Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SFNL14 said:

Esaul, Super Xero, Carousel, POA and Crawling might not be new, but they will be remastered, so they will probably sound more polished. Also they haven't been officially released. Slip, So Far Away and Blue could be released but they don't make as much sense because we already have them via LPU and don't need any more polishing.

Well, I kinda disagree. Even though they were part of the LPU releases, they would complete the HT cycle and would make a nice addition to have them all in one place. Now is the chance to properly do this. Don't forget that many people probably don't even know about those songs and they are full versions with vocals, so they have their worth. To me it would feel a bit like a missed opportunity, but at least (as you have pointed out) we have those songs.

And about the other demos, I don't think a remaster is that big of feature on those. Sure they will sound a bit louder but demos are demos for a reason, especially those that have been out since forever. But I guess this is all up to personal preference. "Esaul" was on an LPU release, too, btw.

It’s entirely possible some of the demos are different. Maybe they’re not. 

Maybe there is even more than one CD to this. We will have to wait for the official announcement, it’s hard not to speculate but we need to not expect things that could be false - like we have no idea if this is Chester’s audition tape BUT it could be. It also could be songs with Mark on vocals. 

Looking forward to whenever they announce it. 

2 minutes ago, hahninator said:

Looking forward to whenever they announce it. 

Same, man! I'm just so hyped for something LP-related again and love to dive into speculations and stuff like all of us. I'm incredibly happy with what got announced so far plus the very probable chance of Frat Party 2 and PR02 live. We never had a full pro shot show from 02 so this is great!

It's incredible how this is the perfect opportunity to LP settle the ground to a future comeback. They can make it as a full cycle 'closer' (in a very respectfull way). Make it big, make everyone know about it.

Then in the next couple of years they can come back like a rebirth. Great way to start a new beggining.

6 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

It's incredible how this is the perfect opportunity to LP settle the ground to a future comeback. They can make it as a full cycle 'closer' (in a very respectfull way). Make it big, make everyone know about it.

Then in the next couple of years they can come back like a rebirth. Great way to start a new beggining.

In the next couple of years? Next year hopefully. They will not be on hiatus until 2027. Anyway I'm really excited about the anniversary thing.

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Well, I kinda disagree. Even though they were part of the LPU releases, they would complete the HT cycle and would make a nice addition to have them all in one place. Now is the chance to properly do this. Don't forget that many people probably don't even know about those songs and they are full versions with vocals, so they have their worth. To me it would feel a bit like a missed opportunity, but at least (as you have pointed out) we have those songs.

And about the other demos, I don't think a remaster is that big of feature on those. Sure they will sound a bit louder but demos are demos for a reason, especially those that have been out since forever. But I guess this is all up to personal preference. "Esaul" was on an LPU release, too, btw.

Yeah I guess that having them all in one place does make sense, specially in this release. Also I didn't mean that the remaster is the big feature, what I meant was that they hadn't been officially released. But yeah since Esaul is also on LPU, we can disregard that. 

Am I the only one who finds it kinda weird there doing this whole promotional campaign now? The re-release doesn't come out until October. It's still early-August. Like, let's be real here: it's just a remaster of an album with new material, and while that's cool, does it really deserve a marketing campaign two months in advance? Maybe late-August or sometime in September, but giving it all this build up is a little weird imo 

4 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Personally, I don't think "Esaul", "Super Xero", "Carousel", POA and "Crawling" will be new demos that we don't know. All of those have been out there for a long time and I don't see why there would be other versions included but we'll see.

I would have liked for the LPU songs to be included here ("Slip", "So Far Away", "Blue") as well to make the collection of songs complete. But it's ok, I won't really complain just yet before we know what we are facing :).

Agreed. I'm kinda bugged that some of the songs aren't making it. Maybe these songs are all the ones that the band actually liked at some point trying to get the record deal for Hybrid Theory though, and those other songs weren't? We know So Far Away wasn't really on any of the discs that have been leaked for example. Maybe they never really took that song's potential seriously so they aren't releasing it here. 

13 minutes ago, Spyroexe said:

Am I the only one who finds it kinda weird there doing this whole promotional campaign now? The re-release doesn't come out until October. It's still early-August. Like, let's be real here: it's just a remaster of an album with new material, and while that's cool, does it really deserve a marketing campaign two months in advance? Maybe late-August or sometime in September, but giving it all this build up is a little weird imo 

Weird? Why? Even Recharged started its promotional campaign two months before. It's how LP has always built hype before every release.

Make more sense now than ever after what happened with Chester. If you add to the equation that's the 20th anniversary of their most successful album, it seems right to me build hype time ahead

Edited by Capacity

1 minute ago, Capacity said:

Weird? Why? Even Recharged started its promotional campaign two months before. 

The difference was that Recharged was a completely new remix album and this is just a re-release, albeit with new material.

5 minutes ago, Spyroexe said:

The difference was that Recharged was a completely new remix album and this is just a re-release, albeit with new material.

Aren't songs like pictureboard unreleased material?

Edited by Capacity
typo

29 minutes ago, Spyroexe said:

2 months in terms of marketing is nothing, some artists release singles to an album years in advance.

