantee you that they won't pick anything that their fansites are fawning over.

The only thing I could see dethroning Alex of the #1 spot is Astat. I haven't seen much of him on the threads in the past couple of days. Hopefully he is working on a remix and it'll be epic as always.

Note to Astat: Make sure to include plenty of elephant samples. "The weirder, the better"!!!!

DangerSilent... having voted for you myself it's quite disheartening for you to accuse me of cheating and generally slandering my mix. But that's your opinion, of course. I liked yours. The vocal melody in particular is way catchy.

This is the way to talk to your fans and critics. Take note all other remixers (not naming any names). *cough*dangersilent*cough*

Edited by LPFreak64

oh and f*ck the rules of the contest. WE DONT CARE!

i could give a crap less about winning.

WTF! If you donot care about the contest, why the FUCK are you whining. If Alex is cheating, let him do. Why the fuck do you cry about it if you dont give a damn about this contest.

And better still...what is your signature? (that would be a better question)

rofl...looks like some retard scribbled a sharpie in blood.

Haha! That just shows what kind of a fucking asshole you are. I didn't even say anything insulting in that post, and still it got you so infuriated that you took the pain of commenting about my sig. Only one word describes you - LOSER.

And yeah, the art on your myspace profile is so PATHETIC, that it makes me wanting to piss on the person who made it. RETARD.

I hope that you won't win, because it seems like you're a horrible person.

Same for me. I might have voted for him but now I won't knowing what a shitty & arrogant person he is.

And about the rest of your post: please stop with all your "I'm the best, I did that and it sounds great, he did that and it sounds lame, we have 30000000000000000 millions of fans, listen to our music....and blablabla....and blablabla...". It sounds arrogant, nothing else.

THIS.

Congrats on being the LPL Douchebag of the year.

Well! It should read: LPL Douchebag of the DECADE.

And just this quote right here makes me what to kill myself. Please, do us all a favor and leave these boards and don't come back until you have learned some manners, humility, and how to not sound like a whiny emo boy while singing. :)

Hmmm... this is a request too big for him. Humilty & DangerSilent are archenemies.

That just shows what a good person he is. You have my Respect.

And yeah! If you have the back of MILLIONS of your followers (LOL), then why in this fucking world did you leave a comment on my profile to vote for you?? I guess MILLIONS of votes must be more than enough for you to win the contest. STILL??

Edited by Anjum_Agony.In.Disguise

Your vocals weren't in time, you just believe they are because that's how you interpreted it. Everyone else has interpreted it their way as well. Truth is, nobody knows where the vocals start because the final song hasn't been released. Nobody's heard the vocal lined up to a click track the way the band intended, so stop being a cock. I found your mix to be musically dismal, and your attitude sucks. You don't deserve to win.

Get a haircut and join the 21st Century.

Dude, he meant in timed in rhythm. Some parts are off. We all have no clue of how the song will sound but I'm pretty sure that LPs rhythm timing is better :lol:

My vote, my support is definitely for Alex...reasons? simple is the best remix everyone has to listen and have been comfortable for the moment but that does not mean that the contest ends, he is competing just as many here, your remix "DangerSilent" is cool, but must learn to accept when someone does a job that is accepted by many people, and this is one of those cases, the remix of Alex is accepted by many fans of LP, but that does not mean give it to him for the contest winner. I think there have to be rational when it comes to criticism, since this is the work of the spectators, competitors, etc. This is not a war to see who is the favorite or who is better, or who has better presence is a contest where everyone does what they want, having favorites is the product of hard work done by the competitors. If you want it "insulting" do it but that is not going to do to win, the only thing you are accomplishing is altered to all fans who believe in him and support his hard work, be more rational when you open your mouth is easy to criticize others, but difficult is to accept the reality.

By the way...is just my sweet opinion :lol: about what happened and reiterating my support for Alex "insult me" if you want, but that will not make you win the contest, the best remix win maybe is Alex, maybe not, we don't know. Linkin Park will decide I suppose, LP will choose the champion, the best remix, maybe, maybe is you, maybe not, maybe Alex, maybe not, maybe someone who will go unnoticed all we know is that all original ideas are proposing that does not make a "cheater" say stupid things like that is one way of expressing envy and jealousy and you can have millions of followers, but you can't take the decision of Linkin Park. :D

PS: Linkin Park is no longer Nu-Metal, Metal, etc. ;)

Edited by andros