World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I just saw this on Talinda's Twitter

"Hey guys!! I'm almost at the video shoot with Chester!!! I'll let u know how it goes!! But I can't give away any secrets:)"

They are shooting the video right now. haha Cool!

I thought they will just cut clips from the movie.

Anyway, new song! new video! Great!

FYI: I'll be Twittering from the video shoot tomorrow. http://twitter.com/heydudeimadam

Everything said about WID: It's exactly my first thought. And it sounds boring. Only good thing is that it seems like there will be screaming in it, from the video :)

Plus, that same, or similar chord progression is not only used in WID but in the chorus Given Up too. It's THE Linkin Park chord progression.

And they've done it before. The churoses of Faint and From The Inside has the same rythm guitar, with slight changes.

Everything said about WID: It's exactly my first thought. And it sounds boring. Only good thing is that it seems like there will be screaming in it, from the video :)

Plus, that same, or similar chord progression is not only used in WID but in the chorus Given Up too. It's THE Linkin Park chord progression.

And they've done it before. The churoses of Faint and From The Inside has the same rythm guitar, with slight changes.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

yeah it has to be leaked but i dont care waiting two more days actually i do but we must respect LP's work

Well even if it does leak I'll still buy the song on Itunes on Monday. I just like to hear things first.

This song is going to have an epic feeling. listen to the vid at the 31 sec mark and you can hear chester singing in the background "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" which i'm sure they'll layer into the chorus or bridge. i have a good feeling about this song lol @ the WID comparisons. what we've heard so far sounds like the intro, just because the bass progression is similar doesn't mean the whole song will be

^ seriously, ughhhh the wait kills me! I'm happy we're getting a video though, it'll make the whole experience of receiving this new song more special and complete :D. New song, hopefully they play something new live this summer, DBS this September, new album early next year. We should get our fix. LP's a drug addiction lol

For some reason the snippet on transformersmovie.com has the pitch of the song changed. I'm not sure why that happened.

And someone said "if you sing the chorus of What I've Done over the music it fits perfectly." All that means is New Divide is in the same key as What I've Done. It doesn't mean it's a ripoff, you could do the same thing with a bunch of other LP song combinations I'm sure.

And what did you guys expect for a super-popular movie soundtrack? Something sounding like A Place For My Head? I love how it sounds.

For some reason the snippet on transformersmovie.com has the pitch of the song changed. I'm not sure why that happened.

And someone said "if you sing the chorus of What I've Done over the music it fits perfectly." All that means is New Divide is in the same key as What I've Done. It doesn't mean it's a ripoff, you could do the same thing with a bunch of other LP song combinations I'm sure.

And what did you guys expect for a super-popular movie soundtrack? Something sounding like A Place For My Head? I love how it sounds.

yeah i was about to say that's probably one of the "various interpolations" to new divide, because its in a different key.

straight from another forum:

"So far it just sounds like What I've Done with less rigid drumming and a cool sounding guitar lead played over it."

"If you sing the chorus of What I've Done to this song, it fits perfectly."

musically it's basicly the same as "what i've done". it has a different lead melody, but that's it. just listen to the bass on both songs. im not quite sure about the actual notes, but the progression is identical. im sorry to burst any bubbles.

hopefully the vocals and the rest of the song will rescue it from epic failure

Hey dude, guess wat? Just because a song has the same chord progression, doesn't mean it's a rip-off or the same song.

All of these songs have the same progression:

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

Collide by Howie Day

Swing Swing Swing by All American Rejects

Hot N Cold by Katy Perry

With or Without You by U2

When I Come Around by Green Day

Under The Bridge by RHCP

Superman by Five for Fighting

Farmhouse by Phish

No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley

Let It Be by The Beatles

Last time I checked Hot N Cold and With or Without You aren't exactly the same song. LOL

If you don't believe me watch this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC2NUAQRIu8

I for one, am very excited and think it'll be a great song!

Edited by lp12311

But here it's not only the chord progression. The sound of the Strat (yes, they used the same guitar for WID and this one), the drums, the rythm, tempo of the two songs sounds very close. I'm not saying the song ends up being like What I've Done. But since I've always found that song boring, I have a feeling it's going to be the same with this one.

But here it's not only the chord progression. The sound of the Strat (yes, they used the same guitar for WID and this one), the drums, the rythm, tempo of the two songs sounds very close. I'm not saying the song ends up being like What I've Done. But since I've always found that song boring, I have a feeling it's going to be the same with this one.

quite exactly what i was trying to say but couldn't because of a lack in my foreign language skills.

im satisfied that im not the only one who hears the similarity. i take back the rip-off thing, was a bit harsh.

but still, im not happy with this first snippet at all. let's see if the whole thing will be better.

The video is great we can see some caps of the lyrics... and the song structure...

Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus 2 ...

I think it will be a great song. And the pics that Talinda posted on her twitter...man...the video will be awesome!!!

:lol: