Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

So the two unknown tracks besides the two we already know will be probably revealed on the next update which I guess has gotta do something with software installer or web meeting.

The next things that will do something are most probably the Network settings or the System properties.

Literally spent 15+ years just trying to get the names of the songs on the tape. That's it, just the names. It was important to know what songs were there.

This could be it. Absolutely crazy. If that's true, Linkin Park just outdid every band's box set with this providing there's other good content too.

Random fact: The password thing was changed a couple of minutes after the site was changed (but way before LP tweeted about the update). Initially you could just go right into the password thing and enter it. A couple of minutes later they changed it so you can only enter the valid password if you opened the defrag thing before.

24 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Literally spent 15+ years just trying to get the names of the songs on the tape. That's it, just the names. It was important to know what songs were there.

This could be it. Absolutely crazy. If that's true, Linkin Park just outdid every band's box set with this providing there's other good content too.

What tape

2 hours ago, xeroboi said:

When we getting them?

You’ve been asking questions like this for the entire thread. We don’t know lol. That’s the whole point of the band doing it this way. We know the same info as you do, and all of that info is in here.

I promise you, as soon as finding out solid details is possible, it will be posted here immediately.

Just now, hybrider said:

02_PB_Edit_2020_442420.wav is definitely Pictureboard. But it is edited this year. Edit_2020 means that they removed sample from it so it could be released. Guys, we will hear Pictureboard! But without sample in it.

Same with She Couldn’t i believe, that’s the only reason why that song will be released “Above Ground” i 

Stick 'N Move with Chester and his amazing voice. Imagine how could it sound like. This was my dream to hear this. I also hope they will reveal 4 more demos where would be Fuse with Chester and Mike. I want complete all Xero Demos with Chester. 😍

1 hour ago, hybrider said:

02_PB_Edit_2020_442420.wav is definitely Pictureboard. But it is edited this year. Edit_2020 means that they removed sample from it so it could be released. Guys, we will hear Pictureboard! But without sample in it.

That doesn't mean the sample is gone, necessarily. Look at Mike's track record with editing LPU demos. Faint, Sad, and Across The Line were all chopped up on the LPU 9 CD. That's just ONE CD of LPU songs, imagine what the rest could look like. Homecoming probably had vocals. They probably removed a ton of scat vocals from MTM stuff as well. It's just standard practice that Mike "cleans up" a demo before its release - Pictureboard could very well have the samples and the band paid to clear them. We will see. It's just speculation at this point, but he could have just chopped the intro or outro of the song like he did on LPU 9.

1 hour ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Same with She Couldn’t i believe, that’s the only reason why that song will be released “Above Ground” i 

Or, the band could just pay to clear the sample. With a release this big, the sample still might be in it.  It samples "B-Boy Document '99" by High & Mighty. https://youtu.be/qQ3Xru8oHfE?t=171

Might not be expensive to clear the sample.

1 hour ago, hybrider said:

Stick 'N Move with Chester and his amazing voice. Imagine how could it sound like. This was my dream to hear this. I also hope they will reveal 4 more demos where would be Fuse with Chester and Mike. I want complete all Xero Demos with Chester. 😍

It's entirely possible Chester never sang on Fuse and the band just abandoned that song.