World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being Australian but what time zone are we speaking in? so i can listen online... i hope :P (unless us radcore kids over here get it on Nova or some other shitty mediocre station)

EDIT:

For us AEST kids (is daylight saving still going?) its 10:00 am on Tuesday. So if its a worldwide release on Monday then it looks like we will be getting it first. maybe. ill call up a few stations and ask around.

EDIT EDIT:

I just got confirmation that Nova 1069 (Brisbane) WILL be playing New Divide sometime on Monday in Australia (+10 gmt) so we hear it first :P

Edited by AusNeil

:( i cant get Kroq on australian radio :( i will have to wait for someone to put it on youtube or something

neither can i. its called the internet. and if they dont allow Australian IP address's to listen in then use an american proxy site.

EDIT:

Check my post up for times in Australian EST

Edited by AusNeil

Sorry for being Australian but what time zone are we speaking in? so i can listen online... i hope :P (unless us radcore kids over here get it on Nova or some other shitty mediocre station)

EDIT:

For us AEST kids (is daylight saving still going?) its 10:00 am on Tuesday. So if its a worldwide release on Monday then it looks like we will be getting it first. maybe. ill call up a few stations and ask around.

EDIT EDIT:

I just got confirmation that Nova 1069 (Brisbane) WILL be playing New Divide sometime on Monday in Australia (+10 gmt) so we hear it first :P

You think it will be the same for Nova 969 In Sydney??? around what time?

EDIT: How did you find out. was it on a site or something. I wouldn't mind doing some research and ring up stations.

Edited by Peryman

Posted Image

The designs of LP.com and LP's Myspace were changed to the New Divide artwork.

A 30 sec snippet of New Divide from Cannes.

From MySpace:

"Linkin Park are giving you a small glimpse into the making of “New Divide,” their new song for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The track is available on iTunes beginning May 18, but you can watch the trailer and get a taste *HERE*!"

Thoughts? Let's hear 'em LPL! Thanks to Yass and AudioNick for the heads up!

Noisecreep scored an interview with Mike Shinoda. He discusses New Divide, The New LP Album and more. Check it out here.

"The track is slated for a worldwide radio premiere on May 18 and will be available for purchase on iTunes immediately thereafter. It will also appear on the Warner Bros. Records soundtrack album, which drops June 23."

From Mike Shinoda's blog:

"Also, we're shooting the video for New Divide today. I'll have some pictures up from the shoot shortly. Joe is directing, and we're doing the video in a cave in Egypt."

Snippets:

Vocal snippet from 107.7 The End | Rapidshare |

Intro from Myspace | Rapidshare | Speedyshare |

From myspace:

"Linkin Park are giving you a small glimpse into the making of “New Divide,” their new song for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The track is available on iTunes beginning May 18, but you can watch the trailer and get a taste HERE!"

Link:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=57320984

I could have given a better explanation but I was in a rush and got very excited!

what appears to be the chorus sounds REALLY boring and generic. i don't like the melody over the recycled "what i've done" bass-progression. actually the whole snippet feels like a "what i've done"-ripoff in my opinion.

Edited by Trumtram