Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Those were never demo lyrics though lol. That was just a mistake by the marketing team. They even corrected it. That shirt now says “crawling in my skin, confusing what is real”. 

The "consuming all I feel" lyrics are from the booklet.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Yeah I remember that they were on the booklet and the 15 year old me was scratching his head saying “it’s not what I hear in the song, but maybe it’s just my bad English” lol 

10 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Maybe those were demo lyrics at some point then that we just never heard? I assume the lyrics for the booklet are submitted by the band. Strange.

It's also possible that it was a mistake from the very beginning by whoever submitted the lyrics.

Edited by Justin

This finally showed up on Amazon.ca and it was only $200 plus tax, so I pre-ordered. I will probably never even listen to the vinyls, and that 6 track EP cover looks too creepy for me to ever frame and hang on my wall. I'm really excited the CDs and DVDs though! I wouldn't have paid $300 for this but I'll take it at $200. 

3 hours ago, iPodwithnomusic said:

This finally showed up on Amazon.ca and it was only $200 plus tax, so I pre-ordered. I will probably never even listen to the vinyls, and that 6 track EP cover looks too creepy for me to ever frame and hang on my wall. I'm really excited the CDs and DVDs though! I wouldn't have paid $300 for this but I'll take it at $200. 

Pretty sure you will make a good amount of money with that HTEP Vinyl on it's own. Maybe also with the Reanimation Vinyls - I heard they were out of stock on their own

2 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Pretty sure you will make a good amount of money with that HTEP Vinyl on it's own. Maybe also with the Reanimation Vinyls - I heard they were out of stock on their own

Reanimation is (among OML) pretty much the easierst LP Vinyl you can find.

That said people who buy a box set and then sell individual parts are idiots in the first place.

1 minute ago, rd1994 said:

That said people who buy a box set and then sell individual parts are idiots in the first place.

I'm not saying that I would do it, not ever inferring anybody should do it but just saying that HTEP will be a good money maker just like the CD is

Idk about Reanimation, on amazon it says new and used from $99.99 - couldn't care less, cause it's part of the Set

I'm even grateful for another HT Vinyl cause mine has a horrible Master (probably CD Master)

3 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

I'm not saying that I would do it, not ever inferring anybody should do it but just saying that HTEP will be a good money maker just like the CD is

Idk about Reanimation, on amazon it says new and used from $99.99 - couldn't care less, cause it's part of the Set

I'm even grateful for another HT Vinyl cause mine has a horrible Master (probably CD Master)

I don't think the HT is remaster though. I'm reptty sure all HT vinyl that is out there is the same master.

Also wow I had bought it for 20 bucks just a few days ago but maybe that was just remaining stock

That said I have seen that people are already trying to split the box like "person a gets all the CDs and DVDs then Person B can have all the vinyl" etc and it drives me up the wall.

6 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

don't think the HT is remaster though. I'm reptty sure all HT vinyl that is out there is the same master.

Yeah maybe it was a pressing error but I've heard of several people buying it and the results differed from EU and USA reissues

Unless they are doing it for the purpose of scalping and making money off it, who cares if people resell or giveaway parts of the bundle? At least a third of the stuff is going to be doubles to even common collectors

Looking at picking up either the Super Deluxe Edition or the Digital Download version, does anyone know what file formats they'd be available for download in? If it's lossless I'm totally in, but I'd rather not spend at minimum, $80 AUD for MP3's, especially for albums I already own. Cheers!

On 8/29/2020 at 5:24 PM, rd1994 said:

Why? There are multiple things in the box set that people may already own, and multiple things that you can't get with the other bundles. 

My philosophy with things like doubles is that if it doesn't have much value to you (monetary or sentimental), then flip the original you had and keep what came in the box set. That way you keep the complete set but don't have to deal with, for instance, two Reanimation records, or two Hybrid Theory records (HT is dependent on the pressing though, given that some of them are pretty valuable).

I've already thrown my copy of Reanimation on Discogs. Nothing else in the box is a double for me, though, so it's easier to unload what I've got than it may be for some other people on here.

5 hours ago, yagamilight207 said:

thanks!

The Hi-Res version will be also on HDtracks and on few other stores. I just wondering if this will be a various quality mixed in just like Studio Collection has.

What I'm thinking is a HT album as a possible of having a different quality. It is available already at 48.0kHz and 96.0kHz, so maybe they will include one of those versions in this album? Otherwise this edition will be the first one to have HT in 44.1 quality.

19 hours ago, martinez said:

The Hi-Res version will be also on HDtracks and on few other stores. I just wondering if this will be a various quality mixed in just like Studio Collection has.

What I'm thinking is a HT album as a possible of having a different quality. It is available already at 48.0kHz and 96.0kHz, so maybe they will include one of those versions in this album? Otherwise this edition will be the first one to have HT in 44.1 quality.

Will this be considered a downgrade, comparing to the other 2 qualities already available?

On 8/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, T0MMYGUNN said:

Amazon now has the super deluxe for $176.99 U.S, i had it in my cart till i got paid ( today) so i can pre order and noticed the price drop.

anyone know why?

I saw your message and immediately went to Amazon, I notice that on the current listing the Super Deluxe is still $199, but on my order its $176.99, so that's a pretty good $25 discount. Its an international order for me so I appreciate it hehehe. 

1 hour ago, rd1994 said:

I dunno. Sure many songs on here are Demos but for example the official upload of She Couldn't isn't labelled as a demo is it?

I already checked all the databases, etc. and yeah She Couldn't doesn't have "Demo" but I remember checking it before the release and it had it, looks like they have changed that.

Edited by martinez

16 minutes ago, martinez said:

I already checked all the databases, etc. and yeah She Couldn't doesn't have "Demo" but I remember checking it before the release and it had it, looks like they have changed that.

That said I always felt the "demo" tag was always a bit fuzzy when it comes to linkin park: For example What We Don't Know is labelled as an MTM yet was mixed by Neil Avron who mixed the rest of the album and it has become known since then that it almost ended up on the album. To me at that point is not a "demo" anymore. Same with Across The Line