Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

29 minutes ago, martinez said:

I already checked all the databases, etc. and yeah She Couldn't doesn't have "Demo" but I remember checking it before the release and it had it, looks like they have changed that.

Why do you think that site will post the snippets in a few days?

Edited by Capacity

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, rd1994 said:

That said I always felt the "demo" tag was always a bit fuzzy when it comes to linkin park: For example What We Don't Know is labelled as an MTM yet was mixed by Neil Avron who mixed the rest of the album and it has become known since then that it almost ended up on the album. To me at that point is not a "demo" anymore. Same with Across The Line

I agree. Those songs you mentioned, plus Blackbirds, Pretend to be, and even songs like Dedicated just sound like b-sides due to their production being almost equal to the albums they originated from.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, Mazatan said:

I saw your message and immediately went to Amazon, I notice that on the current listing the Super Deluxe is still $199, but on my order its $176.99, so that's a pretty good $25 discount. Its an international order for me so I appreciate it hehehe. 

lol you're welcome.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, Mazatan said:

I saw your message and immediately went to Amazon, I notice that on the current listing the Super Deluxe is still $199, but on my order its $176.99, so that's a pretty good $25 discount. Its an international order for me so I appreciate it hehehe. 

126 pounds for me, over 140€, not complaining.

Do y'all think we'll get another full track ahead of the release to promote it? Since they gave us She Couldn't, I think the next one would probably be something like Carousel or And One that is much closer to the final HT sound. I'd love for it to be released not just so that we can enjoy it before, but to give more exposure and capture those who might have brushed off she couldn't but would be captured by that sound. 

40 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I doubt they'll release anything else from the package before October 9th.

You're probably right, since this is such a unique release, but usually for most albums there would be another track released to keep the hype going.

If that did happen, though, I would think it would be something like High Voltage or My December. MAYBE one of the HT EP songs or something random like Dedicated. Definitely nothing from the Forgotten Demos CD.

Edited by Justin

3 hours ago, Justin said:

You're probably right, since this is such a unique release, but usually for most albums there would be another track released to keep the hype going.

If that did happen, though, I would think it would be something like High Voltage or My December. MAYBE one of the HT EP songs or something random like Dedicated. Definitely nothing from the Forgotten Demos CD.

It's a bummer that we won't get any single from this 

As a teenager i always dreamed of an APFMH video. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:36 AM, martinez said:

https://plan9music.com/UPC/093624893240 - snippets for all songs will be available here in few days. So we should likely add "demo" to all songs from "Forgotten Demos" disc.

It’s already been a few days and all the snippets for all the songs aren’t showing up.
(Edit): The only snippets I’ve seen are for the whole album of Hybrid Theory, & She Couldn’t off the “Forgotten Demos” disc.

(Edit): I wonder now when the other snippets for the other songs will be released?

Edited by NJPLP

17 hours ago, NJPLP said:

(Edit): I wonder now when the other snippets for the other songs will be released?

Probably on release date like usual

10 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Wish cry to yourself was on one of the disks.

I think that's not up to Linkin Park to release it officially.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Capacity said:

Why do you think that site will post the snippets in a few days?

Because I was checking some albums there before and in all cases the snippets were available there. I think that one album got the snippets even two weeks before the planned release date.

20 hours ago, NJPLP said:

It’s already been a few days and all the snippets for all the songs aren’t showing up.
(Edit): The only snippets I’ve seen are for the whole album of Hybrid Theory, & She Couldn’t off the “Forgotten Demos” disc.

I think you can start to check for them two weeks before the HT20 release date, that will be in few days.

I had a feeling if they released something else before the actual release date that it would be something hardcore fans know very well, but casual fans probably don't. Releasing a demo of ITE is a cool way to hype up a lot of casual fans.

28 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had a feeling if they released something else before the actual release date that it would be something hardcore fans know very well, but casual fans probably don't. Releasing a demo of ITE is a cool way to hype up a lot of casual fans.

Yeah it’s like “hey there’s a slightly different  version of our most famous song !” And you grab their attention