Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

4 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Edit: Is that bass at the end of Could have been actually being played by someone? Pheonix??

Not sure when it was recorded. if he was with the band then, it was by Phoenix, if not, by Brad.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rd1994 said:

Not sure when it was recorded. if he was with the band then, it was by Phoenix, if not, by Brad.

I don't think Phoenix is in play for that since he's not on any of this material. Brad's the most likely option if it's post-HTEP, but it could potentially be Kyle Christner, if I'm understanding the timeline right.

Those of you who got the US version of this box, can you tell me if your contents are correct or not?

Because apparently, the Frat Party DVD and the Filmore/RaR DVD got their contents (or printed names) switched.

I wanna find out if this is the case for all versions, or just the EU version (or whatever else versions there are).

Edited by Seelentau

12 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Those of you who got the US version of this box, can you tell me if your contents are correct or not?

Because apparently, the Frat Party DVD and the Filmore/RaR DVD got their contents (or printed names) switched.

I wanna find out if this is the case for all versions, or just the EU version (or whatever else versions there are).

So far it looks like it is only a EU problem.

Just now, Coizu said:

So far it looks like it is only a EU problem.

Yeah, according to someone on Discogs, that's the case. Just want to make sure.

When people initially posted about it, they didn't specify which version they had, which makes it a little complicated^^'

I haven't had a chance to watch the DVDs yet. Frat Party is identical to the old release, right?

Sorry for double posting. This isn't mentioned anywhere I think but Reanimation (in CD format) also has the Multimedia content it used to have (when you insert it into a PC)

Holy fuck. PR 02 is incredible. Wasn't there talks about a live dvd that got scrapped? Because this looks like a fleshed out production. It's so interesting because it seems like "Live in Texas" was a concept that got tried before. It's basically LIT in 02 at a arena show. The sound is awesome, clear but with some rawness to it. The setlist is great with so many highlights (OSC had me laughing out loud!) and finally having this incredible "My Own Summer" video is a holy grail by itself. I never would've thought that Mike was so prominent on it and did in fact do a large chunk of lead vocals. Crazy! Oh, and "My December" <3! And so much more!

The editing is a bit messy at times, but many songs feel like they could be a live music video which makes the whole thing even more enjoyable. The transitioning in between songs is weird, though. Probably has to do with some cutting back and forth between shows. Nevertheless, what a great show and a true gem to have. Next up: Frat Party 2 :) 

Edited by Trumtram

2 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Holy fuck. PR 02 is incredible. Wasn't there talks about a live dvd that got scrapped? Because this looks like a fleshed out production. It's so interesting because it seems like "Live in Texas" was a concept that got tried before. It's basically LIT in 02 at a arena show. The sound is awesome, clear but with some rawness to it. The setlist is great with so many highlights (OSC had me laughing out loud!) and finally having this incredible "My Own Summer" video is a holy grail by itself. I never would've thought that Mike was so prominent on it and did in fact do a large chunk of lead vocals. Crazy! Oh, and "My December" <3! And so much more!

The editing is a bit messy at times, but many songs feel like they could be a live music video which makes the whole thing even more enjoyable. The transitioning in between songs is weird, though. Probably has to do with some cutting back and forth between shows. Nevertheless, what a great show and a true gem to have. Next up: Frat Party 2 :) 

The Live DVD that got scrapped was the Docklands one (that is on LPL as a Workprint)...not sure if I am thinking of another one

I just got done watching the Fillmore show and I think theres a few things that have been edited. Either I missed the Lee intro or it has been cut and I don't think there was a Falling Down intro to OSC either. I definitely know what that one is like since the show they did a small commentary on and yadda yadda yadda also included the Falling Down intro.

5 hours ago, LennyTobell said:

The only song I feel is missing in this incredible release is the alternate version of Part of Me. The one with Chesters ”Cut myself free” screams and without the ending instrumental noice and hidden track.

That version was fucking phenomenal, yeah. Only """gripe""" of an amazing release 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:20 AM, LPLStaff said:

Stick and Move is with Chester.

Orders have begun shipping 2 days ago.

Is this why I still haven't received my shipping notification even though I ordered mine way back on August 14?

**UPDATE**: Disregard this reply, please. I got the notification.

Edited by kcg

Not sure if I should try this but I am going to anyway.  I have a screen recorder on my Computer and I am planning on trying it out on the PR 02 portion of the Stream Rerun.  However I do not feel safe sharing it on here or even Youtube, so I am just going to keep it for my personal use/viewing.  I do not make enough money to buy a Super Deluxe Box Set, so this is the next best thing.  If it is ok with whoever runs this site I could at least convert it to Mp3 format audio and share that on here.  Just want to make sure I am not breaking any rules on here.  That is why I am asking the Head Honchos of this site if it is ok.  If not I will not do it.

Ok wow, the HD music videos look great!

....except for In the End haha. I think it might look worse....kinda seems like they used some kind of AI to try to upscale it and it left a lot of artifacts. But the others look brilliant!

2 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Ok wow, the HD music videos look great!

....except for In the End haha. I think it might look worse....kinda seems like they used some kind of AI to try to upscale it and it left a lot of artifacts. But the others look brilliant!

It's the one that has more cgi it didn't age well its probably the best quality that you can get. 

1 minute ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

It's the one that has more cgi it didn't age well its probably the best quality that you can get. 

I definitely think the CG has to do with it. They probably only rendered it in something like 480 because of the CG. But to be honest I wish we just had whatever the true resolution was, because the upscaling made it super messy looking.

But whatever, its got its billion views and the others look fantastic haha. I hope we get HD versions of other ones one day, especially the minutes to midnight stuff 

2 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I definitely think the CG has to do with it. They probably only rendered it in something like 480 because of the CG. But to be honest I wish we just had whatever the true resolution was, because the upscaling made it super messy looking.

But whatever, its got its billion views and the others look fantastic haha. I hope we get HD versions of other ones one day, especially the minutes to midnight stuff 

Numb deserves the 4k remaster right now

The most watched rock video of all time will look awesome in 4k because it has zero cgi. 

I love the PR 02 show. What an epic show. My December is really something special there. 

But I don’t understand the reason to cut everything between songs. Even the encore break. The songs begin 0.5 seconds after the track before it and it seems unrealistic at times to me. So, the speech by Chester that’s in the trailer and that Mike talked about on Twitch (when Chester cusses a lot) isn’t on that DVD. Instead, it’s spliced in the middle of Frat Party 2. The scene of Mike in the crowd is like that too, from the trailer. Those were my 2 top moments I wanted to see in the show and neither are in the actual show LOL. I’m not sure why it was edited like that but those would have been nice to see on the PR 02 DVD in the context of the concert.