The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike suck now

Let the shit flows the distance in your mouth...

After the messages like this one I remember right away all the shit said to LP after MMM...Cookies release. And it makes me think why LP still bored to do any exclusive stuff to their fans at all after all this negative reactions...

linkinpark17 & company - you're guys or dumb as chunk of concrete, and don't understand that this is only a few instrumental parts of the song that even don't represents ALL of the instruments and type of vocals on the song, or you just ... dumb, you know...

I hate Linkin Park stuff haters =)

After the messages like this one I remember right away all the shit said to LP after MMM...Cookies release. And it makes me think why LP still bored to do any exclusive stuff to their fans at all after all this negative reactions...

linkinpark17 & company - you're guys or dumb as chunk of concrete, and don't understand that this is only a few instrumental parts of the song that even don't represents ALL of the instruments and type of vocals on the song, or you just ... dumb, you know...

Word.

I love the snippets. Drums sound epic. Vocals sound great. Chester sounds amazing as always. Yes, Mike's vocals are stacked with effects but that won't take away from the rest of the song. I'm sure of that. Who knows, maybe the effects are only placed in his voice for that part of the song. But the standout IMO is the piano. Great as always in a LP song. Its up for debate, but the piano is the backbone of LP's sound.

I agree that haters are gonna hate and 'mike suck now' is uncalled for, but are you saying that LP fans that took enough time to register on a fan site, can only have a positive opinion on the band? Linkin Park isn't perfect. They are human just like you and me. When their new album comes out and sounds like Kesha, you'll be eating your own words...trust me.

http://soundcloud.com/switchface/linkin-pa...witchface-remix

Here's my take on the track. I decided to leave the vocals and replace all the instruments with something new. Hope you guys enjoy it. Feedback / opinions highly appreciated.

That's really good. Somehow the underlying melody mixed very well with Mike and Chester, I like the touch at around 0:41 where the piano fades into Mike. Really smooth.

Overall, I like what I've been hearing, just trying to imagine in my head how the final version will sound... epic?

I agree that haters are gonna hate and 'mike suck now' is uncalled for, but are you saying that LP fans that took enough time to register on a fan site, can only have a positive opinion on the band? Linkin Park isn't perfect. They are human just like you and me. When their new album comes out and sounds like Kesha, you'll be eating your own words...trust me.

No man, I'm not saying that Linkin Park is perfect. Like you said, they're human just like us. BUT! I'm saying that if you call yourself an LP fan (and if you're here, then you ARE) you must show your respect to all of its members and their work whether you like it or not. If you don't like the stuff, you may show your negative opinion, but show it correctly and tell why you don't like it (as regards the LP or everything else), it's called good manners. But not to say that this is shit or somebody of LP members suck.

That's my position.

No man, I'm not saying that Linkin Park is perfect. Like you said, they're human just like us. BUT! I'm saying that if you call yourself an LP fan (and if you're here, then you ARE) you must show your respect to all of its members and their work whether you like it or not. If you don't like the stuff, you may show your negative opinion, but show it correctly and tell why you don't like it (as regards the LP or everything else), it's called good manners. But not to say that this is shit or somebody of LP members suck.

That's my position.

Thanks for saying this. That's exactly what I think to myself when I come to the forums and read everyone's negative comments about Dead by Sunrise, Blackbirds, Not Alone, etc. What kind of fan blatantly attacks any element Linkin Park without having a good reason to do so (it's not constructive criticism if you say they "suck" or "ruin the song")?

Just because you don't like Mike's vocals doesn't mean your opinion is the right one. A lot of people seem to like it, and others want to give the whole song a chance when August 2nd comes around. So we'll just have to wait and see. Then criticize all you like.

I don't understand why people assumed that by Mike 'rapping' more on the album it would sound like Fort Minor/Old LP esq sounding. I could tell it wasn't going to be like that...to be honest. LP is straying farther and farther away from their old sound with each release. Yes, it is a little more poppier than anything released in the past, but oddly, I like it. I've been listening to a LOT of different music lately and I can tell already that the new LP is going to be unique as fuck.

Edited by Geki

This vocal snippet of Mike/Chester blows the entire Minutes to Midnight project away. I think Linkin is back in my book.

LOL

Chester's vocals on LTGYA rivals this. I love them both, incredible.

While I will admit ATL is the first thing I thought of when I thought of my favorite vocals from MTM era but I'm really digging the way this thing sounds. Hopefully the music matches the vocals in terms of good material. In terms of Minutes to Midnight, the actual album, this easily blows every vocal thing they did on that album to smitherines. Chester sounds feminine in the studio version of TLTGYA.