LPLStaff

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Is HT going to be remastered? 

Is it necessary? 

From the corrupted music files on the website to Mike leaking the “mastered” files on twitch - I’m feeling it’ll be a ‘remastered’ HT with the new tracks (from website) package.

If this is true, begs the forever tricky question - do i listen to the remastered or original release? 😅

My body is ready.

There is a huge chance that we will get stuff that was longed for by fans since the early days of the album's life cycle. Unbelievable what possibilites there are for a great box set. Finally getting the chance to listen to Chester's audition tape would be amazing. I'm so incredibly hyped. It's like reliving my teen years.

I also have some hopes for a Frat Party part 2 kind of thing because I can't recall the snippets from the mails being out anywhere. A retrospective documentary about the album and its cycle would be a cherry on the icing of the huge ass nostalgia cake. I'm willed to throw hard earned cash at this thing.

11 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

My body is ready.

There is a huge chance that we will get stuff that was longed for by fans since the early days of the album's life cycle. Unbelievable what possibilites there are for a great box set. Finally getting the chance to listen to Chester's audition tape would be amazing. I'm so incredibly hyped. It's like reliving my teen years.

I also have some hopes for a Frat Party part 2 kind of thing because I can't recall the snippets from the mails being out anywhere. A retrospective documentary about the album and its cycle would be a cherry on the icing of the huge ass nostalgia cake. I'm willed to throw hard earned cash at this thing.

It seems like, just by looking at this a few days into a teaser campaign, that they really went above and beyond with this. Imagine if there is other stuff involved, like you said, that we haven't seen. Extremely impressed so far. Chester audition tape and the super rare demos (Pictureboard, She Couldn't, and several unreleased ones)... that's just unbelievable. If this was 2014, the thread would be 25 pages by now.

10 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

It seems like, just by looking at this a few days into a teaser campaign, that they really went above and beyond with this. Imagine if there is other stuff involved, like you said, that we haven't seen. Extremely impressed so far. Chester audition tape and the super rare demos (Pictureboard, She Couldn't, and several unreleased ones)... that's just unbelievable. If this was 2014, the thread would be 25 pages by now.

Completely agree. These demos are 100% what we've been waiting for years. If you add frat party 2, video from the studio sessions and a ton of unreleased art to the equation, this is shit's going to be so epic. 

3 minutes ago, mrfox said:

I guess they will save some stuff for HT30, highly doubt we will get like 4cds. HT remastered on cd1 with downloadable 24bit version and 10 demos on cd2 imo

Bands usually don't do more than 1 big blowout release for an album. Just one and that's it, all said and done. HT30 won't happen, it'll be ATS20 by then which should (if things go right) get the same treatment as HT20. By setting the bar high with HT20, they have set it up so every album on its 20th anniversary can get a great release.

Metallica, for example, doesn't do a big release every 10 years for an album, it's just one big one they explode and close the door on. If LP is going to do something, now's the time. Could easily see this being 4 CDs, a DVD, a vinyl, merch, art. Something epic. We'll see.

Maybe it's announced THIS week.

14 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Bands usually don't do more than 1 big blowout release for an album. Just one and that's it, all said and done. HT30 won't happen, it'll be ATS20 by then which should (if things go right) get the same treatment as HT20. By setting the bar high with HT20, they have set it up so every album on its 20th anniversary can get a great release.

Metallica, for example, doesn't do a big release every 10 years for an album, it's just one big one they explode and close the door on. If LP is going to do something, now's the time. Could easily see this being 4 CDs, a DVD, a vinyl, merch, art. Something epic. We'll see.

Maybe it's announced THIS week.

I'm honestly already hyped at just the thought of ATS 20. Amazing album, and the imagery of the ATS era was really cool. It will make any box sets look amazing.

Also, no, I can't imagine this whole thing is leading up to just HT remastered with a few bonus tracks lol.

42 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I also have some hopes for a Frat Party part 2 kind of thing because I can't recall the snippets from the mails being out anywhere. A retrospective documentary about the album and its cycle would be a cherry on the icing of the huge ass nostalgia cake.

