The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that both AndOne's and Dmitry's requests that the personal attacks stop did absolutely no good. Lovely. So, to the two people involved, please be sure to check your inboxes and get back to me.

I can see that both AndOne's and Dmitry's requests that the personal attacks stop did absolutely no good. Lovely. So, to the two people involved, please be sure to check your inboxes and get back to me.

Jen please can you stop this? I think DangerSilent only continues to cause so that more discussion between the members, and I really think something like this never happened until he enter in the forum and altered most of the members...please stop this

Well Pawel,

DangerSilent obviously hasn't read the rules anyways since he did a cover/ tribute (not following rules) instead of a remix for a Remix Contest. Still a decent song, not the right criteria.

/2cents

Oh man! No way...our remix doesn't fit with the rules? Damn...I was going to start being nice, but HOW MANY MORE TIMES IS SOMEONE GOING TO SAY THAT!? WE DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING! JUST WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING FOR ALL OF YOU TO ENJOY!

jesus sorry.

damn

My remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBznuixjAE

Please check it out, i've worked alot on this to make it sound right and awesome!

The background music is really good but doesn't fit the vocals as much as other remixs do imo. Still a good work.

I know it's not up to me to post it but there is the remix of Xefuzion.

Go check it out :P

Where?? It's not on YT, only the preview :huh: Edited by Qwerty18

Hey guys, just trying to do a bit of promotion, you've probably come across my remix at some point in the thread but just in case you haven't:

Indaba Link

Youtube Link

The description is in the youtube vid, my aim here was just to add some raw hard rock back into an LP song, whilst still keeping the electronic elements. A kind of remake of the old LP sound with some originality with the guitar work. Would really appreciate comments you may have!

Cheers,

Dave

To get back to the actual contest, I really enjoyed this remix a lot. I think I may vote for it.

Oh yes, I didn't notice this remix (because of a certain dude complaining), but it's very good. :) Maybe a little repetitive, but the reanimation style is great an makes me nostalgic

i actually enjoyed your mix a lot

Thx guys,

conclusion : everybody need to stop beefs, otherwise you can miss good remixes ))

p.s just to remind

)

Just stopped by to read the flamewar and to thank the people supporting my mix :D

I'm not going to post the link to it but its been posted before and its in my signature.

One of the best in the contest! Good luck my friend!

One of the best in the contest! Good luck my friend!

TY very much :)

My remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBznuixjAE

Please check it out, i've worked alot on this to make it sound right and awesome!

It sounds like its going offbeat to me once it reaches the chorus, but it could be me going insane after hearing this song way too much.

Either way good job on the song overal.

Just stopped by to read the flamewar and to thank the people supporting my mix :D

I'm not going to post the link to it but its been posted before and its in my signature.

I'll be sure to check it out, now that I have some free time.

I think part of the problem is that each person has created their own stuff/remix for the song. They put in their energy, creativity, etc. Then someone comes along who doesn't like it, and tears down what they've spent a lot of time on.

A lot of what's said is potentially because one person sees the superiority of the other person's work, so they try to tear it down...at least that's what I've gathered in reading the last few pages, without taking a listen to anyone's work.

It's unfortunate, but not surprising, with folks' posting their remixes. My one concern, especially with those posting the mp3's, is that one person could jack someone else's work and claim it as their own. Call me pessimistic, but in my line of work, plagiarism is a big issue. I'm by no means saying that anyone has done it here, as I haven't had any time to listen to anyone's submission.

I don't have a dog in this fight. My only advice is that everyone a) grow up, and b ) take some criticism; don't take it personally...do what you want with it; improve whatever is criticized or ignore.

Edited by auburntiger

Hai guyz. I thought I would leave LPL with some lulz, because Legend loves LPL, Legend loves lulz, and LPL loves legend lulz. So, let's move on to the lullzy lulz of all that have been lulzed.

Exhibit A: "Hello, My Name Is Go 'Fruck' Yourself!"

Posted Image

LOL! Are you serious DangerSilent? You do it better? A word hasn't been invented on how idiotic your attitude is. Chester Bennington says hi... no wait, a little more on your level. Mike Shinoda? Not quite your level. Phoenix! Wait, he can still sing better than you. I got it. I found someone on your level!

