Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Deafandblind said:

Has anyone else tried to rip audio from the cd's and getting errors when looking at the spectrum? i've used Exact audio copy and then used fakin' the funk to analyse the tracks, 3 tracks have an "acutal bitrate" of 160 kbps...

Is it the Forgotten Demos disc? It might not be an error. Maybe the demos don't exist in better quality. Either that or Mike downloaded random files from the internet for the tracks we already had. In Linkin Park's website the last two files from the disc were .m4a instead of .wav like the rest.

Pictureboard, She Couldn't, Could Have Been
In both places of the Super Deluxe Box set [1, 2], all 3 tracks contains "demo". This was also in the local databases and all tracks on streaming platforms/digital stores supposed to have the same but it was corrected right before the release of She Couldn't. I would consider this as a error.

The front cover of the HT Book seems to have missing "]", can someone check the US version?

9 hours ago, martinez said:

In both places of the Super Deluxe Box set [1, 2], all 3 tracks contains "demo". This was also in the local databases and all tracks on streaming platforms/digital stores supposed to have the same but it was corrected right before the release of She Couldn't. I would consider this as a error.

The front cover of the HT Book seems to have missing "]", can someone check the US version?

Do you have glasses? I can see the ] just fine.

12 hours ago, martinez said:

It's not missing, it's at the very right edge. The colors just make it hard to see, and it butts right up against the white border.

'Errors present in the "Deluxe Box Set" Version EUR'

- Dvd's "Fillmore / RIR and Frat Party, wrong pressing.

- in show Fillmore, 1:36 intro with the audience screaming at the beginning before Linkin Park enters the stage is cut.

- LPU Rarities Cd, Hurry and Chair (instrumental) contains only 30 seconds.

- Lithography MS is Pixed (Looks like Xerox).

- Pass PR02 is not laminated.

- Does not have support to help pull vinyls inside the box.

- P5hng me A * wy (incomplete and some Vinyl's).

- Hybrid Theory Ep Vinyl, mike hand is credited to 'Technique (Mix) and Mixing', is instead credited twice to 'And One'

- in some books, some parts linkin park is written as "linking Park".

- Some tracks from Vinyl "Hybrid Theory Ep" are jumping on the needle.

Edited by Hybridtheory

Correct. Billboard 200 IMO doesn't matter as much, but some will argue it matters the most because it has streaming included. But that's where viral songs lead the charts. HT20 isn't going to have anything go viral like Fleetwood Mac had with TikTok. Album chart and being #2 is legit, because this is a box set. IMO that's what you should focus on. No way LP was going to top the Billboard 200 with this, there wasn't even a lead single.

15 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Correct. Billboard 200 IMO doesn't matter as much, but some will argue it matters the most because it has streaming included. But that's where viral songs lead the charts. HT20 isn't going to have anything go viral like Fleetwood Mac had with TikTok. Album chart and being #2 is legit, because this is a box set. IMO that's what you should focus on. No way LP was going to top the Billboard 200 with this, there wasn't even a lead single.

Yeah agree on this. It’s a good result, and yeah the box set didn’t help, I mean it was expected that casual fans wouldn’t have bought a 200€ box set or the 2 cd box, so there’s nothing to be underwhelmed IMO. I mean OML sold 100k first week and it was a new record with 100% new songs, so this selling approximately 26k is good for what it is 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

Found my old cassette with album today. It was a rewriting from my brother's CD (he came to visit me from St. Petersburg in the summer of 2003). I was 10 years old at that time. During two years I've listened to this album on the cassette without knowing the names of most of the songs (because I didn't rewrite the tracklist of the album, and I had got a computer with the internet only in 2005). The album became for me a discovery of rock music, the main personification of cool music.

Happy 20th anniversary, legend! ❤️

Edited by Zoom

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, Zoom said:

Found my old cassette with album today. It was a rewriting from my brother's CD (he came to visit me from St. Petersburg in the summer of 2003). I was 10 years old at that time. During two years I've listened to this album on the cassette without knowing the names of most of the songs (because I didn't rewrite the tracklist of the album, and I had got a computer with the internet only in 2005). The album became for me a discovery of rock music, the main personification of cool music.

Happy 20th anniversary, legend! ❤️

What a memory! I don't have my old cassettes unfortunatelly, but I remember how stup1d kid I was: I borrowed the album on cassette from my friend/classmate, and I was very angry because he gave me Limp Bizkit, I recognized a song from him. The next day he sweared that it's Linkin Park, so I brought the cassette home again and listened again and *boom*, yeah, I realized that I was the sh1thead when this time I recognized Crawling. :P I can't tell you which song I recognized as a Limp Bizkit song, but first time I listened the cassette fully and I recognized neither OSC, nor Crawling, nor In The End. I didn't like the album when I thought it's Limp Bizkit, but when I realised it's LP, I loved it. :D

On 3/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Nezumi86 said:

What a memory! I don't have my old cassettes unfortunatelly, but I remember how stup1d kid I was: I borrowed the album on cassette from my friend/classmate, and I was very angry because he gave me Limp Bizkit, I recognized a song from him. The next day he sweared that it's Linkin Park, so I brought the cassette home again and listened again and *boom*, yeah, I realized that I was the sh1thead when this time I recognized Crawling. :P I can't tell you which song I recognized as a Limp Bizkit song, but first time I listened the cassette fully and I recognized neither OSC, nor Crawling, nor In The End. I didn't like the album when I thought it's Limp Bizkit, but when I realised it's LP, I loved it. :D

Significant Other by Limp Bizkit was the first CD that I ever owned. 

• 3 years later...

Here are the credits of the HTEP vinyl from HT20:

credits says: Mastered by Pat Kraus

Mastered for a vinyl by Brian Gardner

Can someone explain to me what's the difference between the vinyl and CD mastering. Is it mean (based on the credits) that they took the original HTEP copy mastered by Pat Kraus to Brian and he use it to make the mastering for a vinyl, is that right? Because if Brian worked on the complete unmastered version then what's the point to include the Pat's credits if only one person mastered the whole thing?

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Here are the credits of the HTEP vinyl from HT20:

credits says: Mastered by Pat Kraus

Mastered for a vinyl by Brian Gardner

Can someone explain to me what's the difference between the vinyl and CD mastering. Is it mean (based on the credits) that they took the original HTEP copy mastered by Pat Kraus to Brian and he use it to make the mastering for a vinyl, is that right? Because if Brian worked on the complete unmastered version then what's the point to include the Pat's credits if only one person mastered the whole thing?

I think it's best practice to do a separate master for vinyl to account for the difference in dynamics that pressing to a vinyl record has compared to digital sources. If they have access to the original master recordings for HTEP, Gardner must have worked with those for the vinyl pressing, while Kraus's original master was left intact for the digital release, which would be why they're credited separately.

38 minutes ago, gorast said:

while Kraus's original master was left intact for the digital release, which would be why they're credited separately.

Well, that's not true. You see they are using a Hi-Res 24-bit as a source quality for the vinyls, the same source usually goes for digital platforms that sells/stream music in Hi-Res quality. And HTEP disc is one of those included on HT20 that is available on HDtracks in Hi-Res quality, there are very noticeable differences in mastering and both both gentleman's are mentioned in the credits for songs from HTEP. So yeah at least they are releasing the same files digitally.