World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

V1

I remember black skies / the lightning all...

I remember each flash /as time began to run

Like a starting sign / that fate had finally found it

In not so many words

I go what I deserved

Ch

you pulled the power / and I pushed you...

gave the description/and I told you goodbye

across the new divide

V2

I imagined it right /

I imagined you there /

and I never thought ....

In not so many words

I got what I deserved

CH2

you pulled the power/ and I pushed you

I'm decoding the rest as good as I can

ps: that's all I could find

Edited by BlackChester

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're bubblegum pop now. Hardly any rapping or screaming. So disappointing.

1. The song is for TF2 - a movie. We expected that there won't be any screaming, it's not strange.

2. A rock band doesn't need screaming and rapping to be a good band.

They have never been and never will be a pop group. :)

Edited by dark_master

And someone said "if you sing the chorus of What I've Done over the music it fits perfectly." All that means is New Divide is in the same key as What I've Done. It doesn't mean it's a ripoff, you could do the same thing with a bunch of other LP song combinations I'm sure.

You can try this with Pushing me Away and Numb, these songs are completely equal.Of course other lyrics and so, but you can try it. :)

New Divide will be an awesome Song!!!I love the drums when Rob starts to play(24 seconds),in past he didn't play like this way! :D

Megatron is one of the characters in Transformers. One of the many interpolations in the movie will probably be "Megatron's Theme" or whatever. There'll probably be an Optimus Prime theme as well, etc.

I know, I figured that would be the case when I saw the name or they were just calling it that until they chose New Divide.

Good job on finidning those lyrics I couldent see those if I tried haha.

From Mike's blog:

Also, we're shooting the video for New Divide today. I'll have some pictures up from the shoot shortly. Joe is directing, and we're doing the video in a cave in Egypt.

Can't wait

I'm decoding the rest as good as I can

ps: that's all I could find

My transcription differs from yours. Here's my take (the beginning of the chorus makes more sense to me)

Verse 1:

I remembered black skies/the lightning all-

I remembered each flash/as time began to-

Like a starting sign/that fate had finally found me-

In not so many words

I got what I deserve(d)

Chorus 1:

you pulled me (lower/closer) / and (I pushed you aside)

(gave me [direction/protection?] / and i told you goodbye)

across (that) new divide

Verse 2:

I imagined it right/ -

I imagined you there/ -

and I never (thought since)-

In not so many words

I got what I deserve(d)

EDIT: I've narrowed the chorus to either lower or closer. Down is no longer an option.

Edited by minusxero

Linkin Park Rocks 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' -- Exclusive Single Art

here's a report about "New divide" and a little interview with mike! Interesting!

The informations about the new album are really interesting. It seems like they wrote half of it, and I share Mike's optimism when he says "Artistically, I feel like we're shooting really high with these new songs".

And Chester's album will be out very soon !!

Thanks BC and minusxero for the lyrics so far ^^

Mike about the new album:

"'Wow, I've never heard anything like that, but somehow I still recognize it as Linkin Park... and I love it.'"

Lol isn't that nearly the same announcement we hear since - well like - 2006 or something? they said the same about MTM... I hope it's not going too electronic like New Divide. The style fits to transformers but I wouldn't wanna hear a whole LP album that style tbh.

*First post edited about the album cover and the interview with Mike. Please refrain from posting anymore links to the same News Creep interview. This is your friendly warning. Lets try to keep the thread clean :)

From Mike's blog:

"Mixtape #3, New Divide video

May 14, 2009 25 Comments

A New mixtape is up in the music section. I had started it a few months ago, and finally got around to finishing it up. I went a little heavier on it.

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/music

Also, we're shooting the video for New Divide today. I'll have some pictures up from the shoot shortly. Joe is directing, and we're doing the video in a cave in Egypt."

Egypt? WTF?!?

Edited by cheloLP

Album Art! Nothing crazy but same logo for those of you who were thinking the one in the trailer was the new Linkin Park font haha.

Ah, come on, it could have been so, couldn't it? ;)

Mike's interview about the new album is very cool. New Linkin Park sound for the whole album... He said that it'll have big instrumental parts, we saw Phoenix playing Cello and Chaz said it'll be a mix of old/new still... can't wait. B)

But first DBS single in fall/winter?! I thought the album would be released in September... <_<

Ah, come on, it could have been so, couldn't it? ;)

Mike's interview about the new album is very cool. New Linkin Park sound for the whole album... He said that it'll have big instrumental parts, we saw Phoenix playing Cello and Chaz said it'll be a mix of old/new still... can't wait. B)

But first DBS single in fall/winter?! I thought the album would be released in September... <_<

fall starts in september