Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

RaR feels weird, kind of. But it was also one of LP's first really big festival crowd shows + on foreign soil. So it has some place in their history. I remember vividly how great it was, to see them "live" for the very first time via stream that day. Always loved the show because even though the weather is poor and it is daylight (rather cloudy though) they absolutely rocked the place. It also adds variety when you already have two indoor shows, one smaller and one pretty big.

Anyway, I'm so hyped :)! Very cool to see all your enthusiasm aswell!

I think Rock am Ring is good because it's like "the" iconic international venue for LP, all the RaR shows are totally epic and its regarded as a fucking amazing place to see LP. I think the quality we are going to get, based on the trailer, is going to be an upgrade. Maybe even some different angles. Looks very, very nice.

Agreed about indoor club, outdoor festival, indoor arena variety. Can't have too much of the same. Imagine if they had included London Docklands 2001 and left off Fillmore San Francisco or something. I'm glad we get a club show.

28 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

I just didn't understand, because in the LP's promotional video, they say "3 Full Concert"
and on the Rolling Stone Di website which is "san diego and Las Vegas"

does anyone know what information is correct?

could it be 2 Projekt revolution shows?

It's a compilation of two Projekt Revolution 2002 shows to form a concert.

4 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Anyone else wished for a HT EP CD version? Not very fan of vinyls out of place, really. 

I know it was already released as  LPU 1.0 but... 

Yeah id love to get HT EP cd as personally idc about vinyls since i cant play em. I was pretty bumped to release its not there. 

4 hours ago, xeroboi said:

We're getting stick and move with Chester 

Stick N Move is was my fav LP track outside their albums, getting a Chester version might actually put it on my top 5 lp songs, even top 3.

Why didn’t they put Demo_Pic_Board.mp3 with the “Forgotten Demos”? I felt like they should’ve put that there for 13 tracks in total, with 2 different versions in of Pictureboard. I’m guessing since they didn’t do it, they will probably leak the song out to us when the whole album is released.

Edited by NJPLP

6 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Why didn’t they put Demo_Pic_Board.mp3 with the “Forgotten Demos”? I felt like they should’ve put that there for 13 tracks in total, with 2 different versions in of Pictureboard. I’m guessing since they didn’t do it, they will probably leak the song out to us when the whole album is released.

It was leaked, pretty sure it’s the version with Mark

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

53 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

It was leaked, pretty sure it’s the version with Mark

That file on the site doesn't really exist. It was put in the site for the sole purpose of informing us Be Yourself is actually Pictureboard.

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

I think Rock am Ring is good because it's like "the" iconic international venue for LP, all the RaR shows are totally epic and its regarded as a fucking amazing place to see LP. I think the quality we are going to get, based on the trailer, is going to be an upgrade. Maybe even some different angles. Looks very, very nice.

Agreed about indoor club, outdoor festival, indoor arena variety. Can't have too much of the same. Imagine if they had included London Docklands 2001 and left off Fillmore San Francisco or something. I'm glad we get a club show.

It's a compilation of two Projekt Revolution 2002 shows to form a concert.

similar to live in texas?

If they are going to do more pre-release singles, I think Pictureboard should become a pre-release single. But that’s just me. I have my own opinion. It’s Linkin Park’s own decision if they are going to release more pre-release singles or not for Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition).

Edited by NJPLP

If Linkin Park are going to do more pre-release singles/songs, I wonder what the next one could be? But as I stated before, it’s Linkin Park’s own decision for if they will release more pre-release singles/songs or not for Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition). I’m guessing only time will tell.

Edited by NJPLP

Theoretically I could see them releasing the Crawling demo, but that would be 2 songs from the Forgotten Demos disc.

More likely, if they did another pre-release song, it would be something like the Rock Mix of OSC or ITE from the LPU CD.

5 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

has anyone managed to find out what the Projekt Revolution 2002 show was?

as they said, it will be "3 Full Shows" never released.

some previous comments suggested Colorado Springs, but this is not the case, because in Colorado Springs Chester is wearing a white shirt, rob is without a cap, and Mr. Hahn's shirt is also different.

i believe it can be in las vegas this show:
https://lplive.net/shows/2002/20020224

I think this show is very likely.

I hope so, this seems like a wild concert they had !

just an FYI

i chatted with Amazon ( U.S) and asked about the super deluxe box set and they said it comes with everything pictured and the download of all audio. I did ask how the download is delivered but they did not have the answer to it. Not to mention on Amazon you get free shipping ( i have Prime) and on the linkin park web site its $9.99 to ship. 

hope this helps with some people who were wondering like myself

20 minutes ago, T0MMYGUNN said:

just an FYI

i chatted with Amazon ( U.S) and asked about the super deluxe box set and they said it comes with everything pictured and the download of all audio. I did ask how the download is delivered but they did not have the answer to it. Not to mention on Amazon you get free shipping ( i have Prime) and on the linkin park web site its $9.99 to ship. 

Good to know, I was wondering if it will come with the download audio and I guess it does, since on the LP website it says it comes with a card to download (doesnt specify from where). I bought it from Amazon too, I wish Prime will get me international shipping free so to me its 35 bucks more expensive than LP website, but it arrives faster and secure. LP site sends their packages through USPS and here in Mexico there is a great risk for the package to get lost on customs or to get extra Import fees, so not risking a $200 package just to save $35 bucks hehehe.

1 hour ago, T0MMYGUNN said:

just an FYI

I'm guessing there's a download code card in the package like most vinyl releases, at least I hope so cause I pre-ordered through amazon as well for the free shipping

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

If Linkin Park are going to do more pre-release singles/songs, I wonder what the next one could be? But as I stated before, it’s Linkin Park’s own decision for if they will release more pre-release singles/songs or not for Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition). I’m guessing only time will tell.

I doubt they'll do another pre-release audio track. I bet they post a song or two from the live DVDs on YouTube though.

So all the tracks from HT EP were registered in 2020. Some of the tracks also has slightly different length. The versions of POM and AO that were released on LPU albums in 2011 both has different isrc codes. So there must be one of the reason why the HT EP tracks were registered again:

- the tracks will be having a slightly different mastering (it was necessary to edit them to match the loudness of them with the other tracks on the album)
- it is possible that they will be having only some cosmetic changes
- maybe they were having only CD quality version of them, so doing the mastering on them was necessary, since the whole album will be available at HI-RES 24-bit quality.

Edited by martinez