5. Reading My Eyes (Xero Demo) (02:59)
  6. Rhinestone (Xero Demo) (03:40)
  7. Esaul (Xero Demo) (03:07)
  8. Stick N Move (Demo) (03:17)
  9. Carousel (Demo) (02:58)
  10. Points of Authority (Demo) (03:20)
  11. Crawling (Demo) (03:49)
  12. SuperXero (By Myself Demo) (03:18)

I wonder if this Rhinestone is the Zomba music/Crow version that leaked this year?

Edited by 1996_LP
quote issue

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rd1994 said:

I just think its odd that for example at the start Chester is like "What are you playing" and then suddenly Chester remembers that he also did vocals for that song? I mean...they do orget stuff sometimes (remember that one time where Mike thought Wake was on Meteora?) it just struck me as odd.

They get stuff mixed up all the time, dates, songs, facts, everything. Its normal to not instantly remember a DEMO u barely worked on (since it must have been mainly Xero). I doubt it was a joke and honestly it would be the best thing ever if either Could Have Been or Dialate is this song, it would put a closure to the whole Xero era as we know it. (There is also the NBA Inside song, but Im pretty sure its a song we already have.)

9 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

I'm pretty sure that they didn't include any version from the tap.e. Since the crow version is only version with Mark on vocals that could be considered its probably just the same. 99% sure on that.

2 hours ago, 1996_LP said:

I wonder if this Rhinestone is the Zomba music/Crow version that leaked this year?

We dont know for sure its the ONLY version with Mark. But knowing how close the instrumental of The Crow Version is to the Hybrid Theory earliest demo, im pretty sure it was the last they recorded with Mark. Im pretty sure it will be the one we have but im really hoping its something slightly different. 

2 minutes ago, SerioDrew said:

We dont know for sure its the ONLY version with Mark. But knowing how close the instrumental of The Crow Version is to the Hybrid Theory earliest demo, im pretty sure it was the last they recorded with Mark. Im pretty sure it will be the one we have but im really hoping its something slightly different. 

We have two versions we know of that include Mark on vocals. The Xero tape version and the Zomba/Crow version. I dunno but considering that its nigh impossible to make the tape sound good, I personally would say that the Zomba version is the only one that would be that

5 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

We have two versions we know of that include Mark on vocals. The Xero tape version and the Zomba/Crow version. I dunno but considering that its nigh impossible to make the tape sound good, I personally would say that the Zomba version is the only one that would be that

I just wanna put it out there that the Zomba sampler version is the one I used to get the length of Rhinestone before the 20th anniversary release was announced. The audio was recognized from part of that version. So it's very likely that's the version on Forgotten Demos. Would also explain why Mike didn't want it online when we found out about the Zomba sampler.

17 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I just wanna put it out there that the Zomba sampler version is the one I used to get the length of Rhinestone before the 20th anniversary release was announced. The audio was recognized from part of that version. So it's very likely that's the version on Forgotten Demos. Would also explain why Mike didn't want it online when we found out about the Zomba sampler.

Yeah i remember Mike not wanting the Crow version out. Im pretty sure thats the version we are getting in HT20 too, im just hoping its something slightly different and not the EXACT same. 

6 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

where did you get this information?
why the email I sent to support after I made the purchase they told me it is a PR02 full show

they didn't say it was a mixture 🤔

I first heard that on the LPL stream with Mark and Astat, but apparently that info was revealed in a Rolling Stone article about the release.

EDIT: Look at this article. "The third disc, Live Projekt Revolution 2002, will boast an hour of unseen live footage from Las Vegas and San Diego, plus a 45-minute sequel to Frat Party, dubbed The Sequel to the Worst Name We’ve Ever Come Up With, that will boast previously unavailable backstage footage and interviews."

Edited by Justin

Even the trailer says 3 full shows (Fillmore, Rock Am Ring 2001, and the last one has to be PR02). Odd.

30 minutes ago, Justin said:

I first heard that on the LPL stream with Mark and Astat, but apparently that info was revealed in a Rolling Stone article about the release.

It would make sense for it not to be a full show since, if you read the pages on LPL some songs had to be restarted etc

So yeah it would make sense to be replaced with each other.

2 hours ago, rd1994 said:

Even the trailer says 3 full shows (Fillmore, Rock Am Ring 2001, and the last one has to be PR02). Odd.

It would make sense for it not to be a full show since, if you read the pages on LPL some songs had to be restarted etc

So yeah it would make sense to be replaced with each other.

And keep in mind the show in the DVD is only 57 minutes long while every full recordings we have from that tour is around 1 hour and 10 minutes long:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VoPWKqmzfNwnkB5mCasXnPQ-osiSVdk

24 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

And keep in mind the show in the DVD is only 57 minutes long while every full recording we have from that tour is around 1 hour and 10 minutes long:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VoPWKqmzfNwnkB5mCasXnPQ-osiSVdk

Watch them remove all the interesting tracks like Forgotten, My Own Summer, My December, Step Up & By Myself 

😂😂😂😂

As far as the LPU tracks go, this will be the first time we get 3 of those physically, since they were only released digitally for the monthly releases that year, which is nice and also a bit sad for the remaining three.

