Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

10 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Fuse was likely not recorded in studio after the Xero tape. That's why. Same about Reading My Eyes with Chester, probably never recorded it with him.

Part of Me is the only song that logically seems to be left out for some reason, yes.

Oof... this always reminds me of the major boomer that was not getting pro-shot audio or video from when they were playing it in 2008. They nailed it on that tour :(

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, hahninator said:

Honestly my favorite announcement day they have ever done. Linkin Park did so great.

Not trying to be negative but we've already heard and seen 95% of the content already, right? I guess It's cool for collectors though.

33 minutes ago, Jani said:

Not trying to be negative but we've already heard and seen 95% of the content already, right? I guess It's cool for collectors though.

Hardcore Fans have...the majority of the fans out there don’t know a single bit about songs from the Xero  era 

51 minutes ago, Jani said:

I get what you're saying.

For me, the huge benefit of this is that it put together a lot of material that was spread out everywhere.  Nowadays I mostly listen to physical CDs , front-to-back (good way to be selective with the huge amount of music out there...money is limited :D).

In that case, having all of the HT-demos/b-sides stuff gathered up in one place is pretty convenient.

Edited by Qwerty18

Probably getting the 2cd + 16 pages book edition even tho It bothers me a bit to buy a second copy of HT. The super deluxe is cool but more than 150 € for songs I’ve heard a thousand times it’s not for me, also don’t care about Xero. 
The only thing I’m sorry about is the amazing book that I won’t have. 

3 hours ago, Jani said:

Of the audio stuff yeah but there's two whole concerts we haven't seen and a 45 minute sequel to Frat Party. Not to mention that all of the demos we already have on the Forgotten Demos disc (which we only 100% know we have She Couldn't) are getting quality upgrades as evidenced by She Couldn't. Speaking of that disc, we've got three brand new Xero demos on there including a song we'd never even heard of (Dialate) and three Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park demos that we haven't heard before (Pictureboard, Could Have Been and Stick N Move). So all-in-all there's a ton of new content here mixed with stuff that's been available for years.

1 minute ago, berryaaron11 said:

I am so happy that Linkin Park are finally acknowledging Mark Wakefields existence.

You act like they never did? I mean....the first album even has credits to him on the songs he did some significant wriing on

I'm all in for missing some stuff here and there. But honestly, a real complaint about the content of the box seems just silly. The only thing that's a bit of a shame are the different bundles, though.

But overall the price tag is incredible. That's some real value for money.

14 hours ago, sordomuda said:

I have bought mine on german Amazon so i hope i am safe 🤡

I think we used to have PAL in Germany (actually in all of Europe as far as I know) so there shouldn't be difference between the UK Amazon and German Amazon versions. I actually ordered the deluxe set from the UK (even though I live in Germany) since it is a lot cheaper. Just hope the package doesn't get damaged on the longer shipment...

I'm so hyped! Looking forward to all the stuff, I think it's an awesome box with almost everything you could wish for and enough unreleased material to be special.

The big box set is incredible for collectors and the price is not even THAT high, and to me complain of about the content of it is nearly impossible because it’s super complete. My gripe is that in there there’s a lot of stuff I already own and some things I don’t care much like DVDs and Xero without Chester, so it’s not something really for me. But the 2 cds packaging with the16 pages booklet will be fun to celebrate HT and have something “new” from LP after nearly 3 years (considering OML Live)  

Found the cds boxset on EMP for 19,99, Think I’m gonna go for it 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

2 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

The big box set is incredible for collectors and the price is not even THAT high, and to me complain of about the content of it is nearly impossible because it’s super complete. My gripe is that in there there’s a lot of stuff I already own and some things I don’t care much like DVDs and Xero without Chester, so it’s not something really for me. But the 2 cds packaging with the16 pages booklet will be fun to celebrate HT and have something “new” from LP after nearly 3 years (considering OML Live) 

Oh, my statement wasn't adressed at you in particular. It all depends on what someone is looking for in this box set. It's our fault in the end that we always listened to everything that leaked in the last 20 years and therefore know most of the stuff. Still if you see this box set as the ultimate HT experience, there is not much to complain about from that point of view. Plus all the video content is really cool and special and the book will be a great addition, too. I'm just happy to be having all these songs and demos in one place. Still can't believe it to be honest :D.

12 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Found the cds boxset on EMP for 19,99, Think I’m gonna go for it 

Can you provide the link for the boxset? I want to buy the CD, but I wish it had Demos instead of the B-sides. But I think I'll buy it anyway. Probably won't be able to get it before next year though.

4 hours ago, Stewe said:

Thank you, more efficient than me😃

4 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Oh, my statement wasn't adressed at you in particular. It all depends on what someone is looking for in this box set. It's our fault in the end that we always listened to everything that leaked in the last 20 years and therefore know most of the stuff. Still if you see this box set as the ultimate HT experience, there is not much to complain about from that point of view. Plus all the video content is really cool and special and the book will be a great addition, too. I'm just happy to be having all these songs and demos in one place. Still can't believe it to be honest :D.

I was not responding to you 😊 Just expressing my opinion on the boxset using your post as a sort of “nod” to what I wanted to say 😊

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92