World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

straight from another forum:

"So far it just sounds like What I've Done with less rigid drumming and a cool sounding guitar lead played over it."

"If you sing the chorus of What I've Done to this song, it fits perfectly."

musically it's basicly the same as "what i've done". it has a different lead melody, but that's it. just listen to the bass on both songs. im not quite sure about the actual notes, but the progression is identical. im sorry to burst any bubbles.

hopefully the vocals and the rest of the song will rescue it from epic failure

straight from another forum:

"So far it just sounds like What I've Done with less rigid drumming and a cool sounding guitar lead played over it."

"If you sing the chorus of What I've Done to this song, it fits perfectly."

musically it's basicly the same as "what i've done". it has a different lead melody, but that's it. just listen to the bass on both songs. im not quite sure about the actual notes, but the progression is identical. im sorry to burst any bubbles.

hopefully the vocals and the rest of the song will rescue it from epic failure

im sorry but you havent even heard the song yet, so there is no way to say its too similar to what ive done. sorry to burst your bubble.

It was on fb too.... now Monday is gonna come even slower!!! And yea I guess u cud say it sounds like WID a bit but it's not a ripoff!! It's supposed to be "generic" anyway seeing as it's Transformers!! But it still sounds pretty epic to me!!

Edited by LPPRJKT4

and I just saw this on Talinda's Twitter

"Hey guys!! I'm almost at the video shoot with Chester!!! I'll let u know how it goes!! But I can't give away any secrets:)"

They are shooting the video right now. haha Cool!

I thought they will just cut clips from the movie.

Anyway, new song! new video! Great!

Edited by chazmike

It's supposed to be "generic" anyway seeing as it's Transformers!!

you got a point there in which i agree. i still got hope for the whole song and i won't take this song as a hint on any new songs from the new album.

but being a fan for nearly 9 years now it makes me sad to see this band drift apart from songs like "and one", "part of me" and "forgotten". some call it evolution, but change does not equal evolution.

i didn't mean to be rude but again, this snippet is pretty similar to the chorus of "what i've done" MUSICALLY. heck, even the tempo is practically the same.

this judgement belongs to the SNIPPET ONLY, just to clarify that.

so now, i've stated my opinion for everyone to understand. hopefully i won't get flamed just for pointing out an obvious similarity.

LOVE what I hear in the first trailer and in the making of video, but I don't like the guitar in this new vid on the Transformers page at all. It really sounds a bit like WID but let's wait and see!

EDIT: New LP logo?! :blink:

Edited by JanekZech

and I just saw this on Talinda's Twitter

"Hey guys!! I'm almost at the video shoot with Chester!!! I'll let u know how it goes!! But I can't give away any secrets:)"

They are shooting the video right now. haha Cool!

I thought they will just cut clips from the movie.

Anyway, new song! new video! Great!

Is Joe going to be the director?????????

or someone else????

I like the song for now.

Hope it will be great after listening to Chaz's vocal.

I don't like the guitar in this new vid on the Transformers page either.

It sounds way over-produced with the annoyed digit modified sounds.

Edited by LPforever