Posted Image

Actually, I take it back. I still can't find someone on your level. Maybe you can call one of your bazillion connections and ask for William Hung.

Exhibit B: Lemm' Show You Some Of My Edumacation, Fool!

Posted Image

You know, sometimes it's people like you that make me want to kill myself and everyone around me, as violently as possible. So I'm guessing ALLLLLLL those people that voted for Alex can't hear music and don't have ears? Damn man. I voted for Alex. Last time I checked, I have two ears. Must be an illusion or something. I can swear, I'm looking in the mirror and I see two of them, unless my reflection is fucking with me. Just like you're fucking with us. My reflection is playing a joke on me. So I'm guessing DangerSilent is really just a troll sent to us by bazinga!. Now it all makes sense. P.S: I would love to see what would happen if Alex gets picked by all of Linkin Park. I would definitely like to see you back up your statement by saying that they can't hear music. You would make Legend laugh lots. Legend like laugh lots.

Exhibit C: My Name Is Danger Silent, And I Own YouTube, BITCH!

Posted Image

You pretty much called out all of YouTube on this. Man, that's as stupid as calling out /b/, because a large portion of /b/ is YouTube. Stupid! Stupid! How da fux can you be so arrogant? Did you type the rules out yourself? Why do you need exposure? Aren't you a BIG ASS BAND that just got back together? You have all these connections all over the land, hell, you're bigger than Linkin Park! Linkin Park needs exposure from you!

Exhibit D: CREATE-ACTIVITY

Posted Image

How is singing someones lyrics creative? You just pretty much took Mr. Shinodez spot and sang it with your voice. Yea, you didn't sign it exactly as Mike did, but I don't call that you being creative. Want to be creative? How about taking just the intstrumental, and writing your own lyrics, and THEN sing it. I'm sure you have the talent to do that, seeing you wrote 5 albums, toured all over, and were part of a big ass band, yo!

Exhibit E: CONNFFUUUUSSSIIING WHAT IS REEEAAAALLLL!

Posted Image

Man up pussy! Eye liner is for bitches! If you want to be hardcore, put on the reddest lipstick that you can find in your grandmothers makeup shoebox. You have quite an extensive list of accomplishments. I thought I would list mine aswell. At the age of 5, I ate my first Twinkie. Age 7, I had my first Twinkie sandwich, involving two twinkies, covering a layer of penut butter. Age 13, I made a Twinkie pyramid with my friends Fredrick. It took us 2,147 Twinkies in total, and took all my classmates (all 32 of them) to eat them in a whole day. We all were sick and puked Twinkie chilli. Age 18, I designed my own Twinkie product box and hung it up on my wall. Age 22, legally changed my last name to Seth Twinkie. Age 40, I now own Twinkie. I'm sorry my Twinkies are better than yours. I own it. P.S: Maybe all your haters keep stereotyping you and your girl, but one thing is for damn sure. You guys are too busy putting on each others makeup to realize you have completely contradicted yourself. Earlier you mentioned you WANTED to collaborate with LP, and now all of a sudden, you just like them and don't intend on collaborating? Damn man. Damn. I thought I was a little ruh-tard!

Exhibit F: Sucky Sucky For Me? No! Sucky Sucky for you!

Posted Image

This is by far the greatest thing I have ever read coming out from your ass... I mean mouth. You're BRIBING people to vote for you? What happened to your fanbase? All those people you know? Where did they all go? Man do you know how many people ALEX would bring in if he gave everyone In Coma if they voted for him? This is absurd, appalling, and damn right effing hilarious! You my friend, need to shut the fuck up (kindly)! You talk about everyone blowing Alex, yet you're blowing strangers to take their votes away from him and vote for you! I didn't know you go that way man. Your mother should be proud that you have sold yourself for some online votes. No matter how many strangers you blow, I honestly don't think you will jump from 11th place to first. People aren't that desperate for some sucking.

But now, if it was Zwier.z offering the sucking, I'm down. That's one sexy mother fucker.

DISCLAIMER: I am aware that I will most likely be banned for this post, but I don't care. Let this go down in LPL history, as the greatest ban farewell of all time.... of all time.

I hope better sense prevails. You know what!! I hope you are promoted to the rank of STAFF for this. You have my RESPECT brother. :D

EDIT: These comments were on which site??

Edited by Anjum_Agony.In.Disguise