Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

9 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

No it wasn't hard to figure out lol. But we were slightly biased having seen the tracks when Mike accidentally shared them anyways. 

But yeah, it's crazy how people are like "are they gonna announce a new singer?" and all these wild guesses. 

Thats exactly what i was talking about lol, people have some wild ideas

3 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

Could anybody figure out the password?

The password is in the thread but you have to run the defragger first to use it

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, GeekShadow said:

Removed

I think Derek/ LPLIVE co are trying to avoid spoilers - maybe we should wait until the guys announce in the webmeeting before posting links? 

Edited by dampney
Removed Quote

So there's only two different packages available, and the Super Deluxe Box Set doesn't even have the B-Sides vinyl.
I really wanted the EP on vinyl, but already have HT and Reanimation, plus some of the CD's and the DVD.
Really disappointed there aren't smaller bundles with different combinations, or even single items to purchase. Doesn't look like I'll be buying either of these, which sucks because I was really excited for this too.

2 hours ago, denemy said:

So there's only two different packages available, and the Super Deluxe Box Set doesn't even have the B-Sides vinyl.
I really wanted the EP on vinyl, but already have HT and Reanimation, plus some of the CD's and the DVD.
Really disappointed there aren't smaller bundles with different combinations, or even single items to purchase. Doesn't look like I'll be buying either of these, which sucks because I was really excited for this too.

You think you will listen B-Sides so often as album tracks on vynil?)

Or you just want this for vynil collection?

I am torn on my impression if the computer thing was supposed to go that way.

The thing that makes me thing that this was the plan all along is that we had the list of all themes right from the beginning and they didn't skip one. We got the last possible theme yesterday. 

6 hours ago, collder said:

You think you will listen B-Sides so often as album tracks on vynil?)

Or you just want this for vynil collection?

I'd just want it for my collection. But calling something Super Deluxe and not having everything available included seems weird.

It will bother a lot of completionists and collectors out there to know that there's a vinyl technically included with the release that they won't be getting. So they have to choose between either not having it, or buying it and therefore having duplicates of the other 3 vinyls. Hate to say it, but it feels like they had to have known that would be the situation, and still did it that way. Personally I would rather pay $200 and have all of the items included in the release, and it may bother me to have a vinyl missing, but not so much that I would buy another box set just to have it lol. At least it's the B-Sides vinyl and not HT EP, HT, or Reanimation.

That's probably the biggest issue I can see with this release. We know LP themselves didn't make that decision, and from Mark's stream with Adam I don't think he made that decision either. It had to be the marketing team at Warner.

22 minutes ago, djzap said:

has the password stopped working now for everyone? no longer works for me.

is there a new password now for something else?!

Nope, still working as expected. You can go to the password thing and enter it, you don't even need to open the defragger first anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, LPLStaff said:

SONG TITLES on LinkinPark.com:

01. Dialate - Completely unknown/unheard song. Unknown if Mark or Chester sings the song.

02. PB (Edit) - Could be the legendary song "Pictureboard" which is unreleased, but teased by Mike several times dating back many years.

03. She Couldn't - Demo leaked by LPLive in July 2009, never officially released. Version leaked has static on the end of the song, a release on Hybrid Theory 20 would be a huge quality upgrade.

04. Could Have Been - Completely unknown/unheard song. Unknown if Mark or Chester sings the song.
05. Reading My Eyes - Xero song from 1996 on the 4 track cassette demo. Could be a re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998, or a Chester audition version. Unknown if Mark or Chester sings this song.
06. Rhinestone - "Forgotten" demo. Xero song from 1996 on the 4 track cassette demo. Could be a re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998 (leaked in 2019), a Chester audition version, or a Chester studio version (previously released). Unknown if Mark or Chester sings this song.

07. Esaul  - Xero song from 1996, turned into "A Place For My Head" eventually. Could be a re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998, a Chester audition version, or a Chester studio version (previously released). Unknown if Mark or Chester sings this song.
08. Stick N Move - "Runaway" demoXero song from 1996 on the 4 track cassette demo. Could be a re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998, or a Chester audition version. This song was not re-recorded with Chester in a studio version after he joined the band. Unknown if Mark or Chester sings this song.
09. Carousel - Since it isn't grouped with other Hybrid Theory EP songs, this is likely a demo from the Hybrid Theory demo CDs (7 track, 8 track, 9 track). Could possibly be unreleased.

10. Points Of Authority - Unknown if this is a demo on one of the Hybrid Theory demo CDs or is unreleased.

11. Crawling - Unknown if this is a demo on one of the Hybrid Theory demo CDs or is unreleased.

12. Super Xero - "By Myself" demo. Unknown if this is a demo on one of the Hybrid Theory demo CDs or is unreleased.

Update 2 years later:

01. Dialate - 1996 Xero Demo (Mark sings the song). Previously unknown/unheard song.

02. PB (Edit) - 1999 demo. Is the legendary song "Pictureboard" which was previously unreleased, but teased by Mike several times dating back many years. (Chester sings the song).

03. She Couldn't - 2000 demo. Demo leaked by LPLive in July 2009, never officially released. Version leaked has static on the end of the song, a release on Hybrid Theory 20 would be a huge quality upgrade. (Chester sings the song).

04. Could Have Been - 1999 demo (Chester sings the song). Previously unknown/unheard song.
05. Reading My Eyes - 1997 Xero demo. Xero song from 1996 on the Xero 4 track cassette demo. Is the same version that's on the tape (Mark sings this song).
06. Rhinestone - 1998 Xero demo. "Forgotten" demo. Xero song from 1996 on the Xero 4 track cassette demo. Is the re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998 (leaked in 2019) [Mark sings this song].

07. Esaul  - 1998 Xero demo.  Xero song from 1996, turned into "A Place For My Head" eventually. Is a re-recorded studio version with Mark from 1998 (Mark sings this song).
08. Stick N Move - 2000 demo. "Runaway" demo. Xero song from 1996 on the Xero 4 track cassette demo. Is a Chester studio version (Chester sings this song).
09. Carousel - 2000 demo. 8/7-track demo version (Chester sings this song).

10. Points Of Authority - 2000 demo. 6-track demo version (Chester sings this song).

11. Crawling - 2000 demo. 9-track demo version (Chester sings this song).

12. Super Xero - 2000 demo. "By Myself" demo. 9/8/7-track demo version (Chester sings this song).

Also, yes, this is 2 years late, lol.

Edited by NJPLP