This album sold 27 mil worldwide. This is the perfect time to market when people are at home more than usual. 

Just one more thought for today: With the unreleased and unknown songs getting released we can compile a pretty nice "album" of Hybrid Theory (the band). Compiling all the songs plus demo versions of later HT (album) songs can give us a feel of what the band was without any major outside interference (label, producer, random). Just a couple of guys working on their vision and creating songs how they see them fit. It's basically the "underground" phase of the band which was always appealing to me at least.

Blue

So Far Away

Slip

Dedicated

Dilate

Could Have Been

Pictureboard (maybe ;))

She Couldn't

+ The original versions of the album versions we will receive which differ significantly lyric-wise

Esaul

Rhinestone

Super Xero

Points Of Authority

Stick 'n Move (maybe the full song ;))

Crawling

Untitled

Should be a really cool experience which I'm looking forward to.

Edited by Trumtram
Typo

30 minutes ago, Spyroexe said:

Yes because they could get a #1 album from this. That’s a big reason. It’s also the huge blow out celebration box set for their biggest album ever. If they teased this for a week people would be disappointed. You’ve gotta go all out for Hybrid Theory. Plus the campaign is fun, I don’t see anything wrong with doing it now.

What if they launch a preorder this week and we get hella content from now until October?

26 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Agreed. I'm kinda bugged that some of the songs aren't making it. Maybe these songs are all the ones that the band actually liked at some point trying to get the record deal for Hybrid Theory though, and those other songs weren't? We know So Far Away wasn't really on any of the discs that have been leaked for example. Maybe they never really took that song's potential seriously so they aren't releasing it here. 

As I said before, why are you assuming there’s just one disc? The promo literally just started, there’s way more to this than 12 demos. I’d be shocked if So Far Away isn’t on there. Let’s wait for the official announcement and see what it has. 

Perfect release for me would be:

Xero tape

Hybrid Theory EP

Hybrid Theory

Other demos

Also I am confused about why some people would be against Xero/Mark content. For me an anniversary release like this should cover the whole era and for me the HT era begins from the day Xero was formed. 

12 minutes ago, hahninator said:

As I said before, why are you assuming there’s just one disc? The promo literally just started, there’s way more to this than 12 demos. I’d be shocked if So Far Away isn’t on there. Let’s wait for the official announcement and see what it has. 

The way it's shaping up, it makes no sense for it to be one disc. No matter what, the standard album is going to be included, whether retouched, new disc art, or just standard re-release.  All the songs revealed so far are too much to tack on to the end of the HT list as bonus tracks.

My prediction:
2+ discs
High confidence:
1: Hybrid Theory in some form (whether og, remaster, new art print, etc)
2: The song list from the computer promo

Just guessing:
3: Hybrid Theory demo tape that was submitted for the deal

Hoping but not expecting whatsoever

Spoiler

4: Vocal takes that may include them just messing around

5: Alternate versions of songs - like piano variations, etc

Also, question: do you think My December and High Voltage will be included somewhere?

15 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Perfect release for me would be:

Xero tape

Hybrid Theory EP

Hybrid Theory

Other demos

Also I am confused about why some people would be against Xero/Mark content. For me an anniversary release like this should cover the whole era and for me the HT era begins from the day Xero was formed. 

An important reason that I think people are not taking into account. Do we want the first release after chester's death, to have content with another singer, so that the media start unfounded rumors that Mark could replace him?

I understand that mark is living history of LP, but if in 20 years they have not release anything with him, now it seems even the worst moment and don't make any sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, MrCinder said:

Also, question: do you think My December and High Voltage will be included somewhere?

Yeah. They are from that time period. No idea what the release has BUT that's about 99.99% that those 2 songs will appear in some form.

2 minutes ago, Capacity said:

An important reason that I think people are not taking into account. Do we want the first release after chester's death, to have content with another singer, so that the media start unfounded rumors that Mark could replace him?

I understand that mark is living history of LP, but if in 20 years they have not release anything with him, now it seems even the worst moment and don't make any sense to me. 

Understand the argument, but if the demos are labeled as 1997/1998, there is no issue there. It's a big part of the band's history. It all makes even more sense when you understand Mark and the band are still close and have a great relationship. He works in the music industry too.

It would be cool if they are planning a few different versions of this release, one of which contains an actual cassette tape of Chester’s audition tracks or something similar.

I’m also curious if there will be a “single” released, in the form of an unreleased track/demo. I know when bands like STP put out Anniversary editions, they released a couple songs in advance. Not necessarily for radio play or to blow up the Billboard charts, but still felt like the modern way of putting out the first track from an upcoming album. 

Update time: 

New theme: Sepia

8fhsbkfd.jpg

73jhdjsss.png

New Desktop icon that is a joke about the "In Yourself Jam" (which will appear after updating the software, see below).

No new emails

Software Installer updated. You can update software after doing the "Force Automatic Updates" in system properties.

Password can now be entered directly without opening defragger first.

System properties got updated. You can now click "Force Automatic Updates".

After using all those new things we get this:

kmN7zRr.png

I am at work so I can't say for sure if that's everything. Will check for more later.