Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Anyone else misses the Docklands Arena show?

Me! But as Astat said on the LPlive Instagram review of the box set, including Docklands on this might mean we don't get one of the unreleased shows. At least we have the full Docklands show that LPlive released, even if it's not perfect quality. Maybe LP will put it out for the 25th anniversary :)

17 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Last time I ordered them a bunch of movies the boxes were damaged. I hope they don't mess up my 150€ order 😒

I will probably try to get a replacement if they don't manage to deliver the box properly 😅 But let's see and keep our fingers crossed, can't wait for October!

47 minutes ago, [NiKmaN] said:

I will probably try to get a replacement if they don't manage to deliver the box properly 😅 But let's see and keep our fingers crossed, can't wait for October!

Same thing here,  thats why I opted out from LP website, I have had a better experience with Amazon than with US/MX postal service package care. 

3 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Also is Reading My Eyes (Xero Demo) the same version as the version off the Xero Demo Tape from 1997?

Linkin Park recorded demos with Mark in the studio after the Xero tape. The Xero tape was recorded right to tape, so that's the ONLY version that exists for those exact performances of the song.

So in 1998 they got money to get new gear, and recorded Esaul, Rhinestone, Pictureboard, Slip, etc with Mark - and likely all of these Xero songs except for maybe Fuse. We think this will be a studio quality Reading My Eyes, much much better than the Xero tape. 

3 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Linkin Park recorded demos with Mark in the studio after the Xero tape. The Xero tape was recorded right to tape, so that's the ONLY version that exists for those exact performances of the song.

So in 1998 they got money to get new gear, and recorded Esaul, Rhinestone, Pictureboard, Slip, etc with Mark - and likely all of these Xero songs except for maybe Fuse. We think this will be a studio quality Reading My Eyes, much much better than the Xero tape. 

I'm also gonna guess Dialate was also done around that time too?

And you also said that Stick N Move (Demo) has Chester's vocals on the track.

3 hours ago, [NiKmaN] said:

I chose to take it away myself at the store. It’s like 500m from my house lol. Cant wait. 

58 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

And you also said that Stick N Move (Demo) has Chester's vocals on the track.

It's possible but not known yet.

Mike: "But we certainly played Stick N Move at all the early shows with Mark, before Chester. And then when we went into the studio to do Hybrid Theory, Stick N Move was always a popular one at our shows, so we tried to make it work, and then Don just didn't like it. We were like "Yeah I get that. Like it's not as good as some of these other ones that are coming together. So we just broke it down into pieces and it turned into Runaway."

Just now, Trumtram said:

Just want to throw it out there: I bet Frat Party 2 will have easter eggs like the first one does. Who knows, maybe another home taped performance? ;)

Very possible! Adam says it has a lot of footage from Projekt Revolution 2002, which is great because we have seen almost nothing from that tour.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Very possible! Adam says it has a lot of footage from Projekt Revolution 2002, which is great because we have seen almost nothing from that tour.

Oh wow, I suspected that but hoped for more of a continuation from Ozzfest which was pretty much the end of Frat Party 1. We might even get the very first footage of some Reanimation work. The work for that started in 2001 and we know some people recorded vocals on the bus for example. So many possibilites :).

I think PR 2002 is the only tour of which we have zero video sources, right? At least one of a very few. Makes it special by itself, as you said.

Edited by Trumtram

I'm really excited for that,
I can't wait to have this.

I always wanted to see a complete PR 02 show, and finally that will be out.

I found out that the PR02 Show will be a complete show, because in the Trailler video, they clearly say: "Three Full-Lenght Concerts" Rock Am Ring, Filmore and PR02 probably in San Diego and the other images from the shows of the PR02 will be present at "The Sequel to the DVD with the Worst Name We've Ever Come Up With" (aka Frat Party 2) "

after I made the Pre Order I sent an email, asking this, and got an email back today, confirming that the PR Show is a Complete Show. 😊

in other words, in addition to a PR02 Complete Show, we will still have more footage of shows, this is incredible, alias all the content of this Deluxe Box will be incredible, it is already the best Anticipated Christmas present❤️😊

13 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I preordered it.

Or rather my girlfriend did for me since I was at work. lol

Early birthday present for me!

it really is a great gift friend, congratulations 👍😉

I always thought that video was a joke, but judging by how the guitar line sounds and the fact that Chester claim that he sang on it. plus Could Have Been not having the Xero tag maybe it means that is that song.

It would be cool if it, just have the complete Xero "catalog" of known tracks

Edited by Diaux

For him to be trolling, Mike and Chester both would have had to simultaneously remember a specific song that doesn’t actually exist. It’s real. We just don’t know if it’s Could Have Been or Dialate or something else entirely.

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

For him to be trolling, Mike and Chester both would have had to simultaneously remember a specific song that doesn’t actually exist. It’s real. We just don’t know if it’s Could Have Been or Dialate or something else entirely.

I just think its odd that for example at the start Chester is like "What are you playing" and then suddenly Chester remembers that he also did vocals for that song? I mean...they do orget stuff sometimes (remember that one time where Mike thought Wake was on Meteora?) it just struck me as odd.