Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

Hello everybody, I wrote that RockCellarMagazine.com article. 

When I put the news up last Friday morning, the preorder links were down/glitchy for a while. The info in our article comes directly from our Online Store, which is run by a company called Broadtime and music distributors.

It's the track listing information available here, on our Store's listing for the box set:

https://rockcellarstore.com/UPC/093624893240

(Again, I don't know where that info comes from as that's a third-party store site that populates our Shop with titles), but it's interesting! Hopefully it does end up being the full track listings. I was at the Fillmore show, so that'd be a treat to have in full.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jb412 said:

Hello everybody, I wrote that RockCellarMagazine.com article. 

When I put the news up last Friday morning, the preorder links were down/glitchy for a while. The info in our article comes directly from our Online Store, which is run by a company called Broadtime and music distributors.

It's the track listing information available here, on our Store's listing for the box set:

https://rockcellarstore.com/UPC/093624893240

(Again, I don't know where that info comes from as that's a third-party store site that populates our Shop with titles), but it's interesting! Hopefully it does end up being the full track listings. I was at the Fillmore show, so that'd be a treat to have in full.

Hey man! Thanks for the reply! That’s great, it seems legit then. Really had no idea where you got that info but every single other thing on that page checks out so this actually does seem totally good. It has very specific info on everything. 

That means you basically got the exclusive on the tracklists for the DVDs haha - very nice!

16 hours ago, hahninator said:

martinez you're sure the DVD tracklisting you got is legit? That's a complete show, all 16 tracks.

All the info and HQ covers I posted yesterday in Artwork Collection are from the store plan9music.com, I know this store from a long time, mainly because of the digital releases. I'm pretty sure it's legit because the store like this usually receiving HQ covers/info directly from the label.

20th Anniversary Edition [Super Deluxe Edition]
Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition [4LP]
Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition [2CD]

Also, if you will look carefully on rockcellarstore.com and on plan9music.com, both are pretty much exactly the same looking stores.

Edited by martinez

Yeah, I noticed that long time ago there is some king of error which both of those stores has. I saw the similar error with one version of Reanimation.

EDIT: https://plan9music.com/UPC/093624320760

This is probably pretty small chance for it but, does anyone pre-ordered the digital version of the album from warner's store?

I want to confirm one info about it.

Edited by martinez

4 minutes ago, GraDoN said:

Isn't this a bit of a cash grab? I mean does it add enough value to warrant the price?

Excuse me? But for all this Content I think 200 $ is super cheap.

look at the Recharged/Living Things boxset that had 2 CD and a sculpture thingy and was 500. So which do you think warrants it's Price?

25 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

Excuse me? But for all this Content I think 200 $ is super cheap.

look at the Recharged/Living Things boxset that had 2 CD and a sculpture thingy and was 500. So which do you think warrants it's Price?

I mean both can be overpriced?

Value is obviously subjective, I'm sure there were people who thought that the TL box set was decent value, personally I was hoping for some more legit new stuff no one has seen/heard of. That is obviously asking a lot after 20 years since most of the content leaked some way or another by now. It's just that $200 is a lot for polished rehashed content IMO. Not judging you for thinking it's reasonable.

6 minutes ago, GraDoN said:

Value is obviously subjective, I'm sure there were people who thought that the TL box set was decent value, personally I was hoping for some more legit new stuff no one has seen/heard of. That is obviously asking a lot after 20 years since most of the content leaked some way or another by now. It's just that $200 is a lot for polished rehashed content IMO. Not judging you for thinking it's reasonable.

Frankly I was one of those People who heard "She Couldn't" and was like "I hope we get a decent version of this some day" Not speaking of a rerecording I just know that the Version that leaked was of bad Quality due to (IIRC) a faulty disc.

I wouldn't consider myself someone to just grab things blindly either (as for example I thought the LT/Recharged Thing was both pricey af and kinda useless. However this stuff has so much that I (and many others) have longed for and again, 200$ almost seems like Little from the stuff we are getting.

For example I was never in the LPU and while the stuff being on YouTube and all that, having the chance to own it on CD is like a dream come true for me (sure the past LPU CDs are out there but super pricey)

2 hours ago, GraDoN said:

Isn't this a bit of a cash grab? I mean does it add enough value to warrant the price?

I would pay 200$ for Pictureboard itself.

I think they should have more variations for purchase, vinyl boxset and cd with only b-side rarities? Everyone wants Forgotten demos, so I think WB want to force fans a little to buy box set for 200$

3 hours ago, mrfox said:

I would pay 200$ for Pictureboard itself.