There are a few nitpicks I have with this, like the missing vinyl on the expensive set, but they are vastly outweighed by what is being offered. There's also some stuff I feel would have been cool to include, but for all I know, some weren't possible. Some of this was mentioned, and this is by no means complaining, but...

• A cassette reissue of the main album. Eminem has some cool ones for his first few albums where the cassette color matches the album and the cover art is lenticular. They already are producing cassettes for the sampler, so it wouldn't have been too out there. LPU 16 even had a lenticular cover, too
  • A Xero reproduction tape could have been cool too since Mark's stuff is being included, but I kinda wonder if they knew the value of some of the OG stuff and didn't want to devalue it (for example, the EP isn't on CD, only vinyl)
  • Blu-ray instead of DVDs would have been nice, I've always wanted Frat Party at the very least in better quality, but if the source material isn't good enough for that, it's understandable. DVD is just kinda out the door at this point, and it's not just this release that I have this gripe with, plenty of releases for other stuff I'm interested in is exclusively DVD, even for modern material
  • Unreleased Reanimation remixes or demos would have been nice since they are including Reanimation in all this. I wouldn't have expected Reanimation in this to begin with, so this is super minor
  • Other iterations of songs we have have unofficially would have been great to finish the collection, which was already mentioned for Part of Me, but there's other like Crawling with Mike's rap (that Forgotten Demos version may cover this though). I also really wish High Voltage would be uncensored, which is also super minor, but we are getting the rock mix of One Step Closer, it's not that out there in my opinion
  • Hybrid Theory instrumentals would have been fantastic

There's always the 25th anniversary!

Also, Points of Authority is 1/8 of this 80 song collection. This is the new Breaking the Habit

14 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

As far as the LPU tracks go, this will be the first time we get 3 of those physically, since they were only released digitally for the monthly releases that year, which is nice and also a bit sad for the remaining three.

There are a few nitpicks I have with this, like the missing vinyl on the expensive set, but they are vastly outweighed by what is being offered. There's also some stuff I feel would have been cool to include, but for all I know, some weren't possible. Some of this was mentioned, and this is by no means complaining, but...

• A cassette reissue of the main album. Eminem has some cool ones for his first few albums where the cassette color matches the album and the cover art is lenticular. They already are producing cassettes for the sampler, so it wouldn't have been too out there. LPU 16 even had a lenticular cover, too
  • A Xero reproduction tape could have been cool too since Mark's stuff is being included, but I kinda wonder if they knew the value of some of the OG stuff and didn't want to devalue it (for example, the EP isn't on CD, only vinyl)
  • Blu-ray instead of DVDs would have been nice, I've always wanted Frat Party at the very least in better quality, but if the source material isn't good enough for that, it's understandable. DVD is just kinda out the door at this point, and it's not just this release that I have this gripe with, plenty of releases for other stuff I'm interested in is exclusively DVD, even for modern material
  • Unreleased Reanimation remixes or demos would have been nice since they are including Reanimation in all this. I wouldn't have expected Reanimation in this to begin with, so this is super minor
  • Other iterations of songs we have have unofficially would have been great to finish the collection, which was already mentioned for Part of Me, but there's other like Crawling with Mike's rap (that Forgotten Demos version may cover this though). I also really wish High Voltage would be uncensored, which is also super minor, but we are getting the rock mix of One Step Closer, it's not that out there in my opinion
  • Hybrid Theory instrumentals would have been fantastic

There's always the 25th anniversary!

Also, Points of Authority is 1/8 of this 80 song collection. This is the new Breaking the Habit

I'm pretty sure the tape is what it is. Someone would have to rip the Xero tape, then remaster that rip. But considering how bad quality even the "HQ" rips on youtube are, its clear why they abandonned that idea
Also I am sure that the video quality is not good enough to warrant a Blu Ray release

That said the Mikes rap version of Crawling is on the Forgotten Demos disc.

4 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

I can't wait to see the look on all of the casual fans faces when they hear Mark Wakefield sing. They will probably have no idea who it is.

That said I doubt "casual" fans are even interested in this. They might buy the 2 CD edition (which has the B-Sides) and thats it.

2 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

That said I doubt "casual" fans are even interested in this. They might buy the 2 CD edition (which has the B-Sides) and thats it.

Oh, so, does that mean, unlike She Couldn't,  the "forgotten demos" are not going to be uploaded on the Linkin Park official YouTube channel?

1 minute ago, berryaaron11 said:

Oh, so, does that mean, unlike She Couldn't,  the "forgotten demos" are not going to be uploaded on the Linkin Park official YouTube channel?

I'm not too sure. But still. I don#t think 'casual' fans are gonna dig that deep. They either know about Mark already or they don't even know stuff with him exists much less that its on YT