Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jFar920 said:
  • A Xero reproduction tape could have been cool too since Mark's stuff is being included, but I kinda wonder if they knew the value of some of the OG stuff and didn't want to devalue it (for example, the EP isn't on CD, only vinyl)

If you mean Hybrid Theory EP, it was rereleased as the first LPU CD. You can easily find the reissue online.

2 minutes ago, SFNL14 said:

If you mean Hybrid Theory EP, it was rereleased as the first LPU CD. You can easily find the reissue online.

I'm pretty sure what he meant is that the HTEP should've been included in this box set on CD. Since even the reissue, while easy to find is super expensive online.

It's not that it should have, it's just strange that it isn't, and that I thought maybe the reasoning is that it's a rare item that they wanted to keep rare, which is why I thought a Xero tape also wouldn't happen, but the issue of quality is also an issue in that case. Theoretically they could have put the better versions on a reproduction, but if what we assume is the case with Fuse is true, that would also be an issue.

Either way, I'm fine with what we got, just some thoughts I had

I thought the only video I'd seen from Projekt Revolution 2002 was One Step Closer from Colorado Springs, but then I realized there was another one, too. So I checked and looked into my files and found My December from Valley Center. I think I think at this point I'm way more excited about the PR '02 DVD than Forgotten Demos!

5 hours ago, NimaLP said:

I thought the only video I'd seen from Projekt Revolution 2002 was One Step Closer from Colorado Springs, but then I realized there was another one, too. So I checked and looked into my files and found My December from Valley Center. I think I think at this point I'm way more excited about the PR '02 DVD than Forgotten Demos!

I'm also looking forward to this PR02 show.

and it will be a complete show, even if it’s a mix between "San Diego and Las Vegas" it will be a full concert

check set list:

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/linkin-park-hybrid-theory-20th-anniversary-details-chester-bennington-preorder/

Is that track list officially confirmed? The site has nothing listed for the DVD track listings and I've heard that the runtime of the 2002 Projekt Revolution show is about 10 minutes shorter than the full-show audience recordings we have from that tour. I wouldn't be surprised to see My Own Summer cut at the very least.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:20 AM, leftshoe18 said:

I preordered it.

Or rather my girlfriend did for me since I was at work. lol

Early birthday present for me!

it really is a great gift friend, congratulations 👍😉

10 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Is that track list officially confirmed? The site has nothing listed for the DVD track listings and I've heard that the runtime of the 2002 Projekt Revolution show is about 10 minutes shorter than the full-show audience recordings we have from that tour. I wouldn't be surprised to see My Own Summer cut at the very least.

the projekt revolution cannot be cut, because the advertising trailler itself says "3 Full Shows"

it would be a mistake to say 3 full concert and soon the PR02 would be cut.

7 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

the projekt revolution cannot be cut, because the advertising trailler itself says "3 Full Shows"

Congratulating someone ona gift TWICE is a bit much right?

Also PR02 ahas been confirmed to come from multipple shows. So I do think the 3 Full shows is kind of a misnomer honestly

Edited by rd1994
forgot stuff

2 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

and it will be a complete show, even if it’s a mix between "San Diego and Las Vegas" it will be a full concert

check set list:

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/linkin-park-hybrid-theory-20th-anniversary-details-chester-bennington-preorder/

Nice, but I just wanted the concerts, not the whole kit. 🤔

4 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

You're consistently taking the phrase "full shows" WAY too literally here. Live in Texas was "full," it was edited together from two shows and missing the intro on the DVD, and 5 songs on the CD. Road to Revolution was "full" and it was missing 3 songs from the main in-order portion of the DVD, and had several songs cut from the CD. If it's long enough to substantially fill a disc as if it was a full show, they're going to call it a full show.

The numbers just don't add up. We have the setlists for both Las Vegas and San Diego, and they played the same headlining set as they typically did all tour. That set was between 65-70 minutes long. Unless the advertised runtime for the DVD is wrong, something HAS to be cut. Probably My Own Summer (cover song), Joe's "blow your mind" solo (samples other music), and one other song.

4 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

The audio tracklist is confirmed by LP and Warner. The DVD tracklist is not confirmed from what we've seen. Whatever this Rock Cellar Magazine is saying is full setlists from Fillmore, Rock am Ring, and Projekt Revolution. The run times for the first 2 match but it looks like PR 02 is going to be a little shorter. It's still a "full show", even with a couple of songs cut.

As Astat said, it's most likely going to be My Own Summer, Joe solo, and something else, unless the shit really self destructed with tech problems or wild fans stopping a song earlier in the set. For example, Runaway looks like an absolute disaster in San Diego so maybe that song is sacrificed (which no one would complain about because we have 1 billion Runaways).

X-Ecutioners are on It's Goin' Down in San Diego. It'd be cool to have. Z-Trip is on it in Vegas and a ton of guests are on One Step Closer. Surely we get something like that. Plus Chester played guitar on that song.

My December would be a REALLY nice one to see since it was full band.

The runtime for the PR show is listed as 58 minutes right? Lets just say My own summer and Joe Solo will be cut and Runaway since it was botched. Lets just round it up to 5 minutes for each song and Joe solo being about 2. That already narrows it down to about 58 minutes if my math is correct (which I doubt since I suck at math)

Edited by rd1994
a word

4 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Someone should check the actual song length from a recording of 2002 

What if without the dead moments and talking we could actually get a real full set?

apart from the three edits we just mentioned we are getting a full set I don't know what you're asking

15 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Someone should check the actual song length from a recording of 2002 

What if without the dead moments and talking we could actually get a real full set?

That's what Astat is saying, the run time is 10 minutes shorter than a full PR02 show. However, there is a 2-3 minute encore break, a Joe solo (1 minute~), and a cover of the Deftones (3-4 mins) in the set. So, it will be without a few things.

10 hours ago, Astat said:

You're consistently taking the phrase "full shows" WAY too literally here. Live in Texas was "full," it was edited together from two shows and missing the intro on the DVD, and 5 songs on the CD. Road to Revolution was "full" and it was missing 3 songs from the main in-order portion of the DVD, and had several songs cut from the CD. If it's long enough to substantially fill a disc as if it was a full show, they're going to call it a full show.

The numbers just don't add up. We have the setlists for both Las Vegas and San Diego, and they played the same headlining set as they typically did all tour. That set was between 65-70 minutes long. Unless the advertised runtime for the DVD is wrong, something HAS to be cut. Probably My Own Summer (cover song), Joe's "blow your mind" solo (samples other music), and one other song.

https://youtu.be/f9OwFC7Eg-g

this show in Uniondale 02 is 1h06min, it's a complete show
the concert will take 58min

this 8 min interval will probably remove "Joe Solo and My Own Summer and probably big stretches between songs, (I believe it is a very electrifying and very direct show)

I dream of a PR02 show for many years, this is a dream come true.

anyway we will have to wait until the release or someone to talk to someone on the LP team, to get this question out (which would be great) lol
to end this doubt doubt lol.

an observation when they play "Step Up" Mike and chester talk about  3:00 min before start Step Up
and in this period Mike interacts with the fans, it will probably be removed what saves time for songs.

so it is an almost certain possibility
that in 58 min and excluding those parts of conversations, breaks and "Joe Solo and My Own Summer"

we will have all the other 14 songs from the Set.
I calculating and thinking here I believe this will be the set:

1. With You
2. Runaway
3. Papercut
4. Points Of Authority
5. Step Up
6. Pushing Me Away
7. In The End
8. A Place For My Head
9. Forgotten
10. It's Goin Down
11. Crawling
12. My December
13. By Myself
14. One Step Closer

official tracklist for all 3 concerts is out:

“PROJEKT REVOLUTION 2002” (unseen live show from Las Vegas/San Diego 2002)
1 With You
2 Runaway
3 Papercut
4 Points of Authority
5 Step Up
6 Pushing Me Away
7 In the End
8 A Place for My Head
9 Forgotten
10 It’s Goin’ Down
11 Crawling
12 My December
13 Joe Hahn Solo
14 By Myself
15 My Own Summer
16 One Step Closer

