"Until It's Gone" - Zane Lowe - May 5

Stranger

LP fans get butthurt when it doesn't sound like Hybrid Theory or anything remotely close to it. That is why people hate it. If you can even call them fans.

Sometimes, I don't know what to do about you.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Song sounds like it belongs on LT, much more that style than GATS. I definitely prefer GATS but I don't think this is a bad song at all. If this is as soft as it gets then we're in for some great shit on this record.

Seems like this song goes right with the likes of Burn It Down, What I've Done, ect. They need a radio friendly "hit" to stay relevant in the mainstream.

I have some mixed feelings about Until It's Gone.

I think that it's a good song. I think that the structure is good and the sound is tight.

That being said, I don't think that this song will have much replay value for me. It does feel quite repetitive. There is nothing hard hitting for me.

I adore the extended outro / Rebellion intro. This may reflect where I am at musically right now. The outro / intro has the Mike Shinoda sound.

All in all, I personally feel that it's a sleek rock song with a pop structure.

Some people like it some don't, and we discuss it, that's what forums like that are for. If everyone would say "I like it" or "I don't like it", without discussing it, the topic would be dead after 1 hour after the premiere, and it would be boring. You know you don't need to read that you don't like? so let people criticize as much as they want, because that's what forums are partially for.

Yeah, but you have to admit that "bitching" and to have a opinion that comes up with reasonable arguments are two different things. Put the hate in something because of disapointment is not discussing. I can understand if some people don't like a song, but I can't understand when people getting upset because a song doesn't hit their music taste, it is not the band fault, you know. Moreover we speak about LP, if someone don't realsize that you can't really expect something by the band then you are fan of the wrong band, sorry.

LP started with MTM to branch their music, but some don't get this and that my friend pisses me of.

Yeah, but you have to admit that "bitching" and to have a opinion that comes up with reasonable arguments are two different things. Put the hate in something because of disapointment is not discussing. I can understand if some people don't like a song, but I can't understand when people getting upset because a song doesn't hit their music taste, it is not the band fault, you know.

First of all, if someone was expected to something (it doesn't even matter why he has expected it) and he got something different - he's disappointed. He came here and share his disappointment, I can't understand what's wrong with that or how is that "bitching".

Secondly sometimes people are impulsive and they're just saying what they think at the moment - some of them are even going to change their opinion after hours, days, weeks or months - but you can't put logic over people feelings. And feelings definitely doesn't "comes up with reasonable arguments" like you said.

Not everybody are musically educated, some people just divide their music by "I like it", "I don't like it" and "it's ok", and nothing is wrong with that.

Unfortunately, my first impressions on my return have not been great. I have been watching the release for Until It's Gone go down on the '"Until It's Gone" - Zane Lowe - May 5' topic and it has been really disheartening to see some really negative stuff going down in there. Many people have forgotten that there are no right or wrong answers for a personal opinion for a song. There is still negative talk about previous Linkin Park albums as well. This was around when I last visited, but it's upsetting to see that the community has still not moved past it.

Moreover we speak about LP, if someone don't realsize that you can't really expect something by the band then you are fan of the wrong band, sorry.

I hate the bitching here, it is really annoying to read the same complains everytime.

Exactly, the band changed their style, but you read the same complains, why? Because LP has so many genres and combinations in their songs, so the people who are listening to LP are very different from each other.

Some listening to metal, some to mainstream rock, some like nu-metal, some like rap and hip-hop and some like electronic music. Everyone wants the band to pull it a little bit to his "side", I'm totally agree that no one should say what kind of music the band should play, but it's understandable why they want it or think like that.

Everytime that the band released a new album, the reactions were splitted to three or four groups, nothing shouldn't be different this time.

Now that I listened to UIG in a decent quality a few times I have to say I like it a lot. Lyrics might be a bit repetitive but I don't care.

Looking forward to hearing it live. I think the song will be a great live song.

LP fans get butthurt when it doesn't sound like Hybrid Theory or anything remotely close to it. That is why people hate it. If you can even call them fans.

In this case, UIG doesn't sound like anything else on the album and it's an outlier. It has a totally different "genre" to it. People are disappointed for that reason. You don't have to be a fan of everything LP does - if you like every single thing they do or put out then that's called either being really lucky with your tastes, or being a fanboy/girl.

In this case, UIG doesn't sound like anything else on the album and it's an outlier. It has a totally different "genre" to it. People are disappointed for that reason. You don't have to be a fan of everything LP does - if you like every single thing they do or put out then that's called either being really lucky with your tastes, or being a fanboy/girl.

I guess I am a fanboy then, because I literally do love everything the band releases, I can't say that for any other band. And it's not that I only listen to LP, I listen to other artists and bands too, it's just I don't like everything they do. I even love all of LP's members side projects, etc.

i would have liked this song better if the lyrics didn't suck donkey ****, but instrumentally it's really solid catchy track.

I hate the electronic EDM level part that happens for like two secs, pretty lame but other than that good.

• 3 weeks later...