• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahaha that made my day.

was there any footage of it? i could love to see

Doubtful. They kept stressing "no phones or cameras" like CRAZY then when we actually got on the bus they didnt even check us :(.

EVERYONE in the band starting playing the intros to songs and we got all excited. WTCFM, WaK, Numb, Faint, Crawling. They were fucking playing with us :(.

I think it was EPIC! Very interesting stage and place where they was performing, atmosphere and how they performed - it was just f*cking amazing! Mike and Chez tried to sing as much as they can, very powerful, other members of the band did their work great too. And also I love the style of their clothes.

I'm not sure what happened to the mixing when MTV aired the performance, but I was actually there and it sounded much better in person (to me at least). I was at the corner of the center stage, right behind Mike and in front of Joe's stage. I couldn't see Phoenix at all and my view of Chester was kind of obscured by the center stage's wall, but I did have a great view of Joe, Brad, Rob, and um, Mike's back. The nice thing was that whenever Mike/Chester needed something, the stagehand would pop up right next to me. So Mike came over to me on multiple occasions. And Chester came by my corner in between songs and shook my hand, so that was cool. Got his autograph after the show too.

I thought it was funny how LP went about playing the bonus songs. After they did a quick rehearsal of The Catalyst, they spontaneously jumped into Bleed It Out. Then, while waiting for the actual VMA performance to begin, Joe and Mike played bits and pieces of various songs (the intro to Numb, the beat of Wretches & Kings and When They Come From Me, etc.). Chester sung the first line of Crawling after fans requested it, and Phoenix and Rob did the bass line/rhythm of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song for a few seconds (the name of the song escapes me right now). Then came the televised performance of The Catalyst, and after that, the band did New Divide. Chester brought his mic stand over to the backside of the stage (basically where I was) as compensation for being hidden from view during the Catalyst performance, which was cool of him. Interestingly, MTV had all the lights and effects synced up with New Divide and appeared to have filmed it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up online one of these days.

Overall I thought it was a lot of fun. The band was super nice and seemed genuinely appreciative of everyone being there. Chester even stuck around for a good 20 minutes or so signing autographs for people as they were leaving.

nice. that sounds awesome. If i lived in LA i would have so been there.

Little off but does anyone have the B.o.B and Eminem performances i high quality, they were tops too

I LOL'd at Kanye tooling himself

he was putting his hand up for himself

you can download this scene release

B.o.B_ft_Hayley_Williams_and_Bruno_Mars-Medley_(2010_MTV_Video_Music_Awards)-HDTV-720p-x264-2010-SNO

http://www.fileserve.com/file/5QYDQWx/B.o....64-2010-SNO.rar

EM.....Get the full

MTV.Video.Music.Awards.2010.720p.HDTV.x264-SYS

And LP 720P

Linkin_Park-The_Catalyst_(2010_MTV_Video_Music_Awards)-HDTV-720p-x264-2010-SNO

http://www.fileserve.com/file/TdhVmmZ/Link...64-2010-SNO.rar

It seems to me that most people these days think any kind of vocal manipulation effects = Auto-Tune.

WORD!

A couple of weeks ago.. somebody wrote a review about ATS Pre-Listening. He said about 30% Auto-Tune? I listened to the record. I don't hear the AutoTune...?! The special T-Pain AutoTune.

Doubtful. They kept stressing "no phones or cameras" like CRAZY then when we actually got on the bus they didnt even check us :( .

EVERYONE in the band starting playing the intros to songs and we got all excited. WTCFM, WaK, Numb, Faint, Crawling. They were fucking playing with us :( .

I got video of BIO and the first TC. I'll put them up later as I am at work atm. Video is good, audio like I said earlier wasn't the greatest.

Wow this is actually sounding pretty good live. I love it when the techno beat comes in and the guitar.

I knew from the first time I heard the vocal stems that it would be hard for Chester to sing live, but he did a pretty good job imo. His voice is more raspy too :D

Btw anyone can tell me how he sounded on BIO and new divide?

To be honest, I really don't see the problems people are having with Chester's performance.

In my opinion, he was a lot more solid on this song then he ever has been on any MtM song live, with exceptions possibly being No More Sorrow and Given Up.

And he was MILES better than any of his attempts at New Divide last year... *shudders*

I also believe his rasp definitely gave the song that much needed edge so that it could stand on its own live.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

That show was awesome. The band was messing around a lot on stage before they started. Mike was playing beats from wretches and kings...and when they come for me, but said they cant play em because he didnt have his guitar. The nafter the show we had to wait for ahours for the buses to come, but chester came out and pretty much signed every single person who wanted an autograph. it was awesome

That show was awesome. The band was messing around a lot on stage before they started. Mike was playing beats from wretches and kings...and when they come for me, but said they cant play em because he didnt have his guitar. The nafter the show we had to wait for ahours for the buses to come, but chester came out and pretty much signed every single person who wanted an autograph. it was awesome

Awesome news, thanks!