MTV VMA's

hahninator

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike in the beginning sounded really really fucking weird, but his singing got way better after that. The very very shortened version of the song sucks. I wasn't really impressed with this performance except for Rob's drumming which was fucking awesome and the gang vocals which were cool. Hopefully by the time they do a US tour, they'll get all the kinks worked out.

Edited by iamsatan

I'm not sure what happened to the mixing when MTV aired the performance, but I was actually there and it sounded much better in person (to me at least). I was at the corner of the center stage, right behind Mike and in front of Joe's stage. I couldn't see Phoenix at all and my view of Chester was kind of obscured by the center stage's wall, but I did have a great view of Joe, Brad, Rob, and um, Mike's back. The nice thing was that whenever Mike/Chester needed something, the stagehand would pop up right next to me. So Mike came over to me on multiple occasions. And Chester came by my corner in between songs and shook my hand, so that was cool. Got his autograph after the show too.

I thought it was funny how LP went about playing the bonus songs. After they did a quick rehearsal of The Catalyst, they spontaneously jumped into Bleed It Out. Then, while waiting for the actual VMA performance to begin, Joe and Mike played bits and pieces of various songs (the intro to Numb, the beat of Wretches & Kings and When They Come From Me, etc.). Chester sung the first line of Crawling after fans requested it, and Phoenix and Rob did the bass line/rhythm of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song for a few seconds (the name of the song escapes me right now). Then came the televised performance of The Catalyst, and after that, the band did New Divide. Chester brought his mic stand over to the backside of the stage (basically where I was) as compensation for being hidden from view during the Catalyst performance, which was cool of him. Interestingly, MTV had all the lights and effects synced up with New Divide and appeared to have filmed it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up online one of these days.

Overall I thought it was a lot of fun. The band was super nice and seemed genuinely appreciative of everyone being there. Chester even stuck around for a good 20 minutes or so signing autographs for people as they were leaving.

Edited by JSR

I get 1080i HD

General : Linkin Park - The Catalyst VMA 2010 1080i MPEG2 DD5.1.ts

Format : MPEG-TS at 15.4 Mbps

Length : 448 MB for 4min 4s 562ms

Video #0 : MPEG Video at 13.9 Mbps

Aspect : 1920 x 1080 (1.778) at 29.970 fps

Audio #0 : AC-3 at 384 Kbps

Infos : 6, 48.0 KHz

DL:http://u.115.com/file/t25c63a96d

:lol: enjoy it

Edited by Freestyle99

Interesting performance ... definitely needs some fine tuning, but I expect much better from their Tuesday performance and any subsequent ones since this was the dumb downed MTV edit crap they force bands to do with live performances. Chester was pretty rough, Mike sounded better in the "lift me up" sequence, HAHN SINGING = EPIC lol

Really looking forward to Tuesday night's recap to see how they incorporate the new songs into the old rotation!

I get 1080i HD

Can anybody upload this on the megaupload?

I get 1080i HD

can you upload this somewhere else? tried getting it from this site for 15 min and i dont know how to =/

edit:

never mind downloading it now

Edited by luki9875

I get 1080i HD

448 MB !? :blink: thats huge man

anyway it was fuckin amazing :D LP rocks!

i am uploading that 448 mg video to megaupload..... weird thing about it on my computer it works fine... i played it on my dvd downstairs and on the screen lyrics show up. like at the begenning it says ]cheers and applause] and things like that. then it shows the lyrics ( a bit late)