Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

31 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I've been wrestling with cancelling my pre-order. But I think I'm gonna get it, enjoy it for a moment, and then sell the pieces I don't want (book, lithographs, Cassette). I'm sure someone out there would be down to buy it who didn't want the whole thing 

Lol the book and cassette are two huge things for me that I DO want specifically. I remember hoping there was a book as soon as talks about a 20th anniversary release started.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I've been wrestling with cancelling my pre-order. But I think I'm gonna get it, enjoy it for a moment, and then sell the pieces I don't want (book, lithographs, Cassette). I'm sure someone out there would be down to buy it who didn't want the whole thing 

If you don't want the whole Thing then just don't buy it, simple as that

@hahninator

Thank you for the long post. It just baffles my mind how anyone could call this a cash grab. There is so much stuff in there that 180ish currency units are an incredible price for value. It proves that you can do your very best and still people will try to call you out for it. This could've gone for a bit more and would still be a great package.

8 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

@hahninator

Thank you for the long post. It just baffles my mind how anyone could call this a cash grab. There is so much stuff in there that 180ish currency units are an incredible price for value. It proves that you can do your very best and still people will try to call you out for it. This could've gone for a bit more and would still be a great package.

ALso like I said LP have done cash grabby things in the past.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, hahninator said:

Here's why it isn't a cash grab.

Yes, it has enough value to warrant the price. You are getting studio Xero demos with Mark (completely unheard/unreleased, we didn't even know some of these existed), a completely unknown Xero song, a completely unknown Hybrid Theory (band) song, Pictureboard which has been wanted for 15+ years desperately, an impressively good quality She Couldn't which was just mastered this year in 2020 standards for release, and more. Astat showed how many CDs on IG Live that you'd need to known to have all of the B-Side Rarities in one collection - it's a lot. The LPU Rarities, I mean the LPU CDs are selling for insane prices right now. The Hybrid Theory EP too, that thing is worth more than the value of this entire box set lol. 

Then DVD-wise, you're getting Frat Party which was out of print since 2002 but it looks like the music videos will be upscaled in better quality for the first time ever. You're getting Frat Party 2 which didn't even exist until this year, they literally just made it out of all of the unseen 2002 video footage the band has. Live show wise, you have Fillmore 2001 which is completely unreleased (potato quality of With You/OSC mostly full is on YouTube and that's it)... it's the band's first headlining tour ever which means it's oldschool and raw as hell. Should be quite epic. You have Rock am Ring 2001 on here in master quality, a big quality upgrade which is unreleased/unseen. Could even be different angles on it, who knows. Then Projekt Revolution 2002 which is also totally unseen - only 1 real video exists from 2002 in viewable quality online (OSC from Colorado Springs).

The value is easily $300-350+ on this and you're getting it for $200. How much is the band even making on this? Are they even turning much of a profit? Imagine printing cassettes in 2020, it can't be cheap. 80 page books. All those vinyls, etc. DVDs. So, if you were to manufacture all of that on your own, no, you're losing a lot of money, but there is probably a small profit margin somewhere that they are getting by mass producing everything in tens of thousands. So say the band earns $10-20 on every box set - that's nothing.

A cash grab would be 67 different editions of this thing for sale. This is an all inclusive box set release and is actually quite undervalued as we discussed on IG Live. We paid over $2,000 for She Couldn't in 2009. We'd pay that right this minute for Pictureboard ALONE if the opportunity came up and there wasn't a box set coming. So $200? Sign me up all day.

The problem with this statement is there is a substantial amount of unreleased stuff here. Studio demos, unheard of songs, Pictureboard, live shows, 80 page book with stuff from Rob's parents' storage, etc. None of that is rehashed.

If you are referring to the demos, it isn't the band's fault fans like us leaked all of these demos lol. We should be glad they are putting Xero demos, Dialate and Could Have Been on here instead of taking those spots up with Plaster, Part of Me (Demo), Dust Brothers, etc. Some of the audio is "rehashed", sure, but you're getting it mastered and all inclusively on one release. The audio is just one part of the box.

On point. Couldnt be explained better.

If you consider a newly pressed LP it's about $29.99

Another onesided picture LP would be around $25

A double LP might as well be $39.99

Albums start at $15 today with new releases about $20 would be around $90

A book in the size of an LP with 80 pages would be another $20<

Each DVD worth $15 I suppose - times 3 makes $45

One lithograph about $5< I believe - times 3 makes another $15

Also a new poster should also be around $5

That's $270 total (didn't even consider how rare some stuff on there is)

tbh I calculated in German prices and EUR, but I think that's a fair calculation

If anyone begs to differ - please correct me

$270, guys not <$200

Edited by LPsMart

On 8/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, rd1994 said:

I have decided to contact Adam via Twitter,

this is good, let us know if Adam can answer this question😊👍

did anyone get to talk to Adam, to confirm the tracklist Dvd Projekt Revolution ?

Edited by Hybridtheory

6 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

this is good, let us know if Adam can answer this question😊👍

did anyone get to talk to Adam, to confirm the tracklist Dvd Projekt Revolution ?

I did contact him, but didn't get a reply. I don't know if my Question got buried or not or if he can't answer it, so just passed it off

Not sure if I should try again or no.

54 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

I did contact him, but didn't get a reply. I don't know if my Question got buried or not or if he can't answer it, so just passed it off

Not sure if I should try again or no.

We will find out real soon. I'm pretty sure more people also asked him about that, there's no need to spam him with all of those messages.

56 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

I just watched the LPTV Episode about when they played Sunset Strip and handed out flyers, about a minute in, a new beat plays. Maybe part of another new demo?

The songs on that LPTV are:

Stick And Move (from LPU 9)

Blue (from LPU 11)

Sad (from LPU 9)

And One (from HT EP)

I think the one you were asking is Blue

5 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

The songs on that LPTV are:

Stick And Move (from LPU 9)

Blue (from LPU 11)

Sad (from LPU 9)

And One (from HT EP)

I think the one you were asking is Blue

Probably. Haven't listened to that one in a while. Apologies if I got some hype up lol

Just realized one thing that's sort of missing - Reanimation's 5.1 mix. That would have been cool to have in the big pack if we're getting it on vinyl and disc anyways. I've always said that if I bought reanimation it would definitely be the 5.1 DVD. 

4 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Just realized one thing that's sort of missing - Reanimation's 5.1 mix. That would have been cool to have in the big pack if we're getting it on vinyl and disc anyways. I've always said that if I bought reanimation it would definitely be the 5.1 DVD. 

I thought the same thing. At the same time I just got my copy of that today LOL

7 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I think there are way less people out there listening to 5.1 music than vinyl. Super niche thing so I don't think it would have been worth it.

Another reason why it’s not a cash grab - and this is something I learned since getting into niche perfumes and colognes:

it’s far easier to sell 20 items for $10 each, than 1 item for $200.

if this was cheaper, it would be easier for them to sell more and their profits would possibly double due to high volume sales rather than higher profit markets, but they’re selling it for what it’s actually worth (or better) - and I think of it as an integrity move.

7 minutes ago, Wilderness said:

Another reason why it’s not a cash grab - and this is something I learned since getting into niche perfumes and colognes:

it’s far easier to sell 20 items for $10 each, than 1 item for $200.

if this was cheaper, it would be easier for them to sell more and their profits would possibly double due to high volume sales rather than higher profit markets, but they’re selling it for what it’s actually worth (or better) - and I think of it as an integrity move.

The new 30STM photo book announced today is a cashgrab 100% (and I love Mars, saw them live 2 times in the Monolith tour). Crazy prices compared to the offer 

19 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

The new 30STM photo book announced today is a cashgrab 100% (and I love Mars, saw them live 2 times in the Monolith tour). Crazy prices compared to the offer 

I saw that today what the hell is a museum quality paper like .... 🤡🤡🤡🤡 Btw i saw them two times as well. 

I just thought it would be cool if they LPU disc included the Reading My Eyes live performance from LPU 6, since it is the only soundboard recording of a Xero song being performed live, but I think its not only limiting itself to songs from that era but also to stuff only included during that era. Like for example the HT at Download is not included since it was actually recorded during the THP cycle.