Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, rd1994 said:

I doubt anybody gives a damn but I have contacted Warner Records Germany about the Box Set errors (especially the ones that are only in the EU box)

21 hours ago, Coizu said:

Wrote a mail to the warner store about the whole EU downgrade situation. Let's see if they have anything to say about it (even though I doubt that I will get a reasonable answer).

Please keep us update on their answer(s). I was also wondering about the missing strap (getting stuff out of the box is quite tedious) and if they might resend the two DVDs at least. There once was a Road to Revolution vinyl release on record store day where the sticker said 'explicit version' but they accidentally had the censored ones on there. Warner then sent out correct versions for buyers, so it might be possible they do something about the mislabeled DVDs...

Besides, the EU version was sold out everywhere upon release of the box, I was wondering if they stopped shipping to stores after realizing the error and a second bunch of boxes will be coming to stores later this year or if it really sold out that quickly?!

8 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

I will update you all guys about the issues on the EU versions as soon as I get any info. And believe me they know about the problem. Stay tuned for the info!

I would argue that everyone who is unsatisfied with the problems should contact them instead of relying on information from other people.

The more people make it clear that they are unhappy with the situation the higher the chances that they will do something.

5 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I would argue that everyone who is unsatisfied with the problems should contact them instead of relying on information from other people.

The more people make it clear that they are unhappy with the situation the higher the chances that they will do something.

Just believe me they know, can't say more  at this time but it would be better to just wait and see what can be done instead of bitching and escalating the anger further. They know and just let them decide what to do next. I don't think they will ignore this because at least switched DVDs are a big issue in such release.

And before anyone asks, I got two copies (one for collection and one for scans and play) and I have the same exact problem you all have.

Edited by michalangelo

1 minute ago, michalangelo said:

instead of bitching and escalating the anger further

I don't doubt that they don't know. There is a difference if 10 people or 200 people complain about a problem though.

Also I am not saying that anyone should bitch around. It is totally possible to complain about the situation in a friendly way which should be the default anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I don't doubt that they don't know. There is a difference if 10 people or 200 people complain about a problem though.

Also I am not saying that anyone should bitch around. It is totally possible to complain about the situation in a friendly way which should be the default anyway. 

IMHO doesn't matter if it's 10 or 200 people wit hthe faulty item. They surely should do something about it because this isn't $20 but $200!! Not to mention it's 20th anniversary dammit!!! Don;t get me wrong, maybe I misread what you meant. Of course we can talk about the issues like you said, in a polite manner but again, imho we shouldn't spam them.

As I remember correctly, the Road To Revolution censored records issue was handled very proffesionally and as simple as they could handle such situation. However, people received a regular black issue, instead of splattered but this is still fine I'd say. MAYBE this thing could be handled in the same way? Send a proof of purchase and/or photos and you're done. Wait some time and receive a replacement items. Case closed. We will see!

4 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

IMHO doesn't matter if it's 10 or 200 people wit hthe faulty item. They surely should do something about it because this isn't $20 but $200!! Not to mention it's 20th anniversary dammit!!! Don;t get me wrong, maybe I misread what you meant. Of course we can talk about the issues like you said, in a polite manner but again, imho we shouldn't spam them.

As I remember correctly, the Road To Revolution censored records issue was handled very proffesionally and as simple as they could handle such situation. However, people received a regular black issue, instead of splattered but this is still fine I'd say. MAYBE this thing could be handled in the same way? Send a proof of purchase and/or photos and you're done. Wait some time and receive a replacement items. Case closed. We will see!

I just hope this doesn't become a mess since you could buy the box set "anywhere". I remember I had a record that was faulty and then it was like "you didn't buy straight from the label so there is nothing I can do"

1 minute ago, michalangelo said:

IMHO doesn't matter if it's 10 or 200 people wit hthe faulty item

I totally agree with you here. Reality is different though. Probably not the best comparison, but in software development it is totally normal that you ignore bugs that just get a low amount of reports. If all clients complain you typically throw all your resources at it and you make sure to fix it as soon as possible.

At the end Warner is a business and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to a calculation of "how many people do we piss off to safe money", in which case the number of reports would make a difference (I am exaggerating here, I am sure most people there, like Adam for example, care about a delivering a high quality product without compromises).

5 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

I just hope this doesn't become a mess since you could buy the box set "anywhere". I remember I had a record that was faulty and then it was like "you didn't buy straight from the label so there is nothing I can do"

Not a chance they'd do that! I purchased RTR copies at locat polish store and there was no problem getting a replacement.

2 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I totally agree with you here. Reality is different though. Probably not the best comparison, but in software development it is totally normal that you ignore bugs that just get a low amount of reports. If all clients complain you typically throw all your resources at it and you make sure to fix it as soon as possible.

At the end Warner is a business and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to a calculation of "how many people do we piss off to safe money", in which case the number of reports would make a difference (I am exaggerating here, I am sure most people there, like Adam for example, care about a delivering a high quality product without compromises).

Again, they replaced RTR and it was just an issue with censored tracks that should not have been censored! We have an issue here with two songs but the switched dvd's are much worse problem at the moment and I believe they will send replacements. We just have to wait.

7 hours ago, Zoom said:

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, michalangelo said:

Again, they replaced RTR and it was just an issue with censored tracks that should not have been censored! We have an issue here with two songs but the switched dvd's are much worse problem at the moment and I believe they will send replacements. We just have to wait.

I don't even care about the switched DVDs. Their entire content is still there and the DVDs weren't sold separately, the only way to get them is in the full set. The songs are much worse in my opinion because we got an incomplete product. There's nowhere in the box you can find the complete versions. This would be the first time these songs were released in CD, but instead we received 30 seconds of each.

Btw I made the "mistake" of contacting Warner Germany. They don't know what to do and if my item is faulty I should contact Amazon for a refund. (in other words they totally didn't get my problem) I tried Warner Europe again. Now lets wait and see. 

1 minute ago, lpliveusername said:

Can anybody check the Reanimation vinyl to see if P5hng Me A*wy is complete? Don't forget to mention if your copy is from the US or EU.

I didn't know there were incomplete P5hng versions. Complete version on my copy (EU)

1 minute ago, 1996_LP said:

Thats worrying. Why did this happen? I'd have thought the master audio tracks were locked.

it doesn't have to do with the master audio tracks. It has to do with the vinyl cut. Looks like something went wrong there.