Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

19 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Looks like the Points of Authority on Forgotten Demos is probably the "stop the talk show" version

It actually is.

3 hours ago, rd1994 said:

Oversight I guess since the B-Sides & Rarities is the only version of an HTEP on CD

Considering the In The End single contains the exact same version as the EP and the boxset contains both versions since one is vinyl and one is CD in the physical version...soooo

Yeah, it's not a problem in the physical release since they're in different formats. It looks dumb on the digital release though. I'm pretty sure it will confuse some people.

21 minutes ago, martinez said:

so it's all clear now. OK, so the first one is original version (not demo) and the second one is demo, I checked it and it matches with version from "Hybrid Theory 8-track Demo CD (1999)".

Did you compare the pre-chorus? That's the part that differs between the 9-track demo and 8-track demo versions. I remember comparing it but I don't remember which part of the song I got a match for. The bridge, while different from the HT EP version, is similar in both demos.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Did you compare the pre-chorus? That's the part that differs between the 9-track demo and 8-track demo versions. I remember comparing it but I don't remember which part of the song I got a match for. The bridge, while different from the HT EP version, is similar in both demos.

No I didn't. You actually reminded me about the second version of a Carousel demo. I have both of them, since the pre-chorus have only 9 seconds I have to check that in a different way but I don't think i will get anything.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, martinez said:

Because I was checking some albums there before and in all cases the snippets were available there. I think that one album got the snippets even two weeks before the planned release date.

I think you can start to check for them two weeks before the HT20 release date, that will be in few days.

Tomorrow, I think we can look on plan9music.com for the Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition) snippets.

(Edit): Tomorrow, it will be two weeks from release day for Hybrid Theory (20th Anniversary Edition).

Edited by NJPLP

My fucking box set just changed the expected shipping date from the 9th to the 13th. What the hell? I got the day off of work to enjoy the thing! Now I'm just gonna sit around and do fuck all next Friday.

At least the songs will be up on Spotify but I was really looking forward to listening to Hybrid Theory and Reanimation while paging through that art book and then watching the concerts and behind-the-scenes stuff.

If there is a Xero version of Esaul, then is there a Xero version of Slip?

Also, I thought it was said that In The End (Demo) [LPU Rarities] was going to be pre-released sometime this month. It's September the 30th, the last day of the month.

When is it going to be pre-released? But knowing these facts now, it might just be speculation.

Edited by NJPLP

22 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Also, I thought it was said that In The End (Demo) [LPU Rarities] was going to be pre-released sometime this month. It's September the 30th, the last day of the month.

When is it going to be pre-released? But knowing these facts now, it might just be speculation.

https://twitter.com/linkinpark/status/1311337692076990468

49 minutes ago, jopevc said:

"Slip" had vocals by Mark, but I think that version was never leaked

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Slip

I hope Mark or Mike have the Xero version of the song. But I'm just thinking.

I also hope that the Xero version of Slip will be released or leaked possibly.

Edited by NJPLP

48 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I hope Mark or Mike have the Xero version of the song. But I'm just thinking.

I also hope that the Xero version of Slip will be released or leaked possibly.

I don´t think "Slip" with Mark would be released oficially. Mark doesn´t like to have his stuff released. During the unboxing of the "Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Edition Super Deluxe Box Set"  Mike said: "Begrudgingly, Mark agreed to let us release the songs with his vocals(...)". I think it´s more likely that the Xero version of "Slip" will be leaked some day

I am shocked Reading My Eyes is from the Xero tape. It’s definitely a transfer from Mike’s master tape that they copied around etc and done professionally but wow. The reason that’s disappointing to me is because now you’re missing Fuse from the release. If all 3 other Xero tape songs are on this then they’re missing 1/4 of the components from the original demo. I assume Stick N Move and Rhinestone are the Xero tape versions since Reading My Eyes is. 

6 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

has anyone received email with tracking code?
on the website says they would start sending it on October 5th, I still haven't received an email about it .

Got my tracking code a couple of hours ago (I‘m in Germany).