Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mrfox said:

Pictureboard = In yourself and people asking on twitch what Mike likes on breakfest lol, if there was a theory why nobody figured out send him link with Be yourself jam?

To be fair, Mike has had question redemptions closed since before this promotional campaign even started. He was just so backed up that he still is working his way through them.

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

How much do you think the other guys on the band are involved on this?

I always have a feeling that's just 99% Mike.

I think they’re involved, even if it’s just going over ideas for the release and deciding as a whole if they like it or not 

Yeah sorry, no leaks yet of this stuff. We used to be so pro-leak but I mean this is the first thing the band has done in over 3 years, let it ride out. Announcement is likely this week with the preorder. Let's have some fun with it. The band and their mgmt have been so classy and kind to us, the last thing we'd do is let all the leaked stuff flow freely over here. Not trying to act like a dictator but just wanting to let things happen like they intended. We're about to get everything :)

Last thing we want is the band or their team to say "damn everyone got all of the leaked stuff from LPLive and posted it everywhere online"

8 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah sorry, no leaks yet of this stuff. We used to be so pro-leak but I mean this is the first thing the band has done in over 3 years, let it ride out. Announcement is likely this week with the preorder. Let's have some fun with it. The band and their mgmt have been so classy and kind to us, the last thing we'd do is let all the leaked stuff flow freely over here. Not trying to act like a dictator but just wanting to let things happen like they intended. We're about to get everything :)

Last thing we want is the band or their team to say "damn everyone got all of the leaked stuff from LPLive and posted it everywhere online"

Good point. I completely understand that. And sorry for the fake Part of Me leak earlier. I'll avoid doing that kind of thing in the future

5 hours ago, LPsMart said:

I don't think that ever existed with the 2000 remake, I think they purposefully let thos words out when recording

I could swear the reanimated one was uncensored but nope, just listened to it, guess I was mistaking it for the live one.

4 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

How much do you think the other guys on the band are involved on this?

I always have a feeling that's just 99% Mike.

I think Mike came up with the idea and everyone went on board. Judging by the messages it seems all of them are digging old stuff, I wouldnt be surprised if even Mark sent some material to them.

Edited by MetalNacional
space

I think people get too wrapped up in Mike being the public-facing frontman of the band. It's not like he's going to just go rogue and do everything himself. The rest of the band is probably deeply involved in the process behind the scenes, picking what bonus material and demos will make it onto the anniversary release. Mike's just the only guy that talks to the public/press about anything LP right now. That's always been the dynamic.

All I can say past that is that I'm going to smash the buy button on the biggest package, whatever it ends up being. Take my god damn money.

3 minutes ago, gorast said:

I think people get too wrapped up in Mike being the public-facing frontman of the band. It's not like he's going to just go rogue and do everything himself. The rest of the band is probably deeply involved in the process behind the scenes, picking what bonus material and demos will make it onto the anniversary release. Mike's just the only guy that talks to the public/press about anything LP right now. That's always been the dynamic.

All I can say past that is that I'm going to smash the buy button on the biggest package, whatever it ends up being. Take my god damn money.

Agreed. Example: For years we all assumed Brad didn’t do much in the band. Then we find out he’s the secret sauce, the mastermind producer in the studio around the ATS era. Lmao. 

LP was very involved on this. 

3 minutes ago, gorast said:

Agreed. Example: For years we all assumed Brad didn’t do much in the band. Then we find out he’s the secret sauce, the mastermind producer in the studio around the ATS era. Lmao. 

1 hour ago, hahninator said:

Yeah, as Mike caught up with the ‘Be/In Yourself’ = PB reveal on his latest stream, he mentioned how the guys, Adam and even Rob’s parents were involved.

It just hit me that we are possibly finally getting a mastered high quality  ‘Reading My Eyes’ !  We only have a lower quality RME from the Xero tape, and then the live recorded RME from the LPU 6.0.

Mike spitting these words out, so good! 

It would be interesting if, aside from these demos we've seen thus far, the original Xero tape itself was included. I wouldn't expect a miracle in terms of audio quality, but it surely would be a huge upgrade over anything we've had before, right? I guess it depends on what the band's source is, if the master tape is available/what the level of quality it was, given that it was an amateur release.

I figured the pre-order announcement was coming this Friday - maybe it'll be moved up because of the leak from yesterday. It seems like a lot of work was put into the website, though, and I'd imagine they wouldn't want to just throw that out the window, so they'll stick with the original timeline.

Mike said the Xero tape was recorded straight to tape and copied from there. For those exact versions of the songs, that's all that exists. Check the Xero page on Linkinpedia - that info is directly from Mike who emailed it to Derek of LPA a few years ago. Derek sent it over to us.

But what we do know is the band got the Zomba deal right after that and got tens of thousands of dollars of new gear. They immediately started recording demos with that gear. Rhinestone, Slip, Pictureboard, Esaul, etc. Probably the Rapology stuff, or at least some of it. So, the stuff on the HT20 demo CD could certainly be Mark's stuff - if they re recorded Reading My Eyes and Stick N Move then that's totally possible.

Some of these instrumentals like Esaul and Rhinestone (likely Slip) were used for Chester to sing over when he joined the band - same instrumentals.

6 minutes ago, Igussek said:

Haha, I will try to buy box set and the PS5 😅😅😅

Lol. While it would certainly be ideal to get both my wife may not be too happy with me. I'm ready to drop $300 to $400 for a crazy set if there is one. She may prefer the PS5, but ay its Hybrid Theory lol

21 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

What do we think guys? Announcement today? Tomorrow? Friday?

I guess maybe friday! And I´m expecting a recording of a Xero or Hybrid Theory show, by this time anything can happen ahahaha!

Edited by jopevc

12 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Mike said the Xero tape was recorded straight to tape and copied from there. For those exact versions of the songs, that's all that exists. Check the Xero page on Linkinpedia - that info is directly from Mike who emailed it to Derek of LPA a few years ago. Derek sent it over to us.

But what we do know is the band got the Zomba deal right after that and got tens of thousands of dollars of new gear. They immediately started recording demos with that gear. Rhinestone, Slip, Pictureboard, Esaul, etc. Probably the Rapology stuff, or at least some of it. So, the stuff on the HT20 demo CD could certainly be Mark's stuff - if they re recorded Reading My Eyes and Stick N Move then that's totally possible.

Some of these instrumentals like Esaul and Rhinestone (likely Slip) were used for Chester to sing over when he joined the band - same instrumentals.

I know this has been covered in this thread already, but it makes me wonder how much they'd be willing to open the doors on Mark's stuff, what the determining factor would be. Would it be weird for them, given Chester's situation? Do they think, even with the upgraded quality, it would all just sound too amateur given that Mark is...not a professional singer? All of it would be of great interest to the kind of person who's going to buy the big boy special edition (whatever form that takes), so I don't think it'd really be about what the fans are interested in.

I'm personally most interested in re-recorded Xero songs with Chester, but if there's Mark content on there - ESPECIALLY stuff we've never heard before, notwithstanding recent discoveries - I'd still be mega hype. And I'm going to buy the big boy special edition no matter what.