"Until It's Gone" - Zane Lowe - May 5

Stranger

I love all LP albums. From Hybrid Theory to Living Things. To me, when i heard Hybrid Theory is was 12 at the time, and i was "What The Fuck is this??" (In a good way) Back then i've never heard something like that. Fast forward till now, even though i don't play it that much, i've grown with the band album releases, im open minded to hear what they'll offer.

I'm not gonna say, "oh that album sucks (insert name... is better).

Exit the Bitchfest people, there are no bands even playing at Bitchfest 2014!

Just fans verbally fighting eachother. Who pays a ticket to see that?

Edited by Jawnson

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song sounds like what everyone was expecting after Meteora. Sounds like it was too heavy to make the "Living Things" Cut. The instrumental is awesome. I dont know why everyone expected a super heavy fast thrash single after GTAS. It is pretty heavy on a rock ballad side. The lyrics are of course terrible. I've never said that about any LP song but the cliche' i dunno.

The song would have been better if there was a bridge. Right after the guitar riff, you would expect to hear the bridge lyrics, but disappoints with the chorus lyrics repeating softly.

Definitely a radio song. I like Until It's Gone, but not digging the synth and repeating lyrics.

Everyone is complaining about Numb. Numb is a lot better than Until It's Gone. Lyrically and instrumentally.

UIG in THP seems to be pretty much like ITE in HT, ITE was the second softest song of HT, but still a bit heavy, I think UIG is pretty much alike.

Ok, I just don't get why LP fans are expecting a metal album when LP have never made anything that sounds like metal, not even GATS at all.

We expect it because it's been said it's gonna be really heavy. "LP have never made anything that sounds like metal", looks like you don't even know what metal is.

I cant believe this song actually features a baby laugh at the end.

The next song is called Rebellion, and it features Daron Malakian from System Of A Down, I guess that's why.

UIG in THP seems to be pretty much like ITE in HT, ITE was the second softest song of HT, but still a bit heavy, I think UIG is pretty much alike.

We expect it because it's been said it's gonna be really heavy. "LP have never made anything that sounds like metal", looks like you don't even know what metal is.

The next song is called Rebellion, and it features Daron Malakian from System Of A Down, I guess that's why.

Dude, listen to some metal bands. Classic metal or current metal. LP has barely ever scratched the surface. No More Sorrow and Guilty All The Same are probably the only tracks I can think of that are close. I don't call songs like Given Up or stuff from Hybrid Theory or Meteora actual metal music, maybe you do though, which is ok.

Dude, listen to some metal bands. Classic metal or current metal. LP has barely ever scratched the surface. No More Sorrow and Guilty All The Same are probably the only tracks I can think of that are close. I don't call songs like Given Up or stuff from Hybrid Theory or Meteora actual metal music, maybe you do though, which is ok.

Looks like we have different definition of metal :)

Im sure its already been said, and im not going to change anyone's mind, but the song is good. Not great but good. Catchy, good melody, really good instrumental. Its is not a soft pop song like so many people are accusing. It also isn't misleading because of what mike Shinoda said. I think it fits into his descriptions perfectly. Compare this to over 2/3 of living things, or all of current mainstream rock, and it whipes the floor with it

Looks like we have different definition of metal Posted Image

Really, who cares about genres. If you don't like the song, you don't like the song and that's it. What someone likes or not not depends on genres, it is just your own music taste.

@OT : I hate the bitching here, it is really annoying to read the same complains everytime. Let the band do what they want or listen Meteora and HT and get lucky.

Can't we dislike or like a song without criticize them, what they have done ? There is no need to discuss, I hear the guitars in UIG, I feel the heavyness. It is one of the heavier songs that we got compared to the past years.

I don't get what some people here want by the band.

Really, who cares about genres. If you don't like the song, you don't like the song and that's it. What someone likes or not not depends on genres, it is just your own music taste.

@OT : I hate the bitching here, it is really annoying to read the same complains everytime. Let the band do what they want or listen Meteora and HT and get lucky.

Can't we dislike or like a song without criticize them, what they have done ? There is no need to discuss, I hear the guitars in UIG, I feel the heavyness. It is one of the heavier songs that we got compared to the past years.

I don't get what some people here want by the band.

Some people like it some don't, and we discuss it, that's what forums like that are for. If everyone would say "I like it" or "I don't like it", without discussing it, the topic would be dead after 1 hour after the premiere, and it would be boring. You know you don't need to read that you don't like? so let people criticize as much as they want, because that's what forums are partially for.

The song is fine, I liked the instrumental more than the lyrics (lyric video is nice)

I prefer GATS over this one but I'm excited to hear live both this month

In the other hand, was fun to listen the last part of UIG .. wondering how the transition will fit on Rebellion

lyrics are absolutely terrible, but they want to be on the radio so that explains that

Having a radio friendly song doesn't necessary mean it has to have terrible lyrics.

Song has settle just a tad more than yesterday, but I don't think any more listens will improve the overall quality to me. It's a shame that the pre-chorus/chorus lyrics are so weak because the rest of the songs' lyrics aren't bad at all. Chester's delivery isn't that special either. The inconsistent vocal pattern for the choruses and screaming outro really don't hit home. The song in general seems to contradict what the band has been claiming they've been aiming to do with THP. GATS makes sense, but UIG seems like it could have easily been thrown onto LT and been in a better place based on what they claim THP will be like. In my opinion, I honestly think they rushed UIG & GATS. Both lyrics are sub-par at best, and that's saying something for LP. Given that those 2 were mixed and mastered for the private listenings as opposed to the rest of the album, I hope that means they put more effort and originality into it. All and all, would never judge an album off the first 2 tracks, but they're not off to a great start.

Edited by Erockk2121

I have listened to this around 20 times now. I really enjoy it, and i think it's better than GATS. But this comes from guy, whose favorite album by LP is ATS. I really love, what they did with the synth sounds on this. It really hits you with a "wall of electronics", and this song has some of the best atmosphere ever in a LP song. I dont get all the complaining of this not being "rock", and "this is not the way to change rock". I think UIG is exactly what modern "mainstream" rock needs, this song has something for every kind of fan. Anyways overall i really enjoy this song, i agree that the lyrics are kinda "meh", but i do really love the line "‘Cause finding what you’ve got

Sometimes means finding it alone

Score: 8/10 great song. I would rate GATS 7/10 BTW