World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, come on, it could have been so, couldn't it? ;)

Mike's interview about the new album is very cool. New Linkin Park sound for the whole album... He said that it'll have big instrumental parts, we saw Phoenix playing Cello and Chaz said it'll be a mix of old/new still... can't wait. B)

But first DBS single in fall/winter?! I thought the album would be released in September... <_<

Maybe for the new album we will have new font :) haha.

NO offense to Mike but he's not part of the DBS project so I'd take what he's saying with a grain of salt.

Plus Chester said on his twitter DBS record would come out this September :lol: Ryan also said they would be promoting 2 albums this year ( Death to Analog/DBS album), so think September is still the target date for the album.

As for the next LP record. Only HALF of the album is written?? With 2-3 months off to tour asia/europe and DBS I expect the next LP record to really get sidetracked. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Fall 2010 release. Linkin Park are perfectionists who are really slow in making music, bad combo :(

NO offense to Mike but he's not part of the DBS project so I'd take what he's saying with a grain of salt.

Plus Chester said on his twitter DBS record would come out this September :lol: Ryan also said they would be promoting 2 albums this year ( Death to Analog/DBS album), so think September is still the target date for the album.

As for the next LP record. Only HALF of the album is written?? With 2-3 months off to tour asia/europe and DBS I expect the next LP record to really get sidetracked. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Fall 2010 release. Linkin Park are perfectionists who are really slow in making music, bad combo :(

i was thinking about how he said only half has been written. i was wondering if half is 6..or maybe half could be 7 or 8...im not sure if they are restricted to 12 but if they arent maybe thye will do more

Mike about the new album:

"'Wow, I've never heard anything like that, but somehow I still recognize it as Linkin Park... and I love it.'"

Lol isn't that nearly the same announcement we hear since - well like - 2006 or something? they said the same about MTM...

I was thinking the same thing  :lol:

http://twitpic.com/567fi talinda just posted this pic from lp video shoot

What Happened to Rob's kickass drum kick. He downsized for the vid. And Mike is only playing piano. Aww come on. And if you look right in front of one of the towers there is a random TV i think. Idk. Song sounds decent. Might be fun to do a cover of on the guitar. probably could add another guitar in if i wanted from that snippet. Album cover looks just like the Cover for Leave out all the rest except for the band. So im guessing that they are trying a mix of that song and What I've Done. oh an for all of you that said This sounds like WID. Its in 4/4 timing. A lot of things use 4/4 as its rhythm. Quit complaing until you hear the song. Sounds kinda cool though. has a Julien-K kinda a feel. Well thats my two cents or more.

What Happened to Rob's kickass drum kick. He downsized for the vid. And Mike is only playing piano. Aww come on. And if you look right in front of one of the towers there is a random TV i think. Idk. Song sounds decent. Might be fun to do a cover of on the guitar. probably could add another guitar in if i wanted from that snippet. Album cover looks just like the Cover for Leave out all the rest except for the band. So im guessing that they are trying a mix of that song and What I've Done. oh an for all of you that said This sounds like WID. Its in 4/4 timing. A lot of things use 4/4 as its rhythm. Quit complaing until you hear the song. Sounds kinda cool though. has a Julien-K kinda a feel. Well thats my two cents or more.

its a piano/synth thing they sound cool

Edited by sian18

its not a piano its a synth machine there so cool

I meant like Keyboard when i said Piano. and like it looks the same as the one Amir Uses in Orgy. That is cool. They are at least branching out into a somewhat unkown genre. Not many bands have the guts to use Synths. I Applaud Mike. *clap clap clap. lol

really cool info

im not gonna listen to the snippet tho

ill just wait until the full song =)

Yeah, I used to listen to the 30 second clips of new songs forever and then when the song finally came out, it felt weird to listen to the song and I was actually already bored of it. It's happening with WID, WMI. I can wait til Monday.

I meant like Keyboard when i said Piano. and like it looks the same as the one Amir Uses in Orgy. That is cool. They are at least branching out into a somewhat unkown genre. Not many bands have the guts to use Synths. I Applaud Mike. *clap clap clap. lol

lol yeah i think synth will be good in lp songs im really looking forword to hearing it live when i see them i think they should have a transformers themed stage show on there tour that would rock

Edited by sian18

lol yeah i think synth will be good in lp songs im really looking forword to hearing it live when i see them i think they should have a transformers themed stage show on there tour that would rock

A Transformers Stage would be Kick-Ass. I so wish i lived in Europe right now. This is probably gonna take them to an even Higher point of Greatness.

so what? did i said that he played bass in those albums?

this track sounds good i dont know why you guys think taht this sounds like WID

the drums are way different, the guitar too, it sounds more like Lockjaw.

Alright, you got me on that one, you were talking about Phoenix, then you said LP in general had good basslines at that time, then you talked about Phoenix again.

I don't get why people say Carousel has such a good bassline though, it's literally 2 notes for the entire song.

I can't say much about it now, it seems like a song in which vocals give it more of an edge (even though that kind of contradicts the fact they're dishing out instrumental previews). Although I'm getting the impression that LP played it safe with this track, [i think it’s pretty obvious by now Mike doesn't have any vocals]. Sounds like rob nailed this track though. As for phoenix, I think he does more then people might think, even though its my least fave LP song, didn’t he come up with most of No More Sorrow?

I would be quite happy to see the next album with more syth and samples.

Looking forward to it still though, the video sounds like it could be pretty dope as well.

You are always (this guy or not) going to get someone whose not satisfied, even if it is the "best song in the world".

Off topic, random: I did't realise how sick the Runaway instrumental is without vocals, lol.

You are always (this guy or not) going to get someone whose not satisfied, even if it is the "best song in the world".

This is true, but to complain about every single little thing gets really old really fast.

Anyway, on topic. I can't wait to see the video and to hear the song. Monday can't get here soon enough.

I would be quite happy to see the next album with more syth and samples.

o me too, been wanting that =D

the colors on the new single art remind me of the leave out all the rest single cover for sum reason haha

linkinpark.com changed there front page with a countdown to the online premiere looks like we will get on sunday.maybe the countdown meant to say 4 days.because i'm stupid

Edited by AilinaAnn1988
Reposted your original comment that got deleted

MOD NOTE: All future information concerning New Divide should be placed in this thread. Please DO NOT start a new topic when new information comes out, just place that information here. Any new topics will either be deleted or merged with this topic. Thanks for your cooperation!

MOD NOTE: All future information concerning New Divide should be placed in this thread. Please DO NOT start a new topic when new information comes out, just place that information here. Thanks!

When the song comes out I'll start a new thread for thoughts on it. Until then everything can go in here.