World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

So dissapointed in that vocal clip. If this is what "new" LP sounds like... I don't even want to finish that sentence.

It sounds so radiofreindly I could puke. I like Minutes to Midnight, but this is shit. And don't hit me with all that "judging the song before I've heard it", it's bs. Now I know that the melody of the chorus goes like that, I can garantee you that the rest of the song will have a just as cheesy melody as this one. But that's just me.

Only good thing is that I like Chesters voice in it, but not the melody.

If this is what the next album sounds like, then LP has turned in to the one thing I've never wanted them to be. I don't think it will, I predicted this was going to be a soft song, because of the fact that it's created for a mainstream film. I'm just in chock that the song is THAT poppy.

Edited by Fleur de Lys

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's rights...different key and it breaks with the intro we've listened. by the way, I'd like to get this song because is very good. does anyone know it?

Not just that, but neither of the voices sound anything like Chester or Mike =/

About ppl thinking this sounds like What I've Done...well I'm pretty sure that's the sound they were going for since What I've Done was the theme song for the last movie.

And I'd also like to point out that they wrote this song for the movie and will probably have nothing to do with what the new album will sound like.

So dissapointed in that vocal clip. If this is what "new" LP sounds like... I don't even want to finish that sentence.

It sounds so radiofreindly I could puke. I like Minutes to Midnight, but this is shit. And don't hit me with all that "judging the song before I've heard it", it's bs. Now I know that the melody of the chorus goes like that, I can garantee you that the rest of the song will have a just as cheesy melody as this one. But that's just me.

Only good thing is that I like Chesters voice in it, but not the melody.

If this is what the next album sounds like, then LP has turned in to the one thing I've never wanted them to be. I don't think it will, I predicted this was going to be a soft song, because of the fact that it's created for a mainstream film. I'm just in chock that the song is THAT poppy.

Well never fear, you have nothing to worry about.

Chester and Mike have already said that this song was never being made for the purpose of being on the new album, it was entirely made for the Transformers movie, which as you said is extremely mainstream.

Jesus, Completely off topic, but I would like to know who sings that song from the possibly "fake" clip. I'm addicted to the song moreso than I am for New Divide. :P

Yeah, me too. Man I really want to believe it's Mike and Chester singing! The two vocals in that song sounds awesome together.

Of course that's not LP, no reason to discuss about it imo.

I don't understand how people can think that's LP. It sounds nothing like them, to me, it sounds like some shitty band trying to sound like Mike and Chester trying to bring back the Meteora style of vocals. :lol:

I can hear it's not them for gods sake. I just said it sounded awesome, implying that it would be a nice direction for Linkin Park to go, compared to what I think of the direction it sounds like they have taken with New Divide.

Sorry - Back on topic, just had to defend myself.

i was listening to kroq just now, and they were announcing the new lp song, they played the intro and the vocal part, (so its confirmed that it's not from chester's new project) i really hope thats not the chorus because it wasnt as epic as the intro,i hope its bridge