LPUX Tracklisting

BeardyWilderness

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how in the world songs like Leave Out All the Rest and In Between got in MtM over songs like Across the Line, and now What We Don't Know. (and Pretend to Be, depending if it really is a MtM demo that was later finished)

What caught me from the start with What We Don't Know is the unique instrumentation; it's just so different from the other bland rock tracks from MtM.

On the instrumental side, Pale is just plain awesome. I really wish LP would have added some vocals to that beast.

Halo also seemed quite far out there for a demo from 2002. Seemed almost like something from Minutes.

I Have Not Begun hasn't struck a chord with me yet though. I can see why the song isn't a part of ATS.

Overall a much better CD than 9. C'mon guys, a lot of these songs may be lacking vocals, but at least they are full-length tracks. And they are MUCH better than listening to the "da na na na na lyrics... Across the Line is superb, but not enough to justify that LPU9 is better than 10.

Agree with you.

LPU9 CD is awesome but LPUX is much better...

Art Work pleaaase !!! :(

i was just thinking... if I Have Not Begun is from 2009, and it really is a Fort Minor demo and not LP.....

anyone see where i'm coming from?

Its probably not a Fort Minor demo, just cause Mike says MachineShope doesnt mean its a FM demo, he might of just needed a lyric and that fitted it, if it is then the 2009 label might just be so it looks lyk there is a recent demo on the EP

Its probably not a Fort Minor demo, just cause Mike says MachineShope doesnt mean its a FM demo, he might of just needed a lyric and that fitted it, if it is then the 2009 label might just be so it looks lyk there is a recent demo on the EP

i did edit my post to say IF IT really is a FM demo, but yes I agree... just thought it might be a conversation point...

:D

i did edit my post to say IF IT really is a FM demo, but yes I agree... just thought it might be a conversation point...

:D

Haha i had the same thought come through my head when ppl were saying FM demo then seeing the 2009 label

LPUX... Complete bust. Even with the 2 "full" songs on there it doesn't even hold a candle to LPU9, and that's saying something cause even LPU 9 wasn't that great. Sure, ATL is a kick ass track that deserved to kick In Between off of MTM, but at least a lot of those songs had working formats and vocals to the demos. All LPUX is is a bunch of instrumentals, weak ones at that, and some add ons that we already have. What's sad is that Pretend To Be is the best track on the CD. Not that I'm discrediting that song, but we already had that track for months so obviously there should have been better ones on the CD. What We Don't Know is alright, but the only thing that shines on that song is Chester's lyrics, barely. Songs like that make me understand even more why LP shuns away from easily predictable song formats now a days. They could make a dozen songs like that if they wanted to, and they don't cause they know it'd be terrible. All in all, really disappointed. I know they're all demos so I didn't have high expectations, but given this is the 10th anniversary I thought we were all going to get something that would blow us away.

You do realize that no matter what anybody says, you're not going to let anyone convince you that ATL isn't the superior song, right?

Good evening to yee. I'm just helping all those who are on a "new lp music high" to realize the idiotic statements they may say, by not saying ATL is better than any track on LPUX. I care for my LPL Brethren. They are my family. <3. I love you.

Let me just say this: I was certainly not expecting an album full of demos.

/sarcasm

I just finished Oh No and I think it's interesting hearing elements that they maybe decided weren't right for the song, but tried on later demos, I can't think of the one right now. Figure.09 I think? Something from LPU9. Either way, this isn't supposed to be an album full of awesome tracks that you've never heard before because, spoiler alert: They didn't end up on the albums. These aren't hard concepts to grasp, I don't understand why every one judges these things so harshly. Most established bands would never dream of giving you a 9 track EP full of demos, much less 10.

Good evening to yee. I'm just helping all those who are on a "new lp music high" to realize the idiotic statements they may say, by not saying ATL is better than any track on LPUX. I care for my LPL Brethren. They are my family. <3. I love you.

Idiotic statements? Balls to that my friend. Balls to that.

K...that's a little weird. Btw, I Have Not Begun Yet>ATL :P lol jk

Idiotic statements? Balls to that my friend. Balls to that.

What are big brothers for? When you got a brother who is being retarded, you backhand them and wake them up! Time to wake up my LPL brethren!

K...that's a little weird. Btw, I Have Not Begun Yet>ATL :P lol jk

I liked that JK you put at the end. You are admitting that ATL is better. :). You have solid taste in solid music.

What are big brothers for? When you got a brother who is being retarded, you backhand them and wake them up! Time to wake up my LPL brethren!

Let me translate what you are trying to say into something easier to understand: "My opinion is correct so no matter what you say about these new songs you are wrong."

Maybe YOU should be backhanded.

I liked that JK you put at the end. You are admitting that ATL is better. :) . You have solid taste in solid music.

Maybe...maybe not. Maybe I think In Between is better than both of them. Maybe I hate Linkin Park and I'm actually a die hard Justin Bieber fan with Jonas Brothers posters in my room.

Haha i had the same thought come through my head when ppl were saying FM demo then seeing the 2009 label

LOL you're right.

EPIC FAIL for me for what i posted before.

A friend of mine told me (which was said by someone at the Summit) I Have Not Begun is a FM demo, but i can't understand why a FM demo would be in a LPU EP. :blink:

Let me translate what you are trying to say into something easier to understand: "My opinion is correct so no matter what you say about these new songs you are wrong."

Maybe YOU should be backhanded.

Think positive man! You're taking everything out of context. :(. Here's an example of how you are taking my words, and brain fucking them.

Subject: Pixie Sticks

To me, a Pixie Stick is the most amazing treat of all time. To a diabetic, is is nuclear warfare to the human body.

I am taking something positive, like helping my brothers out, and you are making it into something negative, like forcing something down their throats. Why would Legend do such a thing? :(