World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the instrumental in the trailer, surprisingly enough. I can definitely see the comparisons to WID musically and rationally. With this being Transformers 2 and WID being basically the lead song for T1, I am kinda considering this a "song sequel" if you will. I like the drumming and the guitar rhythm.

However, the vocal snippet is terrible and nothing but electronic-pop-rock. Definitely won't make any final judgments until Monday and then I probably really won't know till about a month after listening to the track many times to really feel it. I think it will be a good track, but nothing mind-blowing (lyrics are mediocre from what I can tell already, I'm not sure what Chester is smoking when he bragged on them so much).

I like the instrumental in the trailer, surprisingly enough. I can definitely see the comparisons to WID musically and rationally. With this being Transformers 2 and WID being basically the lead song for T1, I am kinda considering this a "song sequel" if you will. I like the drumming and the guitar rhythm.

However, the vocal snippet is terrible and nothing but electronic-pop-rock. Definitely won't make any final judgments until Monday and then I probably really won't know till about a month after listening to the track many times to really feel it. I think it will be a good track, but nothing mind-blowing (lyrics are mediocre from what I can tell already, I'm not sure what Chester is smoking when he bragged on them so much).

you must be a crazy good song writer than if you are criticizing lp's lyrics wow haha can i see some of your work id really like to listen to it. and even if it is similar to what ive done...what ive done was a great song and one of the best from mtm so there is nothing wrong with it being similar. and no one cares if you have to listen to it for a month..no one is going to be waiting for your critic of the song. im not trying to be mean or an asshole here im just trying to say that everyone enjoys different things. its not electric pop rock. that is the worst title ive ever heard someone name linkin park...everyone is tired of these linkin park haters

Please be nice and friendly guys ;)

You guys should really stop judging the song just from the snippets, it's like judging a movie just from the trailer. This reminds me so much of the people who are like "I heard this movie blows. I haven't seen it, people told me, I know it blows".

And also, just cause Chester sings it doesn't mean he wrote the lyrics. Maybe it was just Mike or both of them.

The WID snippets back then sound so fuckin bad, like this one, calm down guys and wait for the entire song to be released.

you must be a crazy good song writer than if you are criticizing lp's lyrics wow haha can i see some of your work id really like to listen to it. and even if it is similar to what ive done...what ive done was a great song and one of the best from mtm so there is nothing wrong with it being similar. and no one cares if you have to listen to it for a month..no one is going to be waiting for your critic of the song. im not trying to be mean or an asshole here im just trying to say that everyone enjoys different things. its not electric pop rock. that is the worst title ive ever heard someone name linkin park...everyone is tired of these linkin park haters

Amen

^^ Alright alright guys...let's keep it friendly please. Opinions are just that...opinions. And everyone's entitled to their own opinion without being bashed. And please check and read the thread before posting in case "new" info you might be posting has already been posted. Thanks!

I can't tell if the clip with vocals is DBS or New Divide...I think it's New Divide but I can't tell. I like it a lot though, and I really can't wait for Monday. I overplayed that clip already today, so I refuse to listen to anymore clips until the whole song comes out so I don't ruin the experience.

I can't tell if the clip with vocals is DBS or New Divide...I think it's New Divide but I can't tell. I like it a lot though, and I really can't wait for Monday. I overplayed that clip already today, so I refuse to listen to anymore clips until the whole song comes out so I don't ruin the experience.

yea i remember i overplayed the what ive done intro and then the song wasnt as surprising and i wish i didnt...

so i thought i would stop listening and now lp put the intro on their myspace and i wanna keep listening haha

Hey really c'mon, you don't have to be a song writer to judge songtexts especially because it's everyones own opinion how he feels while hearing this lyrics and if they are good or bad. It's the same with every kind of art, nobody can say you're stupid because your opinion is not mine or something...

And I also said the !vocal snippet! sounds like electronic-pop-rock . It's just what I hear when I listen to it and I can really understand Prestons opinion. And I'm NO Linkin Park hater, they are my favourite Band. But I'm also a musician and I don't just listen to their songs because they are by Linkin Park .

Im sure Preston is no LP hater either so be carefull what you say about other people just because you don't aggree with their opinion.

The intro is sick and the bridge vocals are growing on me. Seems like it'll be a good song.

Interesting you point out "bridge vocals", i hope they are and not the chorus, because I cant see people falling in love with that as a chorus... there is not really a hook.

Interesting you point out "bridge vocals", i hope they are and not the chorus, because I cant see people falling in love with that as a chorus... there is not really a hook.

Yeah I don't think that's the chorus according to the lyrics sheet we saw. The song vocals kind of remind me rock roll cant hip hop like this , Chester has the same kind of tone.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens