"Until It's Gone" - Zane Lowe - May 5

Stranger

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an instrumental I enjoyed that, I was worried how cliched the lyrics would be as soon as I heard the title/reviews but I suppose you'll always have that given it's a single.

It's not an incredible song, and I've noticed over the years I'm normally VERY pessimistic/underwhelmed when I first hear LP songs so considering all that, I think this is alright.

Also, not since Meteora (perhaps MTM) have the singles from an album been my favourite tracks on the record so I'm just looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Holding off because listening to a single always makes the first listen to a CD weird for me. I've had a hard time describing it but for a lot of first and second singles that are released before a CD drops, I rarely ever listen to them when I play a CD start-to-finish. ATS is an exception since it's a concept album but I've constantly skipped the studio versions of Somewhere I Belong, What I've Done, BID, etc for years. Nothing wrong with the songs but it's odd to be so familiar with a song or two before a CD drops when the rest of the CD is 100% foreign.

I love Guilty All The Same so I'll wait for the other 11 songs in June :)

The lyrics are very weak. It's like something I could come up with with my limited English skills.

Also Chester sounds pretty weird in my opinion. I definitely prefer GATS so far.

I suggest listening to the lyric video. First it's looks really awesome!! Second, I think we naturally latch onto the "Until It's Gone" parts because we knew those would be lyrics. It sounded better to me when I could see what the other lyrics were. It might just be me though.

WHOAH that sounded TOTALLY different to anything they've ever done, I LOVE it!

I don't know about that, this song kind of reminds me of a heavier MTM track. This is a really good song, though. I like it a lot. The melodies are great and the synth is probably my favorite part of the track.

Holding off because listening to a single always makes the first listen to a CD weird for me. I've had a hard time describing it but for a lot of first and second singles that are released before a CD drops, I rarely ever listen to them when I play a CD start-to-finish. ATS is an exception since it's a concept album but I've constantly skipped the studio versions of Somewhere I Belong, What I've Done, BID, etc for years. Nothing wrong with the songs but it's odd to be so familiar with a song or two before a CD drops when the rest of the CD is 100% foreign.

I love Guilty All The Same so I'll wait for the other 11 songs in June :)

I still don't know how you do that. Hahahah. Pretty hard to wait for the whole disc.

I suggest listening to the lyric video. First it's looks really awesome!! Second, I think we naturally latch onto the "Until It's Gone" parts because we knew those would be lyrics. It sounded better to me when I could see what the other lyrics were. It might just be me though.

It was the same for me. After the premiere I was a bit confused whether I found it too repeative or not

I'm not really feeling this one. Sounds like your typical by the numbers radio friendly LP song. I think what makes my disappointment worse was all the shit that Mike has been talking in the media. He's been hyping up the record to be loud and aggressive while slamming the music being played on the radio and then they go and release a song like this. I guess it didn't help that LPA hyped this song up to be some grand opus. Mike was right about one thing though, this ain't a Meshuggah or Botch record so far.

This is exactly what i did not want to hear. I hope Guilty All the Same is not the outlier of the album.

UiG sounds like a song from Living Things in my opinion, and Living Things sucked...