World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what time?

yeah thats what i meant when i asked that, should have been more clear i think :rolleyes:

You can email Apple if you really want to know, why do you think that someone here would know??? Adam, maybe, but I'm sure that if he does know, he can't tell us.... Use some common sense.................

I can hear it's not them for gods sake. I just said it sounded awesome, implying that it would be a nice direction for Linkin Park to go, compared to what I think of the direction it sounds like they have taken with New Divide.

Sorry - Back on topic, just had to defend myself.

what are you talking about? the direction? This is for the movie, not the album.

If iTunes do release the song midnight in UK, some user on this forum might just have a link to an unprotected version of the song download in his sig. Haha reminds me of the LPF days!

Mark I'd suggest you be online at 00:00 GMT if you want some New Divide MSN action (provided it's released)

Wow eng14ine, thanks for your kind, warm, friendly service!

iTunes often release songs 00:00 on release date if what I'm basing it off is significant.

Your welcome, and its eng42ine, kthx

thanks wilderness, thats what i was wondering. i know theres a certain time i just forgot what it was

dont worry engine guy i wont ask anymore questions

All I ask is that people use common sense, LP or Warner can tell iTunes to release it at whatever time they would like, so it could be midnight AUS time, or it could be 1500 PST, we just don't know.

If iTunes do release the song midnight in UK, some user on this forum might just have a link to an unprotected version of the song download in his sig. Haha reminds me of the LPF days!

Which would be against site rules, although I'm sure that it will be all over the usual sites as soon as someone can up it somewhere...

Edited by eng42ine

And I respect that, as long as you respect that not everyone knows how this sort of business works. It's nothing to do with common sense.

Edit - the way we used to do it on LPF was put a link in your sig and say something like "If you don't want this song, don't click this link" and the mods were fine with it. Maybe Mark would accept that.

Edited by Wilderness

And I respect that, as long as you respect that not everyone knows how this sort of business works. It's nothing to do with common sense.

Edit - the way we used to do it on LPF was put a link in your sig and say something like "If you don't want this song, don't click this link" and the mods were fine with it. Maybe Mark would accept that.

I would PM him or contact him another way to ask and see if thats ok, theres no reason to get warned or otherwise punished if it can be avoided.

I would PM him or contact him another way to ask and see if thats ok, theres no reason to get warned or otherwise punished if it can be avoided.

Agreed.

I can tell you that the staff have already discussed this before and we won't allow people to post links to official tracks *by anyone* on this site. I would therefore assume that this extends to the links in peoples signatures.

It's a very thin line we walk on this site and the less we can do to bring attention to ourselves in the eyes of LP, their management and/or label, the better.

Well as always I'll follow the rules, but I wouldn't mind putting a lowered quality version hidden on YouTube and give the link via msn. Hopefully this will encourage more purchases.

That... We can't stop you from doing. :lol:

As far as encouraging more purchases? Well, let's not go crazy or anything. Many would much rather rip a lower quality version from YT than pay the 99 cents on iTunes for it.

what are you talking about? the direction? This is for the movie, not the album.

I know it's just one song, but that one song still has a direction. You can't just ignore this song and forgive it for being bad, just because it's for a movie. And every song you put out is a statement, if LP put out a song like this today, it might be a preperation for whats to come, even though I don't believe that.

Edited by Fleur de Lys