“THE FILLMORE 2001” (San Francisco)
1 With You
2 Runaway
3 Papercut
4 By Myself
5 Points of Authority
6 High Voltage
7 Crawling
8 Pushing Me Away
9 And One
10 In the End
11 A Place for My Head
12 Forgotten
13 One Step Closer

“ROCK AM RING 2001” (Germany)
1 With You
2 Runaway
3 Papercut
4 By Myself
5 Points of Authority
6 High Voltage
7 Crawling
8 Pushing Me Away
9 And One
10 In the End
11 A Place for My Head
12 Forgotten
13 One Step Closer

23 hours ago, jFar920 said:

this will be the first time we get 3 of those physically, since they were only released digitally for the monthly releases that year, 

Yes and No. We will get those 3 physically, but two of them were edited, they have the length less than 1 minute, so the original full versions of those will still remain digital only.

2 minutes ago, martinez said:

Yes and No. We will get those 3 physically, but two of them were edited, they have the length less than 1 minute, so the original full versions of those will still remain digital only.

I think someone else brought that up earlier (we are at 12 pages now and I don't wanna search for it), but I'm kinda hoping the lengths for those are errors. I know they're instrumental, but there's really no reason to mess with them. If anything, doesn't Grr actually have a longer version that's used in an LPTV?

3 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

I think someone else brought that up earlier (we are at 12 pages now and I don't wanna search for it), but I'm kinda hoping the lengths for those are errors. I know they're instrumental, but there's really no reason to mess with them.

Don't know, Maybe it is an error, maybe Adam can confirm that? We figured out the length for some of those tracks before the pre-order has happened and at least one store confirmed them. Also, I hope Pts.Of.Athrty has incorrect length, if not, we will probably get the single version of it (at this point I'm talking about the version that will be in digital stores, not thephysical/digital version from warner stores).

20 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

https://youtu.be/f9OwFC7Eg-g

this show in Uniondale 02 is 1h06min, it's a complete show
the concert will take 58min

this 8 min interval will probably remove "Joe Solo and My Own Summer and probably big stretches between songs, (I believe it is a very electrifying and very direct show)

I dream of a PR02 show for many years, this is a dream come true.

anyway we will have to wait until the release or someone to talk to someone on the LP team, to get this question out (which would be great) lol
to end this doubt doubt lol.

an observation when they play "Step Up" Mike and chester talk about  3:00 min before start Step Up
and in this period Mike interacts with the fans, it will probably be removed what saves time for songs.

so it is an almost certain possibility
that in 58 min and excluding those parts of conversations, breaks and "Joe Solo and My Own Summer"

we will have all the other 14 songs from the Set.
I calculating and thinking here I believe this will be the set:

1. With You
2. Runaway
3. Papercut
4. Points Of Authority
5. Step Up
6. Pushing Me Away
7. In The End
8. A Place For My Head
9. Forgotten
10. It's Goin Down
11. Crawling
12. My December
13. By Myself
14. One Step Closer

LP NEVER cuts banter from the Shows. Live In Texas. Road to Revolution, HT LIve at Download ALL have banter. So to me it likely is an error at this point

14 hours ago, martinez said:

Don't know, Maybe it is an error, maybe Adam can confirm that? We figured out the length for some of those tracks before the pre-order has happened and at least one store confirmed them. Also, I hope Pts.Of.Athrty has incorrect length, if not, we will probably get the single version of it (at this point I'm talking about the version that will be in digital stores, not thephysical/digital version from warner stores).

I have decided to contact Adam via Twitter,

7 hours ago, hahninator said:

We can wait for the tracklisting times and tracklist so we have something to talk about between now and October, but martinez you're sure the DVD tracklisting you got is legit? That's a complete show, all 16 tracks.

Looks like a copy/paste from this link:

On 8/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, Hybridtheory said:

check set list: