The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's an accurate snippet. In fact, I don't think all those are meant to be played at the same time.

It sounds to me as if those are just stems from different segments of the song, or atleast at different lengths so if all played at one time it misrepresents the proper layering of the track.

I don't think this is what we'll hear August 2nd.

I agree, that's what I'm thinking

I don't think that's an accurate snippet. In fact, I don't think all those are meant to be played at the same time.

It sounds to me as if those are just stems from different segments of the song, or atleast at different lengths so if all played at one time it misrepresents the proper layering of the track.

I don't think this is what we'll hear August 2nd.

This

I'm gonna repost what I wrote on LPA.

I personally LOVE these little snippets, Mike and Chester sound top notch. What are people getting so upset about over Mike's part? First off, I wouldn't call that singing, more like chanting. Second, what is so wrong with the voice altercation thing? Barely changes anything. And this is like the Blackbirds snippet all over again...you can't make such bold conclusions based on damn stems. It will sound MUCH different in the finalized version, I guarantee you. Quote me. Be satisfied with what the band is doing for the fans for once. /rant

i just hope that the final song will have much guitar in it, hopefully they just left the guitar part out for the contest, i mean they left out the bass too, so i'm optimistic^^

or maybe these snippets are part of the song where no guitar/bass plays, is also a possibility =)

Maybe that was left out so people can add there own instruments and guitar tracks and them not wanting to give too much away.

To those who are complaining about mike's "singing", Mike is in no way singing in this track, it is edited and distroted rapping, it sounds like a chant. People that are complaining it sounds over produced, i thought that at first but am now liking it. But the important thing to remember, this is a copy of the excat vocal track meant to be over an instrumental backing track, it most likely takes on a completely different tone when done so.

Just got home. Heard it and it sounds fricken epic. And for the people saying Mike sounds over produced. Thats because the vocals stand out without anything behind it. Have you guys heard Chester on New Divide. Now thats produced to the shit hole. but when its got music behind it, it matches perfectally. So dont be making assumptions on what your hearing till you hear the full song. Then start your bitching.

Better yet has anyone started the "I h8 da N3w ELLLL-PEEEEEEE, What Happend to ze Hybrid Theoryiez daiez?" God thats one thing i dont miss.

As for my thoughts. Only one world can some it up.

THESECLIPSAREPUREEPICNESSTOTHEPOINTWHEREEPICISNTENOUGHTTODESCRIBEIT. :)

And just incase no-one has worked the lyrics out yet. Its pretty easy to pick up.

God Bless Us Everyone

We were broken people living under loaded gun

And it can't be outfought

it can't be outdone

it can't be outmatched

it can't be outrun,

No

God Bless Us Everyone

And it can't be outfought

it can't be outdone

it can't be outmatched

it can't be outrun,

Whoa

Chester

And When I close my eyes tonight

Two symphonies of blinding light

Mike

God Bless Us Everyone

Ohh

Chester

like memories in cold decay

transmissions echoing away

far from the world of you and I

where oceans bleed into the sky

Now i can officially sleep with wonderful dreams with a new LP soundtrack ;)

I don't understand why people don't like the vocals. The lyrics are epic, the way they are sung is epic, the effect makes it sound epic.

And for the record the effect on Mike isn't auto tune.

Edited by AudioNick