Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

2 minutes ago, gorast said:

I know this has been covered in this thread already, but it makes me wonder how much they'd be willing to open the doors on Mark's stuff, what the determining factor would be. Would it be weird for them, given Chester's situation? Do they think, even with the upgraded quality, it would all just sound too amateur given that Mark is...not a professional singer? All of it would be of great interest to the kind of person who's going to buy the big boy special edition (whatever form that takes), so I don't think it'd really be about what the fans are interested in.

I'm personally most interested in re-recorded Xero songs with Chester, but if there's Mark content on there - ESPECIALLY stuff we've never heard before, notwithstanding recent discoveries - I'd still be mega hype. And I'm going to buy the big boy special edition no matter what.

Yeah, great question. Truly don't know the answer to that, if they think it's too amateur or not. We will find out very soon probably haha

So, we technically do have re-recorded Xero songs with Chester in the sense that we have Esaul from LPU 11 (+ the other Esaul demos), and Rhinestone demo. Pictureboard, if that's on there with Chester, too. Mike said they did not record Stick N Move again with Chester, so the one on there surely has to be Mark's unless it is the audition tape of Chester.

This week will answer a lot.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, gorast said:

I know this has been covered in this thread already, but it makes me wonder how much they'd be willing to open the doors on Mark's stuff, what the determining factor would be. Would it be weird for them, given Chester's situation? Do they think, even with the upgraded quality, it would all just sound too amateur given that Mark is...not a professional singer? All of it would be of great interest to the kind of person who's going to buy the big boy special edition (whatever form that takes), so I don't think it'd really be about what the fans are interested in.

I'm personally most interested in re-recorded Xero songs with Chester, but if there's Mark content on there - ESPECIALLY stuff we've never heard before, notwithstanding recent discoveries - I'd still be mega hype. And I'm going to buy the big boy special edition no matter what.

I agree with you, I would take anything they're willing to give us. I'd prefer Chester, but I love this specific era and find it really interesting hearing the demos & progressions. If anything I hope for is the Hybrid Theory EP again. I have my case and artwork, but I've managed to lose the cd somehow. I've got the MP3s but it'd be nice to get that back again. 

Announcement is tomorrow 7am pst

Update time!

New theme for today: Inverted!

Pictures for that theme: 

i53453423.jpg

84hfnsns.png

New Email from Joe:

"Hey guys I think we’re all set. Let’s drop the announcement tomorrow at 7am PST via WebMeeting. "

Mike responds with a gif:

ilovejoe.gif

5 minutes ago, LinkInThePark said:

You can't even think about what would've/could've happen if 20th July didn't happen...but we should be proud and thankful for what they are doing

This release would still be happening for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Burberry said:

We're not geting "new" music, we're getting previously unreleased stuff, mixed with things we heard.
What's even the point in nitpicking things like that

Which is, technically, new music...just 20 Years old but new to us, cause we never heard some of it... 

I guess saying....JUst because it's 20 Years old doesn't mean it's not new? Sounds weird but it is true 

Edited by LinkInThePark

things that weren't unlocked of the site:

System Properties > Graphics
System Properties> Hardware Profiles

Network> Installed network (Basic Client, Dialup, TCP/IP)

So... really feels like some stuf were left aside.

Too much work to make this webpage for less than 1 week of stuff happening.

Edited by vinifeijo

Just now, LinkInThePark said:

Which is, technically, new music...just 20 Years old but new to us, cause we never heard some of it... 

I guess saying....JUst because it's 20 Years old doesn't mean it's old? Sounds weird but it is true 

I might've poorly expressed my thoughts with that. What i meant was the fact that we're getting new music pretty soon, which even though it's old (or pretty new if you take into consideration those tracks are probably somehow remastered for the release) is new to us, because we have never heard it earlier.

4 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

things that weren't unlocked of the site:

System Properties > Graphics
System Properties> Hardware Profiles

Network> Installed network (Basic Client, Dialup, TCP/IP)

So... really feels like some stuf were left aside.

Too much work to make this webpage for less than 1 week of stuff happening.

We have almost two months ahead, it seems we will discover new things weekly until october. 

Edited by Capacity