World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Linkin Park, and Joe wrapped up shooting their video for “New Divide” at Paramount Studios down the block from SURU. I was lucky enough to be on set and see Joe at work, and get a sneak peak as to what to expect in the video. Although I was able to snap some shots, most of the photos will not be posted for obvious reasons.

personally my fav is this one:

Posted Image

Thats not just someones bike.. thats a prop for the video. anyway check it out:

http://www.suru-la.com/blog/388/new-divide-on-set

jesus you guys complain about every little thing. Just because it's new doesn't mean its automatically MTM part two omg!! WID part 2!! they are barely the same. And this song is way better than WID by the looks at it. There are too many metal heads expecting super crunching guitars and drums lol

jesus you guys complain about every little thing. Just because it's new doesn't mean its automatically MTM part two omg!! WID part 2!! they are barely the same. And this song is way better than WID by the looks at it. There are too many metal heads expecting super crunching guitars and drums lol

Stop it. We just said do not start arguments over this. Back to topic.

FYI, What I've Done is not in the same key as New Divide, WID is in G minor.

Okay. I hadn't compared the two I was only responding to what someone else said about What I've Done's chorus being able to match with New Divide, saying that all that means is they could be in the same key.

It kinda makes me laugh how people are saying New Divide is a What I've Done ripoff. How much have you even heard of the song to think that? The fact that the drums come in before the guitar, and that Brad used a Fender to record?

And how can a band rip-off their own song?

The intro is sick and the bridge vocals are growing on me. Seems like it'll be a good song.

Wait, there aren't any leaks of the vocals are there?

EDIT: Oh wow, found it. Someone should update the original post with the link to the vocals, 11 pages is a lot to go through.

Edited by Xero21

By "Australian radio stations could play it anytime, so we don't know." I did mean on Monday. I was saying we don't know exactly when they will play it, but the Kevin & Bean show is on a separate day altogether Australian time, so of course New Divide will be played in full before the US. They'll surely play it during the day.

If anyone wants to listen online to Australian radio to hear the track:

http://www.1radio.com.au/

Look at this update (it's in italian, but I'll translate here)

http://linkinparkphotos.eu/freshy/2009/05/...new-divide.html

I'm the admin of Linkin Park Photos (that's my site) and this is the update:

Surfing on the web and tryng to find something of interesting I've found the page that will be the main page of linkinpark.com, after that the countdown finish it count.

The page is in totally "New divide style". I can't link you the page, because is top secret :D, but I had post the preview of it into my site ( http://www.linkinparkphotos.eu/images_excl...ivide-style.jpg )

If you post this news I will appreciate if you add a "Thanks to: Linkin Park Photos" to your post, thank you very much....

Bye bye

-LP Photos

Thanks, but maybe I'm missing something. The site looks like that now, so it may have been changed over in the time it took you to post this information.

you must be a crazy good song writer than if you are criticizing lp's lyrics wow haha can i see some of your work id really like to listen to it. and even if it is similar to what ive done...what ive done was a great song and one of the best from mtm so there is nothing wrong with it being similar. and no one cares if you have to listen to it for a month..no one is going to be waiting for your critic of the song. im not trying to be mean or an asshole here im just trying to say that everyone enjoys different things. its not electric pop rock. that is the worst title ive ever heard someone name linkin park...everyone is tired of these linkin park haters

Actually I'm not a musician and I'm not a song writer but I know good lyrics when I see them and like I said, what I hear in the snippet and see in the photos, don't seem like much. I think Chester, who also, no one ever said wrote the lyrics, said last week that the lyrics "were gonna change gravity" or something. C'mon. Give me a break.

I'm certainly not an LP hater - why the hell would I be here? But I am CERTAINLY not one of those people who loves everything LP puts out because its LP. I, as a fan, have the right to judge snippets, 1 second clips, or a song for a whole month. You don't care about my critique? Who cares? Don't read it.

Hey really c'mon, you don't have to be a song writer to judge songtexts especially because it's everyones own opinion how he feels while hearing this lyrics and if they are good or bad. It's the same with every kind of art, nobody can say you're stupid because your opinion is not mine or something...

And I also said the !vocal snippet! sounds like electronic-pop-rock . It's just what I hear when I listen to it and I can really understand Prestons opinion. And I'm NO Linkin Park hater, they are my favourite Band. But I'm also a musician and I don't just listen to their songs because they are by Linkin Park .

Im sure Preston is no LP hater either so be carefull what you say about other people just because you don't aggree with their opinion.

Thank you.

So far, instrumentally the song is A+ in my book, just listened to the intro and Its stellar.

Not a fan of the Chester clip, but that is not the whole song and its not in the best of quality so I will still leave that open for Monday. I like the tempo of the guitar a lot better than that of WID but the rhythm parts are similar - at least in sound.

dude thats not fair. I am a metalhead, and i am infacr hoping for this song to be a LOATR type song.... please dont label us by some people wanting heavier songs, and there not metalheads, theyre just Old school linkin park fans who like the old music :)

I'm a huge fan of Chester, LP, and anything electro-ish they do. I'm not a fan of this clip. Why? This sounds like something Lil Wayne or Kanye West would do. The voice was altered too much. Chester is too good to have his voice fucked with to this extent.

dude thats not fair. I am a metalhead, and i am infacr hoping for this song to be a LOATR type song.... please dont label us by some people wanting heavier songs, and there not metalheads, theyre just Old school linkin park fans who like the old music :)

Ok i was generalizing a bit, i love metal too and basically everything. So sorry for putting a label on you. I do recognize that the old school lovers (also myself) LOVE their HT sound. But It gets quite annoying when fans just bicker and just complain about everything. And for the record, i love hard stuff *gotta repeat that*

Sounds like Lil wayne? i'm going to have to disagree with that. They added effects to suit the song.

Just a sidenote, didn't you guys just RECENTLY put in a rule where you can say a post is stupid? yet you are trying to get people to steer away from that right?

Edited by FaiNt

Ok i was generalizing a bit, i love metal too and basically everything. So sorry for putting a label on you. I do recognize that the old school lovers (also myself) LOVE their HT sound. But It gets quite annoying when fans just bicker and just complain about everything. And for the record, i love hard stuff *gotta repeat that*

Sounds like Lil wayne? i'm going to have to disagree with that. They added effects to suit the song.

Just a sidenote, didn't you guys just RECENTLY put in a rule where you can say a post is stupid? yet you are trying to get people to steer away from that right?

yeah i prefer HT to any other LP album too, and i too am sick of the complaining, if u dont like there new stuff, then dont listen to it, it is as simple as that