"Until It's Gone" - Zane Lowe - May 5

Stranger

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the reviews from the sampler given to some people describe this as a mid tempo track with softer vocals from Chester. So... Idk why everyone in this thread seemed to be expecting a blistering fast paced hardcore song. Just because Mike said the album was heavy didn't mean there was not going to be ANY songs that brought the pace down a bit. Even bands who are known for heavy music usually have at least one slower, softer sounding song.

The problem isn't that it's soft. It's the cliche and repetitive lyrics.

The problem isn't that it's soft. It's the cliche and repetitive lyrics.

I mean we knew the chorus from the review. I expected it. I'm not saying it's not cringe worthy, it is. It's just that everyone seems shocked lol. I don't expect this song to do well in the charts, but it's not a completely "bad" song. I think the vocal melodies themselves are great and catchy, lyrics aside.

As expected the song is growing on me already, hearing more layers now that we have a high quality Spotify version, the individual instruments/vocals etc are more noticeable/separable (for example there seem to be some backing vocals that I hadn't picked up earlier)

And yes, cool outro as someone mentioned. I think this is a "solid" track but with all the hype surrounding the album I guess we expected more. This song to me sounds like it would be great in a movie, I thought of Transformers straight away but I don't know if they've announced yet whether they're even making a song for the new film/whether it'll be a song from the album.

Also, I'd imagine the outro is the intro to another song which sounds awesome!

EDIT: the outro sounds awesome!!! Really excited to see/hear what that's all about.

Edited by rusnam

As for my thoughts on the song...I REALLY like this one instrumentally, but I still stand by my original statement that writing a rock song around a phrase as cliché as "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" in 2014 is cringe-worthy. Worst chorus on a Linkin Park song since Numb, and the rest of the lyrics aren't much better. Chester also sounds really strained again in spots on this one, particularly the part right before the second chorus.

Yeah, that pretty much sums my opinion. instrumentally it's really good, flows well, and you can really get into it, I wasn't expecting any heavier for this one. Also, I agree that that phrase is way too cliché for being in a chorus nowadays, but I think my main complain about the chorus is that isn't that catchy. If this is the radio friendly single of the album, then it should had been, after all, the purpose of a single like that is to stick the lyrics onto people's head.

Anyway, I think it's pretty interesting the direction they're taking, by the 2 singles that they've released. Feels like the natural step to the band after all the albums they've made.

Really, nobody has seen this?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-hunti...rty/id873395041

Show some tracks lengths:

Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim) - 5:55

Wastelands - 3:15

Until It's Gone - 3:53

Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian) - 3:44

Final Masquerade - 3:37

And I thought something was wrong with my version of UIG, 'cause has an outro with some synth effects and a baby crying, but it's part of the song and I think it's part of Rebellion.

Edited by MacGyver

Lots of negative reactions, wow. Not what I thought the LP fanbase would be dishing out. But hey, if it's pop and it's not rock then that's expected.

Anyone remember when this happened? This is the last time I have seen every inch of the LP fanbase shit their pants at the same time over a new song. QWERTY did it too. But this...holy shit. Every forum exploded lol. NMS will never sound "normal" to me on MTM due to how much I played this video.

Really, nobody has seen this?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-hunti...rty/id873395041

Show some tracks lengths:

Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim) - 5:55

Wastelands - 3:15

Until It's Gone - 3:53

Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian) - 3:44

Final Masquerade - 3:37

And I thought something was wrong with my version of UIG, 'cause has an outro with some synth effects and a baby crying, but it's part of the song and I think it's part of Rebellion.

I already mentioned bout UIG outro earlier. Sounds like a hip-hop beats (reminds me of "And One" outro) and baby's crying which lead to "Rebellion". Can't wait to hear "Rebellion"! :)

Regarding LFY vs. SOTD:

I think some of you are getting caught up in the fact that LFY is on Meteora and SOTD is on MTM. SOTD is incredibly simplistic lyrically, and while it's got a great instrumental track, LFY is just as interesting. Plus, it does have better lyrics, IMO.

It's not a matter of hard vs soft for me - LFY is more interesting. Distilling it down to "nu-metal sux alternative rock is top tier" is elitist and stupid on both sides.

That's the attitude of a lot of people, sadly.

So so true. And after 6 albums it's just getting slightly annoying that people are still saying bring back the HT and Meteora days. Its not going to happen.