Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

9 minutes ago, hahninator said:

Who says that’s the only CD? This is just a teaser campaign. They haven’t announced anything officially. 

54 minutes ago, jopevc said:

"These should complete the collection with the ones we found on the old computer..."

I'm afraid that might be the case, let's hope not.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, SFNL14 said:

I remember these flyers. I think Mike's wife shared them on the 10th anniversary? I know I remember at least 2 of these.

Yeah Anna shared some around the Sunset Music Festival. We submitted all of this to LP in March. 

2 hours ago, hahninator said:

It’s likely the last songs on the CD are the versions we already have. Quality upgrades maybe. But And One isn’t there so they will likely release the HTEP one.

The Xero songs could be with Mark, they may not be the Chester versions. We will see. 

We removed the Dropbox leak from April as we were asked to not share that here. 

Nice job by WBR to incorporate Mike’s leak into the promo campaign haha

Wouldn't be the mark demos that's 100% sure

It’s likely the last songs on the CD are the versions we already have. Quality upgrades maybe. But And One isn’t there so they will likely release the HTEP one.

The Xero songs could be with Mark, they may not be the Chester versions. We will see. 

Having mark tracks doesn't make any sense.  It's clearly gonna  be Chester tracks 

What makes you think that it will be mark tracks 

They’re celebrating the 20th anniversary of their debut album that has nothing to do with Mark other than the fact he was on some very early tracks of 4 songs....they’re not celebrating Xero. I highly doubt Marks vocals are on any of these. 

2 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

I can't access these songs how do I listen to them?

help me 

lol

There's nothing to listen at the moment. The site is just a marketing campaign to get fans excited for what's to come. We'll have to wait until October for the anniversary release.

I really disagree about the Mark thing. He was a part of the band’s beginnings. It’s certainly reasonable to think he could be on this. This isn’t an LPU demo CD of only LP stuff. This is like a “time capsule” sort of thing of how the band began and their rise to fame - all centered around the Hybrid Theory album. It’d surprise me if not even one song with him was on any of this. 

The fact that Mark and the band are on good terms leads me to think they have no reason to exclude him/ It's not like there's any kind of bad blood that would make it awkward. It's a celebration of HT, but the foundations of HT were laid with Xero. Any Xero songs that weren't re-recorded with Chester shouldn't be excluded arbitrarily.

Mark left, which we can all be thankful for since his departure opened the door for Chester to come in and take LP to unimaginable heights.

I don't get why people are so against having songs with Mark. i know he is not Chester or he wasn't the best singer, but maybe we would not have LP without him. he helped write some songs that ended up on HT or later releases (LPU11).

Yeah maybe a song like Fiends ain't a masterpiece but hell is cool to have something like that so if they for example release a Esaul version with Mark vocals i would be down for that

21 minutes ago, hahninator said:

This is like a “time capsule” sort of thing of how the band began and their rise to fame - all centered around the Hybrid Theory album

You can clearly see this with the old photos and unused HT art

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

they have no reason to exclude him/ It's not like there's any kind of bad blood that would make it awkward

Is cool that they have a good relationship, is not something that happend very often with ex members of bands that got big so why not including him

On 8/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, Coizu said:

So I have a very good idea of what will happen next:

On day 3 we will get the password. Once you enter it, the screen will look like this:

lmS9bTy.jpg

In addition it will add two items to the "Documents" menu in the Start menu:

* For Review: there are indicators that these will be the 4 tracks

* Image Approvals: I assume some unreleased artwork or photos or something like that

The IDs for the content that is loaded are already there but when you try to load the data from the server it will return nothing. So we have to wait until they are unlocked server side.

The password is "4P7LYE" and it was found through Defragger

If we're speculating, the Mark thing can go either way imho, and its really based on what he feels and what conversation he had with the rest of the band, which probably has some factors from his own preferences and the band's preferences we don't know about. There's a thousand personal factors that can go into such a decision.

In other words, I wouldn't bet my life or money on either being true.

Normally I would agree that there wouldnt be any songs with Mark on vocals. But if you take a look at all this promo, you see the Xero name allover. So I think we might indeed get a couple Mark songs. Personally I wish we get Esaul with Mark.

To those people talking about “Much-Too-Easy” By Myself demo. “Much-Too-Easy” is a fan given title. The demo was most probably called Super Xero as most By Myself demos, so there is a chance this might be it. Honestly I would love it to be it. 

I really think this release is going to be great, but im afraid we might be setting up the bar too high. Everyone is almost certain we are getting Chester’s audition tape and Pictureboard and I dont wanna be let down if its not it. But Im sure it will be a good release anyway. Ive never been more hyped for any such thing. 

Edited by SerioDrew

4 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

There's nothing to listen at the moment. The site is just a marketing campaign to get fans excited for what's to come. We'll have to wait until October for the anniversary release.

Oh shoot, that's what I was afraid of. :(

Im not against any Mark stuff, I just don’t see that happening. Yes Mark was apart of early stuff, but it was Xero. Hybrid Theory, even as a band name was Chester. Every thing they did was for the debut album. They dipped back in to some Xero songs and done those with Chester for Hybrid Theory. It’s a Hybrid Theory celebration. Imo, I believe the songs are from Chester’s audition, not Xero era Mark. Kind of makes more sense to me of why they randomly played Reading My Eyes back in 2006, makes it more believable to me that Chester recorded vocals for it on his audition tape. But that’s just what I feel, obviously I have no clue, none of us do lol we’ll find out when we find out! Excited either way!

Edited by DylHDZ

Where the duck is Fuse yo? Boi gonna be crazy to listen to Stick N Move with Chester vocals!

Cant believe we are getting everything Mike showed on Twitch, amazing.

Also love Mark as well, hope we get to hear more of his recordings despite the band never releasing anything with him under the LP name. That 1999 version of Rhinestone is awesome!

Personally, I don't think "Esaul", "Super Xero", "Carousel", POA and "Crawling" will be new demos that we don't know. All of those have been out there for a long time and I don't see why there would be other versions included but we'll see.

I would have liked for the LPU songs to be included here ("Slip", "So Far Away", "Blue") as well to make the collection of songs complete. But it's ok, I won't really complain just yet before we know what we are facing :).

Edited by Trumtram

3 hours ago, MetalNacional said:

Where the duck is Fuse yo? Boi gonna be crazy to listen to Stick N Move with Chester vocals!

Cant believe we are getting everything Mike showed on Twitch, amazing.

Also love Mark as well, hope we get to hear more of his recordings despite the band never releasing anything with him under the LP name. That 1999 version of Rhinestone is awesome!

Why did I miss that stream. Is that special stream available on YouTube?

10 minutes ago, virusx360 said:

Why did I miss that stream. Is that special stream available on YouTube?

Mike accidentally leak part of the tracklist, the same that is now available through the puzzle on the site. he didn't play any of the songs or anything like that

*If it is againts the rules to discuss this i delete the post*

3 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Personally, I don't think "Esaul", "Super Xero", "Carousel", POA and "Crawling" will be new demos that we don't know. All of those have been out there for a long time and I don't see why there would be other versions included but we'll see.

I would have liked for the LPU songs to be included here ("Slip", "So Far Away", "Blue") as well to make the collection of songs complete. But it's ok, I won't really complain just yet before we know what we are facing :).

Esaul, Super Xero, Carousel, POA and Crawling might not be new, but they will be remastered, so they will probably sound more polished. Also they haven't been officially released. Slip, So Far Away and Blue could be released but they don't make as much sense because we already have them via LPU and don't need any more polishing.