The thing is, as far as I'm concerned, the band never recorded any footage inside of the studio during the making of HT. The basically started producing Making-Of documentaries with Meteora because they wanted to show their creative process, and as Mike hinted in Get Me Gone, disprove that they were a studio-manufactured act. You can see in the beginning of Making of Meteora Phoenix is talking about how Mike came up with the idea for the album, which to me implies it was really the first time they thought about doing it.

Obviously there might be some promotional photos of the band inside the studio but I doubt there's any footage, let alone enough footage to constitute a documentary. 

38 minutes ago, mrfox said:

I guess they will save some stuff for HT30, highly doubt we will get like 4cds. HT remastered on cd1 with downloadable 24bit version and 10 demos on cd2 imo

Pretty sure we’re gonna get 4 more demos, if you look on the “leak” Mike had carousel, points of authority and 2 more tracks at the bottom you can barely see. 12 total

As I go through comments here and there, most fans I see talk about Chester's audtion tape and demos. OF COURSE it's all about the music BUT don't forget there are people involved in this (and always have been) What I'm trying to say is, apart from the music, which all of us would like to get and listen to ASAP, I would love to get a photo album just like MTM had (the deluxe coffee table book) with comments on how it was back then (and I know they still have some cool stories to tell) etc. PHOTOS, STORIES AND MUSIC.

24 minutes ago, Spyroexe said:

The thing is, as far as I'm concerned, the band never recorded any footage inside of the studio during the making of HT. The basically started producing Making-Of documentaries with Meteora because they wanted to show their creative process, and as Mike hinted in Get Me Gone, disprove that they were a studio-manufactured act. You can see in the beginning of Making of Meteora Phoenix is talking about how Mike came up with the idea for the album, which to me implies it was really the first time they thought about doing it.

Obviously there might be some promotional photos of the band inside the studio but I doubt there's any footage, let alone enough footage to constitute a documentary. 

pretty sure they did record in the studio. Look at the OML video there’s footage from HT we never seen also video of mike and Chester in vocal booths recording HT 

Edited by sian18

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Shame that's site and other fan site aren't big anymore 

4 minutes ago, sian18 said:

pretty sure they did record in the studio. Look at the OML video there’s footage from HT we never seen also video of mike and Chester in vocal booths recording HT 

That's a clip from the BBC Session in 2001. https://lplive.net/shows/2001/20010112

There's like 3-4 more seconds of that in the Hybrid Theory Spain EPK I think. If not, I can't remember where else it is. But yes, that's from the studio session in London recording those 4 songs for radio. 

Footage making HT may not exist in any form. But they could put something like this BBC video out, that'd be absolutely awesome.

1 hour ago, Spyroexe said:

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't think there will be behind the scenes stuff from the recording process. But they could still tell the story of the album without it. The vault includes rehearsal and live footage which can help build a narrative. Throw in some pictures here and there, the band members narrating the whole thing and you could tell this episode of the HT cycle. Shortly after the release the band started to document themselves via video and I'm sure there is a whole lot of footage that never got released (case in point, the whirlpool stuff). Thus a Frat Party part 2 is not fully out of the question, seeing as it was more a touring documentary footage-wise.

I know that the whole thing is not really likely but still the chance is there if you like to follow vague hints :D.

Ah, and I would fancy a nice book as well. There needs to be something visually to tell the stories of this album cycle.

7 hours ago, dampney said:

From the corrupted music files on the website to Mike leaking the “mastered” files on twitch - I’m feeling it’ll be a ‘remastered’ HT with the new tracks (from website) package.

If this is true, begs the forever tricky question - do i listen to the remastered or original release? 😅

I'm doubtful they would really touch the actual Hybrid Theory tracks though. The EP songs need some remastering and that's why we've seen that Mike is reviewing those masters. But I'm very doubtful he'd want HT itself to be remastered. I'm guessing it'll just be called "Hybrid Theory 20th anniversary edition" or something with all the EP stuff on a b-side. 

10 minutes ago, jopevc said:

What about the "Much-too-easy" By Myself demo? It would be cool if it was one of the two songs that we couldn´t see on Mike´s computer  

THIS.

Why nobody mention it before???

Edited by Diaux