Linkin Park's Old Band Computer

LPLStaff

1 minute ago, Burberry said:

I might've poorly expressed my thoughts with that. What i meant was the fact that we're getting new music pretty soon, which even though it's old (or pretty new if you take into consideration those tracks are probably somehow remastered for the release) is new to us, because we have never heard it earlier.

Yep that's what I'm thinking of too 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If pre-order links are what's going live tomorrow (that's not guaranteed based on the ambiguity of the update today), they might use a demo as an immediate pre-order incentive. Like a lead single, except it's a demo instead of new shit. I'd imagine it would be a track we already have, maybe one of the LPU tracks, or maybe an alt of Esaul or something that's never been released through official channels. They'll almost certainly hold all the real new shit for either the release itself or closer to the release.

1 hour ago, gorast said:

If pre-order links are what's going live tomorrow (that's not guaranteed based on the ambiguity of the update today), they might use a demo as an immediate pre-order incentive. Like a lead single, except it's a demo instead of new shit. I'd imagine it would be a track we already have, maybe one of the LPU tracks, or maybe an alt of Esaul or something that's never been released through official channels. They'll almost certainly hold all the real new shit for either the release itself or closer to the release.

Agreed. I'm thinking they'll release something hardcore fans already know but is a totally new song to casual fans, like Carousel. And then they'll probably release whatever versions of Points of Authority, Essaul, etc. on the way to the release date to keep the general audience who knows the real versions of those songs intrigued. I'm curious if it will actually be on Spotify though or just a download or YouTube video. I hope it's an all-out disc + streaming + vinyl etc.

1 minute ago, LPLStaff said:

They will be able to get a #1 album from this release. A big part of that is streaming. It most certainly will be on streaming. You'll want as many songs on streaming as possible for that.

#1 in Germany for sure. German charts are based on revenue and not based on the units sold so with a more expensive box set it is much easier to get a #1. Pretty much every German band or musician releases a new album as a box set to reach a high chart position.

39 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

They should release A Place For My Head as the lead single, no one would complain 

Fan favorite

A great fucking video

Best song of the album by far.

I agree. They should release it as the lead single. The demos from the song are interesting as well as the original song. As soon as you listen to the song and through the whole song, especially during the bridge where Chester screams, it sends energy coursing throughout your whole body and just gets you pumped up.

46 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

They should release A Place For My Head as the lead single, no one would complain 

Fan favorite

A great fucking video

Best song of the album by far.

That's why I'm thinking we'll definitely get that, or POA, during the promotion for the release for sure. Fan favorites that everyone can enjoy hearing some new verses to. 

No BS, one of the versions of Esaul would be a great hype track for pre-orders. Same energy as the final song since the instrumental is mostly the same, but you get new "content" since Mike's verses are different in every version of the song. Regardless of whether or not it's a version we already have (be it from LPU or the 9-track demo), for marketing purposes it seems like a good pick. That or an In the End demo, lol.

28 minutes ago, gorast said:

No BS, one of the versions of Esaul would be a great hype track for pre-orders. Same energy as the final song since the instrumental is mostly the same, but you get new "content" since Mike's verses are different in every version of the song. Regardless of whether or not it's a version we already have (be it from LPU or the 9-track demo), for marketing purposes it seems like a good pick. That or an In the End demo, lol.

I would love it to be Esaul, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it were a demo of ITE or Crawling.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

LMAO BIG FAN OF THAT IDEA ACTUALLY

Let's start the campaign dude, im dead serious. 

None of the demos have the quality to be the lead single of this release. 

APFMH has every element of what HT is all about. 

BTW im not taking about having the demo version of the song that would be very awkward. 

APFMH ALBUM FUCKING VERSION

I NEED THAT FUCK YEAH. 

Edited by JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan

I hate to keep bringing up The Beatles lol but I only remember this because I was following all the pre-order stuff.

What they did during the pre-order phase for their anniversary releases was to release the album version of a song, remastered, and a demo of that song.

For example, when they announced Abbey Road pre-orders, they released Something (remastered), and an early take of that same song.

So for LP, if they did have HT remastered, the equivalent would be like if they announced pre-orders and released the album version of APFMH (remastered) and Esaul. That would be great, and my point is that there's precedent for bands doing that.

Edited by Justin

Still holding out hope for the pro-shot video of the Download Festival full-album performance. Or a vinyl with that on it. Even make it one of the discs, along with the BBC full album show from '01 or whenever? 

I'm so beyond excited for this, and hope LP give the rest of their albums the same anniversary treatment when they turn 20 :)

Was all of the stuff on the LP website hard to figure out? i still see people having no idea whats going on and thinking that the band would release a new album or stuff like that.

I mean its clearly promo for HT stuff you don't need to have a galaxy brain to realize that.

16 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Was all of the stuff on the LP website hard to figure out? i still see people having no idea whats going on and thinking that the band would release a new album or stuff like that.

I mean its clearly promo for HT stuff you don't need to have a galaxy brain to realize that.

No it wasn't hard to figure out lol. But we were slightly biased having seen the tracks when Mike accidentally shared them anyways. 

But yeah, it's crazy how people are like "are they gonna announce a new singer?" and all these wild guesses.