I think they should have more variations for purchase, vinyl boxset and cd with only b-side rarities? Everyone wants Forgotten demos, so I think WB want to force fans a little to buy box set for 200$

It’s not THAT pricey IMO, but even tho I want the Forgotten demos I won’t purchase the big box because there’s too much stuff that I already have and much stuff I’m not interested in like DVDs. A BID set with the forgotten demos and rarities and the big book for like 60€ would have been great (similar price to Amends box set) 

6 hours ago, GraDoN said:

Here's why it isn't a cash grab.

Yes, it has enough value to warrant the price. You are getting studio Xero demos with Mark (completely unheard/unreleased, we didn't even know some of these existed), a completely unknown Xero song, a completely unknown Hybrid Theory (band) song, Pictureboard which has been wanted for 15+ years desperately, an impressively good quality She Couldn't which was just mastered this year in 2020 standards for release, and more. Astat showed how many CDs on IG Live that you'd need to known to have all of the B-Side Rarities in one collection - it's a lot. The LPU Rarities, I mean the LPU CDs are selling for insane prices right now. The Hybrid Theory EP too, that thing is worth more than the value of this entire box set lol. 

Then DVD-wise, you're getting Frat Party which was out of print since 2002 but it looks like the music videos will be upscaled in better quality for the first time ever. You're getting Frat Party 2 which didn't even exist until this year, they literally just made it out of all of the unseen 2002 video footage the band has. Live show wise, you have Fillmore 2001 which is completely unreleased (potato quality of With You/OSC mostly full is on YouTube and that's it)... it's the band's first headlining tour ever which means it's oldschool and raw as hell. Should be quite epic. You have Rock am Ring 2001 on here in master quality, a big quality upgrade which is unreleased/unseen. Could even be different angles on it, who knows. Then Projekt Revolution 2002 which is also totally unseen - only 1 real video exists from 2002 in viewable quality online (OSC from Colorado Springs).

The value is easily $300-350+ on this and you're getting it for $200. How much is the band even making on this? Are they even turning much of a profit? Imagine printing cassettes in 2020, it can't be cheap. 80 page books. All those vinyls, etc. DVDs. So, if you were to manufacture all of that on your own, no, you're losing a lot of money, but there is probably a small profit margin somewhere that they are getting by mass producing everything in tens of thousands. So say the band earns $10-20 on every box set - that's nothing.

A cash grab would be 67 different editions of this thing for sale. This is an all inclusive box set release and is actually quite undervalued as we discussed on IG Live. We paid over $2,000 for She Couldn't in 2009. We'd pay that right this minute for Pictureboard ALONE if the opportunity came up and there wasn't a box set coming. So $200? Sign me up all day.

5 hours ago, GraDoN said:

The problem with this statement is there is a substantial amount of unreleased stuff here. Studio demos, unheard of songs, Pictureboard, live shows, 80 page book with stuff from Rob's parents' storage, etc. None of that is rehashed.

If you are referring to the demos, it isn't the band's fault fans like us leaked all of these demos lol. We should be glad they are putting Xero demos, Dialate and Could Have Been on here instead of taking those spots up with Plaster, Part of Me (Demo), Dust Brothers, etc. Some of the audio is "rehashed", sure, but you're getting it mastered and all inclusively on one release. The audio is just one part of the box.

Another way to look at the value is to just look how much you spend for each item without even giving special value to the content.

You have 3 vinyls, 5 CDs, 3 DVDs, 1 cassette tape, 1 book, 3 lithographs and 1 poster.

So 17 items, which means you pay $11.64 per item.

You might argue that $11.64 is a lot for a lithograph and maybe that's true, but then you also have to consider that a vinyl for $11.64 is a very good price from what I can tell after some quick googling.

So in total, just based on the amount of products you get inside of this package, I think the price is totally fair.

28 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Another way to look at the value is to just look how much you spend for each item without even giving special value to the content.

You have 3 vinyls, 5 CDs, 3 DVDs, 1 cassette tape, 1 book, 3 lithographs and 1 poster.

So 17 items, which means you pay $11.64 per item.

You might argue that $11.64 is a lot for a lithograph and maybe that's true, but then you also have to consider that a vinyl for $11.64 is a very good price from what I can tell after some quick googling.

So in total, just based on the amount of products you get inside of this package, I think the price is totally fair.

You are goddamn right.

I've been wrestling with cancelling my pre-order. But I think I'm gonna get it, enjoy it for a moment, and then sell the pieces I don't want (book, lithographs, Cassette). I'm sure someone out there would be down to buy it who didn't want the whole thing