LPUX Tracklisting

BeardyWilderness

I think lpu9 was better but this is still really good.

Please, i'm sure you were one of the people who said lpu9 sucked because it only had one full length song with the rest being demos.

I don't know if people understand the meaning of the word DEMO. It is equivalent to the word IDEA. It is an idea for a song they had. A demon can appear in different forms. It can be a guitar piece. A drum piece, a bass piece, a vocal piece or whatnot. It can be full song with the vocals or only the instrumentals because they couldn't figure out any words to go with it. Basically it can be at any stage of the song writing process until they scrapped it. It is a demo because it was never finished to the level the band deemed okay. So whining about a demo because it is only the instrumental portion or any reason to be honest is redundant and pointless. It's like complaining that your dog barks. Of course it barks. It's a dog. There is a reason the songs were not finished nor included on any album. You can't say you want demos and your complains be that you don't like them because they're demos. People need to seriously get a clue.

Edited by arbiter

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, i'm sure you were one of the people who said lpu9 sucked because it only had one full length song with the rest being demos.

I don't know if people understand the meaning of the word DEMO. It is equivalent to the word IDEA. It is an idea for a song they had. A demon can appear in different forms. It can be a guitar piece. A drum piece, a bass piece, a vocal piece or whatnot. It can be full song with the vocals or only the instrumentals because they couldn't figure out any words to go with it. Basically it can be at any stage of the song writing process until they scrapped it. It is a demo because it was never finished to the level the band deemed okay. So whining about a demo because it is only the instrumental portion or any reason to be honest is redundant and pointless. It's like complaining that your dog barks. Of course it barks. It's a dog. There is a reason the songs were not finished nor included on any album. You can't say you want demos and your complains be that you don't like them because they're demos. People need to seriously get a clue.

+1

Anyways, is Pale from 2006 or 2009???

Also, something else I want to clarify: "What I've Done (M. Shinoda Remix)" is NOT the same as the Distorted Remix! They're very similar versions of the same remix, but they aren't identical. The version we already had was 3:48 in length, this one is 3:40. There's one repeat of the bridge riff that's been cut out of this version, and a bunch of other subtle differences in the overall mix. Still the biggest "throwaway" track on the CD for sure, but the bottom line is that it's not identical.

Also, something else I want to clarify: "What I've Done (M. Shinoda Remix)" is NOT the same as the Distorted Remix! They're very similar versions of the same remix, but they aren't identical. The version we already had was 3:48 in length, this one is 3:40. There's one repeat of the bridge riff that's been cut out of this version, and a bunch of other subtle differences in the overall mix. Still the biggest "throwaway" track on the CD for sure, but the bottom line is that it's not identical.

I was hoping someone would point that out.... Well, I must admit - I was waiting for Astat to give it a listen.

I'm just listening to the Pale for the first time. Other tracks in the way...

This whole whining and bitching reminds me of Plaster :) Lol, I guess those are the same people complaining about LPUX as were the ones who complained that Plaster is almost the same as OSC.

Hell, Pale is awesome!!!!

HELP!

I am very confused with this whole LPUX thing - and I really need some clarification..

I preordered LPUX a couple of months back, when it was available - an annual membership for $60.

Now, I got a redeem code to activate my membership. I used the code, but it changes nothing before the next couple of weeks, right?

Next, of course I want to buy the LPUX CD, but how can I do that now? I can purchase the Annual Membership + LPUX CD for $65 on LinkinPark.com, but it doesn't make any sense since I've already paid $60 for preordering the membership.

Can someone sort thing out for me, please? :)

This is a CD of demos.

Most, if not all, of LP's demos dating from pre-2007 (a.k.a. over half of the tracks on this CD) started as instrumentals.

Most of LP's demos never reach the "fully-finished song" stage.

Vocals are nearly always the last part to be put on a finished song.

Anyone bitching about the number of instrumentals on this CD (a.k.a. a large percentage of the posts in this thread) clearly hasn't paid any attention to the numerous times the band has explained their songwriting process over the years. How many totally finished tracks do you guys really think the band has lying around that they haven't already used for something? We're talking about a band that wrote over 150 song ideas for one album and ended up only recording final versions of about 17 of them. There's probably a good reason we only get stuff like Across the Line and Pretend to Be every once in a while.

I'm totally agree with both of you guys...

;)

guys, of course it is wrong place to ask, but i wanna know. I ve just selected for MFR booth in Abu Dhabi, but ive already got the ticket, and im not selected for M&G, so i am asking, is the MFR a good opportunity to see band, and maybe have something signed?

guys, of course it is wrong place to ask, but i wanna know. I ve just selected for MFR booth in Abu Dhabi, but ive already got the ticket, and im not selected for M&G, so i am asking, is the MFR a good opportunity to see band, and maybe have something signed?

I don't think there is any chance of meeting the band through the MFR charity project. The MFR booth is placed somewhere around the venue where everyone has access to it, the band is behind closed doors.

I attended the M&G in Hamburg, Germany this year, and there was a loooot of security and like 10 doors between the band and everyone else..

Sorry :)

uh no? You're not in the lpu so you wouldn't know. I've always said I liked LPU9.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

uhm... did mike shinoda or any of the lp members produced a song of madina lake's attics to eden...?

listen to pale and then listen to friends & lovers by madina lake. maybe just a coincidence or maybe it's just me.

and yeah, the mpc mc mtv part of i have not begun was rapped with the roots. what a shame. i thought he made up the lines at the rehearsals.

Edited by PizzaPino

Mike sang I Have Not Begun already!!!

With The Roots...

In that concert he joined them... he sang some lines of I Have Not Begun!!!

Cool.... we kind of have a live version already!!!

Just checked The Roots performance. Looks like you are right.

After what I've read last night over here like "Only instrumetals?? SHIT!", "Worst LPU ever!" and "This CD sucks!" ..I was like: "Oh no please don't let it be like that".

Right now I am listening to this CD and besides the WID remix, PTB and the POA demo, this CD is fucking awesome! I don't care at all about lyrics if there's anything good and new of LP.

And for everyone who bitches at LP for putting the WID-remix on the CD... they are not perfect and they never will be. ;)

Nice work Linkin Park, hands down.