Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

3 hours ago, martinez said:

Well, that's not true. You see they are using a Hi-Res 24-bit as a source quality for the vinyls, the same source usually goes for digital platforms that sells/stream music in Hi-Res quality. And HTEP disc is one of those included on HT20 that is available on HDtracks in Hi-Res quality, there are very noticeable differences in mastering and both both gentleman's are mentioned in the credits for songs from HTEP. So yeah at least they are releasing the same files digitally.

My mistake.

The box doesn't have a separate credit for the digital masters as far as I can tell, just Gardner for the vinyl specifically. Are you saying the hi-res files are mastered differently from Kraus's 2001 remaster, or just different from Gardner's vinyl master? If it's a third, distinct master from the 2001 remaster and the vinyl (discarding the 1999 original master that doesn't seem to be a factor here), then he could maybe be credited as a legacy thing, and you'd have to ask, I don't know, LP's publicist or the legal team at Warner why his credit is still in there and why the person who did the new master for digital isn't credited. No one here is going to have the answer, in that case.

Edited by gorast

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone that is extremely in touch with this mastering situation with LP songs (current and old, like HTEP) is Mike himself. He can really speak to the details on this. Not sure how we'd get this to him but he can really answer your question because he's so involved in this stuff.