Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FLAME-XIII said:

Meteora is shorter, but was released as double vinyl

Huge waste of wax. I've never ever understood why they did that, either with the original release or the reissue.

Either way, any reissues would go with the original format, so 2LP was never in the cards for this one.

13 minutes ago, GlassCastles said:

Copped it for ~$140 on Amazon UK. I'll take getting it a week later for a $60 discount

Wow thanks for the tip, I'm doing the same!

EDIT: I'm not sure that's how it works actually, the info seems sort of incomplete. The picture is the super deluxe, but it says 1 disc, has an option to go with CD instead, etc. I'm not feeling confident that it's the boxset...

Edited by YRQRM0

Amazing release. Instantly bought the super deluxe box, was a nobrainer with this iconic album and amazing band. Still have regrets not getting the biggest ATS box 10 years ago....

Also love how they went with She Couldnt as a sort of lead single. Great song that shows a real Hybrid side to Linkin Park. 

1 minute ago, eXoBlackOut said:

Amazing release. Instantly bought the super deluxe box, was a nobrainer with this iconic album and amazing band. Still have regrets not getting the biggest ATS box 10 years ago....

Also love how they went with She Couldnt as a sort of lead single. Great song that shows a real Hybrid side to Linkin Park. 

I got the ATS deluxe boxset last year, lucky me.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Copped it from Amazon. Much cheaper for some reason. Really hope its the proper super deluxe box as the image suggests. It's much more expensive than the standard vinyl box anyway so should be...

I feel like this was our chance to get the infamous Team Sleep remix of My December, so I wonder if we'll ever get that at this stage!

Hyped af on this box set though. Makes me feel a bit old to see a commemorative reissue boxset for something that was released initially in my lifetime haha.

3 minutes ago, eXoBlackOut said:

It's still available here and there so nothing is lost ;)

Vinyl is such a big draw for me, especially missing Reanimation, that I’m trying to decide if the deluxe is worth it verses the vinyl boxset, and then seeing if the demos hit something like HDTracks in October. The box looks amazing, but I have to consider how much I really value CDs.

For me, it feels like a toss up between the EP at five exclusive songs (given “Step Up” shows up on both) versus ten, with some of the stuff that absolutely got me into the band via the In The End: Live & Rare EP. Though considering sacrificing “And One” in my collection feels pretty shitty lol.

I’m also curious if the EP will still feature the noise after Part of Me and the hidden track. You can probably do the 28/29 minutes on one side, but that’s tight versus 18/19, which would be a lot better in terms of fidelity.

Edited by letdownagain

Album 3: B-Sides & Rarities

Side A:

01. One Step Closer (Rock Mix)

02. It's Goin' Down (The X-ecutioners feat Mike Shinoda & Mr. Hahn)

03. Papercut (Live from the BBC)

04. In The End (Live BBC Radio One)

05. Points Of Authority (Live BBC Radio One)

06. High Voltage

Side B:

07. Step Up (1999 Demo)

08. My December

09. A Place For My Head (Live at Docklands Arena, London)

10. Points Of Authority (Live at Docklands Arena, London)

11. Papercut (Live at Docklands Arena, London)

12. Buy Myself Remix (Marilyn Manson)

From The Sound of Vinyl: https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Hybrid-Theory-20th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Box-Set/6NPE0000000

3 minutes ago, letdownagain said:

Vinyl is such a big draw for me, especially missing Reanimation, that I’m trying to decide if the deluxe is worth it verses the vinyl boxset, and then seeing if the demos hit something like HDTracks in October. The box looks amazing, but I have to consider how much I really value CDs.

For me, it feels like a toss up between the EP at five exclusive songs (given “Step Up” shows up on both) versus ten, with some of the stuff that absolutely got me into the band via the In The End: Live & Rare EP.

I’m also curious if the EP will still feature the noise after Part of Me and the hidden track. You can probably do the 28/29 minutes on one side, but that’s tight versus 18/19, which would be a lot better in terms of fidelity.

I think there could be, at most, a few seconds of the static before the hidden track starts. 29 minutes on one side without speeding up the tracks themselves would sound awful, I think. That, or they cut the hidden track entirely, which feels like the worst option, lol.

Actually, has it been confirmed that HTEP is one-sided? I know I saw that somewhere, that the other side is etched, but it's not on the anniversary website. If it's 2 sides then there's no problem.

Edited by gorast

4 minutes ago, gorast said:

I think there could be, at most, a few seconds of the static before the hidden track starts. 29 minutes on one side without speeding up the tracks themselves would sound awful, I think. That, or they cut the hidden track entirely, which feels like the worst option, lol.

Actually, has it been confirmed that HTEP is one-sided? I know I saw that somewhere, that the other side is etched, but it's not on the anniversary website. If it's 2 sides then there's no problem.

If it is two sides, then no problem at all. 

Missing the instrumental hidden track would be the worst option, but then they could actually do the static of Part of Me as an inner groove loop.

8 minutes ago, nimitron said:

Hoping the amazon link is the super deluxe! but I doubt it, are the other links  websites that charge on dispatch?  Might be worth having  a back up somewhere

Interestingly if you search the product code from here https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Hybrid-Theory-20th-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Box-Set/6NPG0000000

(0093624893240)

On amazon, the box set does come up at that cheaper price, not sure what significance that has

37 minutes ago, Igussek said:

still available here and there so nothing is lost

Where do you mean?

53 minutes ago, FLAME-XIII said:

Hybrid Theory's only 39 minutes, there's no reason to spread it across two records unless you speed up the RPM to 45.

With the B-Sides & Rarities LP it is kinda a double LP IMO with the B-Sides being on Sides C and D